Tyrande, Night Elves and You!

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Creative idea, but do you think that the Night Elf fanbase would go for it as it developed without Blizzard explicitly stating what was going to happen?

Do you remember the rage when a Korean (or Thai I don't exactly remember) blue let slip about the destruction of Theramore and Blizzard had to give away the ending to the expansion which was going to be the first fresh story in WoW's lifetime just to shut up the whining?

No way this could happen without Blizzard having to spoil their own story again, and I hate that tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Erishkagal I totally agree except for the draenei. The night elves assisted them when they crash landed in Kalimdor but I think the draenei relate better with the humans now. In a changing political landscape and the draenei were forced to choose a side between the alliance and the night elves and worgen I think they would choose the alliance. In the end I think Velen might admit that the elves have a supernatural force that is guiding them that isn't a naaru. But Elune, is said to be the true deity of Azeroth. The draenei who are originally from Argus probably don't care about an Azerothian goddess. Besides they already have suggested the alliance just pack up and leave Azeroth when times get tough. The humans and the draenei have a similar set of beliefs and I think Velen would choose them over the night elves and Elune if push comes to shove. Plus if the draenei went with the night elves then Anduin would cry and we all know that won't go over well with Varian.

And no, elves shouldn't be trolls. The nomads who evolved around the well should be forest trolls who turned into dark trolls. That would explain their larger size and not discredit Elune because she crafted the night elves in her image.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Why wouldn't Night Elves just turn to Druidism, at least after the whole revenge thing and Elune's most loyal followers...followed her? And those who didn't do either would probably be picked up by the Church. People will look for support the moment they lose it.

11/17/2012 02:47 PMPosted by Ereshkigal
I apologize for being an ardent naysayer, but if the Night Elves aren't at rock bottom yet, they don't have far to go, and there is no reason blizzard would take them further down unless to make them even more the puppets of the alliance they have already become.

Oh please. The Worgen, Dwarves, and Gnomes are more puppets of the Alliance then Nelves.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Because Elune isn't most religions. Elune is someone the Night Elves know exist. It's not just faith. It's the death of a friend, a loved one. It happens to just be a diety.

And, to be clear, I'll repeat what I said in my OP.

The idea I suggested is just an idea. I have no intention, hope, or well...anything.. of Blizzard using that idea. It wasn't put down for them to use.

It was put down for how "I" would do the story, but the key points, what I feel NEED to happen, still exist.

The Night Elves need to be broken.
The Night Elves need to be remade.
The Night Elves need to be so different than how they have appeared in WoW that fierce battles and cool scenes just won't do the trick anymore.

Tyrande and the Night Elves cannot be redeemed in their current culture and characterization. So, the character and culture need to change.

It could be from the death of elune. It could be from something else. It could even be through Tyrande being assassinated by a power hungry Priestess who takes control of the priesthood after her death.

It doesn't really matter on the how. But the race and characters cannot continue on the same path they are currently on, and they have been on this path to long for them to simply step off. They need to be pushed off, and then they need to learn how to walk again.

It's the only hope the race has. Again, it's to the point where even in game NPC's are making light of their prowess.

Also...

http://i.imgur.com/W65n5.jpg

<.<
Edited by Ferlion on 11/17/2012 4:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
The Night Elves need to be broken.
The Night Elves need to be remade.
The Night Elves need to be so different than how they have appeared in WoW that fierce battles and cool scenes just won't do the trick anymore.

Got it, acknowledged over and out. And Lol @ that image.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I disagree with the assertion that this is what needs to be done.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I just want to see Night elves kick some !@# again. They don't need to take center stage, they don't need to be (currently) broken into little pieces and rebuilt from the ground up.

We just need to see the Sentinels do work. There is a possibility that they will outside Kraserang as we move the story further into Pandaria. I'd love more development for the Night elves, but let's be realistic here.

I'd honestly just be happy with an Alliance specific scenario where we get to see Night elves ride in and kick $%^ on their own.

Unless the intention is to make most Night elves evil/unplayable, I disagree with this idea. Night elves SHOULD rely on the Alliance, I apologize to anyone who believes they should go back to being isolationist. However, we should keep their culture distinct and, in my own opinion, dominant throughout the Alliance. Humans, Night elves, and Dwarves should be the main powerhouses in the Alliance.

World of Warcraft is a time of change. Night elves struggling with being conservative but needing to progress in an ever changing world is an interesting story to tell. They can't afford to be isolationist now, not with all the problems popping up and demanding their attention, with their power being sapped by a multitude of disasters.

Maybe some tweaks to Cataclysm Alliance Kalimdor questing would be nice. I know Blizzard said they'd never go back and do so, but they have done a lot of things they said they'd never do to get players back. They've also overhauled zones in the past (Dustwallow, Silithus(pre-Cata)) so that might be our hope.

That's my 2c.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The issue is, Sentinels have not been shown as anything but incompetent.

Even Wolfheart had them second fiddle to Orcs on their own turf.

Its not a believable scenario for them to "kick !@#" anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
But if they did then it wouldn't be unbelievable anymore.

Also if I'm not mistaken, weren't most of the Sentinels further north in Kalimdor? Aren't their powerbases far and away from Ashenvale? They also got struck by the Cataclysm, directly effecting their population numbers plus who knows how many former Sentinels leaving to join the Cenarion Circle. They lost simply because they were at a disadvantage and the Orcs struck at the absolute worst time for them.

Besides, Blizzard can make anything done by Knaak the Hack noncanon if they want to. For all we know half of it is noncanon but "shoots for canon".

Let's see a scenario where the Night elves kick !@# in Ashenvale. Let's see Shandris do something with that massive Sentinel army she's got tucked away for a rainy day with their Worgen pals.
Edited by Mordstreich on 11/17/2012 4:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
11/17/2012 04:57 PMPosted by Mordstreich
Besides, Blizzard can make anything done by Knaak the Hack noncanon if they want to. For all we know half of it is noncanon but "shoots for canon".

Lol the ancients in the war of the ancients trilogy. /facepalm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Then the Dragon Aspects are not cannon thus Deathwing never died. I get you don't like Knaack but some of his creations were good.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
(I had a huge reply to you written re: your reply to my post, and it was eaten by randomly being logged out followed by a 404. After my rage calms down I'll write them out again if you're still interested. And I love that image)

It wasn't a believable scenario for all the current descrepancies in the Night Elf story to happen either, but there you go. I don't think it would hurt to continue spinning, turn the 180 into a 360, and get on track again. Then things could happen like Mord is talking, and major story developments could be given to races that aren't Orcs, Humans, Night elves, or Forsaken and hopefully not involve more troll dungeons.
Edited by Lilendae on 11/17/2012 5:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/17/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Lorthuron
Then the Dragon Aspects are not cannon thus Deathwing never died. I get you don't like Knaack but some of his creations were good.

Blizzard has stated their books "shoot for canon". They might not make everything noncanon, but they can pick and choose what they do or don't like.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/17/2012 05:35 PMPosted by Mordstreich

Blizzard has stated their books "shoot for canon". They might not make everything noncanon, but they can pick and choose what they do or don't like.

Yeah and they're not going to make the Aspects *non cannon* is my point. Mostly everything (Excluding RPG books) are canon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I really do like the idea that Ferlion put down and I think it would be fun to see and play in game.

I would also like to see the Night Elves completely take Feralas and start moving into the rest o Kalimdor, essentially trying to reclaim the continent for themselves.

I would also like to see the High Elves sort of assimilated into the Night Elves, them being key in retaking Feralas, with them and the Highborne re-establishing Eldre'thalas and making it a major power center for the Night Elves in Southern Kalimdor, while the Sentinels begin to push into the rest of Kalimdor, occupying many previously neutral areas, and even clashing with the Cenarion Circle.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
How about if the Horde used the Divine bell to somehow cut them off from Elune? We know Garrosh has the bell and we need even more reason to want to kick his !@#. So why not have Garrosh be the one to use the divine bell to break the Night Elves.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
The issue with advocating for the Night Elves to be broken is that Blizzard will leave it that way.

I know that I'm repeating myself, but there is a cost to making suggestions. Blizzard does read this forum, some of our suggestions have been implemented, and in the case of the Night Elves, our common concerns were addressed in a way to make things worse.

Don't give them more ammo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Then we'll complain Night Elves aren't doing anything. Either we suggest things or accept what Blizzard does to Night Elves will be good in the end.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/17/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Lorthuron
Then we'll complain Night Elves aren't doing anything. Either we suggest things or accept what Blizzard does to Night Elves will be good in the end.

Having the Night Elves in the position of doing nothing is preferable to having them do something.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
When they started giving Tyrande visions, that's when the Night Elves lost their way.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Warrior
11/17/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Kyalin
Having the Night Elves in the position of doing nothing is preferable to having them do something.

Can't let you do that Kyalin.

The Night Elves will continue to get Lore because they're an important race, much like the Humans, Orcs, and Forsaken are.

I'd be pretty happy to have Draenei, Gnomes, or Worgen steal some of that limelight but even I have to accept that they're not pinnacle races like the ones mentioned above.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]