expertise cap

90 Draenei Warrior
11/19/2012 11:21 PMPosted by Lowmaine
Are people seriously engaging in a semantic argument about carrying now?
I don't think this is a semantic argument, we're more discussing whether or not undergeared or generally not that skilled raiders are being carried.

*is definitely not trying to have a semantic argument about semantic arguments>
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Being carried is when you take yourself, clone 9 or 24 of you (xmute your gear to the spec u need) and realise that you would not have cleared the content.

You're implying that if a person can't heal, tank AND dps, he is being carried. That doesn't really work out, particularly on a Heroic level.
Reply Quote
95 Human Paladin
You keep doin what your doin man. I to do things a little different. I tried hard capping and doing the whole theck thing. Did not really work for me so i changed things arround and went with what felt good. Always have had pretty good sucsess with this method.

Now as for the whole carry thing. Im not so sure tanks can get carried in current content just based on mechanics of alot of fights you get it or you dont. Dont hate on people for trying diffent stuff there is no cookie cutter spec/gear/gem/reforge ect that is going to work well for every player. A good player will take what hes given and make it work. Go ahead hate away on my progression or my gear or whatever. But the truth of the matter is raids take a group of people working together to complete and usually only people with epeen attitudes feel they are carrying someone.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Pally active mitigation this tier is about mainly about ShotR. A 3 second percentage damage reduction based on your mastery. This ability doesnt have anything to do with dodge/parry/block mechanics...it is a straight damage reduction.

If you get hit for 100k and you have 50% damage reduction you only take 50k damage.

Thats pretty sick.

ShotR is fueled by HoPo generation. The faster you keep that fuel incoming the more often you can take advantage of that damage reduction.

So when a pally tank is hit and expertise capped he can cast ShotR more often during a fight..than say a pally tank that is not hit and expertise capped.

Does that make sense?

High parry is nice, so is high dodge..but being crippled by diminishing returns and susceptable to RNG it is just not as profitable as going for that SotR damage reduction "uptime"

High haste? Haste benefits us directly and indirectly. When hit and exp is capped, the tank can cast ShotR even more often during a fight..due to haste.

Mastery? Absolutly...higher SotR damage reduction.

Do you need to be hit and expertise capped to down bosses? No.

Should you be? uhh yeah.

Why?

It was stated in another thread that uptime, if done correctly, and im still trying to improve mine, can be as high as 40%

So for me and my mastery level, 40% of the time, during a boss fight, i can take 47% less damage.

Would I be gimping my group, would I be considered a "carry" if I wasnt trying to maximise that? If i only did it 20% of time? or 10%?

Jake
Edited by Jakethetank on 11/20/2012 3:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/20/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Jakethetank
but being crippled by diminishing returns
Just fyi, diminishing returns don't "cripple" you. They keep your avoidance from exploding out of control.

The rest of your sentence is fine.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/16/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Ðemolition
Its very much reachable if you actually want it.

I had it before I got any epic items, just with heroic dungeon blue gear. I actually got the weapon from elegon last night and the klaxxi necklace, so my reforges are out of whack, but with my current gear I can comfortably reach 15% expertise and 7.5% hit.
Reply Quote
14 Dwarf Hunter
11/16/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Rijdot
most warriors are stopping where they're comfortable with their rage generation.

shut up! a guide told me i NEED 15% exp and 7.5% hit, SO THAT"S WHAT I HAVE TO DO!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]