What would you think of a same sex couple?

90 Human Warrior
No, I don't want to attend another "wedding" thing after going through some quests where one half is talking about the other half, even if the half I deal with alternating.

Background, fine. I really don't care. But seriously, I brought down the Lich King, punched Deathwing the face and beat a giant bug to death WITH MY FISTS!! I got better things to do than run love notes back and forth.

I think in the backround lore or at least have a minor event showing it that is optional. Don't have to but if you like the lore and or follow it attend it. With that said the Wildhammer Wedding?

You can't deny the end result was awesome.
Reply Quote
I'm all for it, I'd eventually like to see Anduin be gay. I've just always felt like he would be the perfect character for it. But I can see why they wouldn't choose him, being a Priest and all.

I think the problem for them is more that a lot of people would freak over this. (A lot of alliance folks can't stand him as is, rather unfairly imo, but there it is.)

Beyond that, as a Prince, he has dynastic obligations to continue the line. Even Alexander the Great had to take time off to nab a Roxanne to fulfill these. You could write up a great and tragic story about this, actually. Anduin trapped in a loveless straight marriage, never being able to fully commit to his lover, etc. Not happening though.
Edited by Deerde on 11/16/2012 8:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/16/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Binah
I never really saw the NPC in Dragonsblight that way. It just seemed like she was a bit of a goofball and was teasing her morn stern companion

Really? I took it as honest flirting. I can see why you would look at it in a different light, though.

Maybe it's just the thought of somebody waggling their eyebrows. I've only seen two people do that: The Rock and Stephen Colbert. Not to mention, the other night elf seems annoyed, like this it's a common occurrence.
Reply Quote
No, I don't want to attend another "wedding" thing after going through some quests where one half is talking about the other half, even if the half I deal with alternating.

Background, fine. I really don't care. But seriously, I brought down the Lich King, punched Deathwing the face and beat a giant bug to death WITH MY FISTS!! I got better things to do than run love notes back and forth.

But...but...love conquers all.

(head asplodes)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/16/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Lorelaî
I'd eventually like to see Anduin be gay.

Coming Soon...
http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=7535
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm all for it, I'd eventually like to see Anduin be gay. I've just always felt like he would be the perfect character for it. But I can see why they wouldn't choose him, being a Priest and all.

I think the problem for them is more that a lot of people would freak over this. (A lot of alliance folks can't stand him as is, rather unfairly imo, but there it is.)

Beyond that, as a Prince, he has dynastic obligations to continue the line. Even Alexander the Great had to take time off to nab a Roxanne to fulfill these. You could write up a great and tragic story about this, actually. Anduin trapped in a loveless straight marriage, never being able to fully commit to his lover, etc. Not happening though.

Please stop :(
Reply Quote

Please stop :(

I am enjoying this topic way way too much for that. :) It's supremely campy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

The wedding thing would be a bit extreme. This quest could also just take place in a low level zone. Most of the time, you're just running thing back and forth anyway.

As other have said, it would be kind of interesting if there was a story that was just a background element. I.E. when you first start questing in a certain zone, you meet two characters who are bitter towards one another. However, as you progress through the zone, and the characters follow you(like in Townlong), they manage to patch things. Defeating their enemies eventually makes them realize that they do not want to live separately anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Sure, why not.

Bonus points if it's two girls.
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Deerde
BTW, GW2 I believe has a questline rather similar to what the OP suggests and even pulled it off tastefully.

GW2 beats you over the head with the sexual proclivities of the Sylvari. It's far from tasteful.
Edited by Omacron on 11/16/2012 8:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/16/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Omacron
BTW, GW2 I believe has a questline rather similar to what the OP suggests and even pulled it off tastefully.

GW2 beats you over the head with the sexual proclivities of the Sylvari. It's far from tasteful.

They don't procreate. They can get action just not procreate.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Read Tides of War ....

They already shipped jaina with Kalecgos

I mean COMEON What is this Twilight!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Sure, why not.

I believe it's already ingame. Implied heavily. Kinelory ( http://www.wowpedia.org/Kinelory ) and Quae ( http://www.wowpedia.org/Quae )

Kinelory's signature line as she fights is 'Nothing will keep me from getting back to Quae!' or something like that. She really wants to return to her partner. The implication I saw was they are more than just friends, but possibly lovers too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Sure, why not.

I believe it's already ingame. Implied heavily. Kinelory ( http://www.wowpedia.org/Kinelory ) and Quae ( http://www.wowpedia.org/Quae )

Kinelory's signature line as she fights is 'Nothing will keep me from getting back to Quae!' or something like that. She really wants to return to her partner. The implication I saw was they are more than just friends, but possibly lovers too.

Except that logic kind of falls apart since their group is actually an adventuring trio. The third being a male human mage who was hanging out in Southshore investigating the Forsaken. He sends you to them because he's worried they got into trouble.

So unless he's their quest giver pimp, I think it's reaching to assume they're anything but best friends.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Sure, why not.

See, this is why I don't like it in games. Because the men want two women, and if it's two guys, it's "wrong."

I'm not saying you said it's wrong Draile, but that's the attitude of a lot of male gamers towards it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I feel the same about gay females and gay males to. All the same to me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Sure, why not.

See, this is why I don't like it in games. Because the men want two women, and if it's two guys, it's "wrong."

I'm not saying you said it's wrong Draile, but that's the attitude of a lot of male gamers towards it.

I guess I don't see it being such a big issue. If the quest or situation in which this goes on is not sexual in any way, then why would it matter if it were two guys or two girls?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not a big fan of all the romance in game right now, no matter straight or not. We're mostly mercs, we don't have any business being at the weddings of npc's. Especially during wartime. I wouldn't mind it if it were in the background, or in the books. But I don't see why I'd be involved in Thrall's personal relationship.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
If it was done well. Maybe.

But most of the time when I see it implemented in a game like this ( namely a game where sexuality isn't really relevant in the first place ) it's just done in an exploitative way that makes some noise without actually contributing anything to the game itself (and often distorting the characters involved needlessly).

Sort of a "What do we gain by adding this?" question, and if there isn't a good answer, why bother?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]