What would you think of a same sex couple?

85 Blood Elf Warlock

OH look another LBGT guy throwing thier hate around..you guys asked for my opinion and i gave it....if that offends you i really dont care because i dont know you and dont consider you a friend. jeeze why cant this thread die already i can just feel that this thread will go very badly. People come here to talk about lore not gay rights or political issues man. and yes this thread will boil down to political issues or gay rights.

So when you disagree with someone you're persecuted. When someone disagrees with you they're throwing hate? Dude, stahp it.

Just stahp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
http://www.wowhead.com/item=87530

It's not even really major in the throwaway books, it's probably completely normal on Azeroth.

This is a double edged sword. On the one hand, we have probably lesbian pandas. On the other, we have a human who probably wants to have sex with a panda.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/17/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Skytotem
Yeah there's some willful ignorance going on here, the first words of one of the people that he quoted were "I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're not intolerant." and then the first thing he does is whine about being called intolerant.

Please don't make this thread about him. That's how these things devolve into flame wars.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Fine fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I'd prefer if it was an original character but until we get normal couples(Straight..don't argue about semantics) decently and well done we can move on.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
True, Blizz really sucks at relationships in general when they're actually trying.

Things like Asric and Jadaar and even Budd and his crew work far better than say, Aggra And Thrall.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
True, Blizz really sucks at relationships in general when they're actually trying.

Things like Asric and Jadaar and even Budd and his crew work far better than say, Aggra And Thrall.

I mean it's not terrible but the whole rushing of Thrall and Aggra...I like them both but it could of been done well if say they were getting married in MoP.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
11/17/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Valius
I mean it's not terrible but the whole rushing of Thrall and Aggra...I like them both but it could of been done well if say they were getting married in MoP.

Really? I can't stand Aggra, Nothing about her sits right with me.

The whole "Oh she didn't like Thrall at first because she felt he should've brought the Horde to Outland to stay with the Mag'har" I can get that, that makes sense.

But her personality on the whole is so abrasive that it feels like someone tried and failed to write "STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER"
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
I would spit venom if it occured. I dislike romance - being asexual myself - and seeing it played out in a scenario such as Warcraft, while possible, makes me boil with rage. I would prefer to see the focus and lore dedicated to staying away from that realm. It's a little too close - for me, of course - to being like high school.
'Did you know X and Y Kissed? Exciting!'
'Did you know A and B broke up and B went for C? Tantalizing!'

I do not like romance in any way shape or form. Thrall and Aggra was...nauseating at best.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
11/17/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Bisquit
do not like romance in any way shape or form. Thrall and Aggra was...nauseating at best.

I can get behind this to a degree, it should never be the big focus of the story the way it was there, but we're in a world of freewilled people here, some of them are going to fall in love or be married and such.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/17/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Skytotem
But her personality on the whole is so abrasive that it feels like someone tried and failed to write "STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER"

Idk, she seemed spot on in her criticism of him in Twilight of the Aspects.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/17/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Gávinn
The topic itself turns into flame wars and has no buisness being here man.

If that's what you can think, you can just ignore the thread. No one is forcing you to post in it.

11/17/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Bisquit
I dislike romance - being asexual myself - and seeing it played out in a scenario such as Warcraft, while possible, makes me boil with rage.

There's nothing wrong with giving certain characters family members, friends, lovers, spouses and/or children. Not all characters will have them, but for others those things will just be part of their lives.

Such things shouldn't become the focus of the story (with the game being framed primarily around adventures, battles, quests and so on), but as background details they help flesh the world out a bit more.
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Shaman
I'm going to say no thanks. As others have pointed out, it's too touchy of a subject right now. Bioware or other companies are more suited to making these kinds of stories. Romance of any kind should be kept to a minimum. Just my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm fine with it, if it moves the plot or progresses their characters. But making someone gay just because they have a similar view to another character won't work. Especially if they are a dragon -_-

Making two comrades fall in love is tricky. There is a difference between two men who are close because they are best friends, comrades, or like brothers, and then there are two men who are close because they are lovers.

If they are going to introduce a gay relationship, it should be a stable and healthy one. Not perfect, but I can't imagine Koltira and Thassarian hooking up anytime soon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I don't see why we have to have some really openly gay characters. Who cares what your sexual preference is! I would be fine with a tiny reference to it, like someone mentioned a bove, where someone asks you to talk to their souse and it turns out to be the same gender or even a random npc that hints at it in dialogue but we don't need characters running around openly stating their preference.

You don't see straight characters/people going around making sure everyone knows they are straight.

And if this would eb done it would have to be with the right race.

Draeneino: I see the race to pious/light based to do something like that, plus they have low numbers so re-populate!
Dwarves: HELL NO! Clan and honor and family is really important and in dwarven society this would be shunned
Stormwind humans: eh looked down upon but not flat out hated
Gilnea: probably shunned
Orcs, trolls, and tauren: I doubt

The rest would probably be the best bet race wise if it were to be done (Blood elves, Goblins, Night elves, gnomes....maybe Pandas..?)
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
11/17/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Noitora
Idk, she seemed spot on in her criticism of him in Twilight of the Aspects.

The whole "YOU DON'T TAKE CRITICISM AS WELL AS YOU THINK YOU DO" bit?

I just felt that was annoying
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]