Sha Touched Gem

90 Tauren Druid
Hi,
I just finished the first part of the legendary quest and received the Legendary Gem. Being the first of many on my server i wanted to test out the gem and find out a bit about it. I socketed the gem thought "How would I get another one of these if I were to get an upgraded weapon. I searched for a while on the forums, wowhead and some other fan sites and only found information about being able to buy another gem for a price unknown to many. I quickly found out that Wrathion offered the service to repurchase more gems for a hefty sum of 10k gold!

My problem is that upon completing the quest the game never gives information about how to receive more gems for upgrades OR the large sum of gold required for another gem. So for people like me who are some of the first test out these gems without much background information that the game or other related sites fail to give us, and end up having to spend so much on something we weren't aware of.
Edited by Auricle on 11/17/2012 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
This is not something a GM would be able to assist with. Legendary items have been deemed "hands off" by the developers.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yes, but even if they can't help me then there are obvious design flaws in delivering information to players BEFORE they make a a minor mistake like I did that cost them a large amount.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Would the item restoration in game option work on that kind of thing?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
More than likely not :(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
They can only be socketed into Sha-Touched Sockets.

You socketed it into a Sha-Touched Socket.

They cannot assist you. Suck it up, go farm for 10k, and buy a new one if you get an upgraded weapon.

Until then, just wait for next patch. In 5.1, you have to do ANOTHER questline from him to unlock an upgraded gem.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Heh, 10k gold? That's a bit more than I was expecting.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Researching what? All they do is give +500 to a primary stat, plain and simple.

Also, not wowhead-ing an item you spent weeks building is kind of foolish.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I DID wowhead it, if you bothered to read what i wrote. Also there wasn't much information about how to obtain another one on wowhead.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
It's a legendary gem, you should have known from common sense it was going to be expensive o.o
Reply Quote
28 Orc Warlock
Just look at this thread, OP.

The information isn't given to players because Blizzard knows that nobody is going to read said information anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I would assume putting in a ticket would be the avenue you would want to follow for this.

But damn, 10k for a gem? At least now I know to not socket the thing if I get a raid finder weapon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
11/17/2012 02:15 AMPosted by Niniava
It's a legendary gem, you should have known from common sense it was going to be expensive o.o

Victim blaming.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I would assume putting in a ticket would be the avenue you would want to follow for this.

But damn, 10k for a gem? At least now I know to not socket the thing if I get a raid finder weapon.

I did contact a GM. They told me to come here to try and spread the word to the community and hopefully get enough people to agree with me that there isn't enough information about the issue so that the development team might change it in later patches.
Edited by Auricle on 11/17/2012 11:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Also I forgot to mention that the 10k payment for another gem cannot be seen by the player until the first one is used.

I understand that the gem is Unique, but the option to see the gem prices even if the player possess one should be there.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
- I just put a gem in my belt. That gem cost me 100g. I can't get it out to put in another belt, even if that other belt is newer and better.
- I just put a legendary gem in my belt. That gem cost me a few LFRs and raids of running. I can't get it out to put in another belt, even if that other belt is newer and better.

Sorry but it seems to me that you got had... HAD by Wrathion. He is in league with Blizzard and supports their gold sink ideas. It is unlikely you will replace your mace with anything other than the regular/heroic version of it. Then it will be up to you, to leave it un-gemmed or to shell 10k for a new gem to put in it.

Next time you see Wrathion, throw him a /shakefist
That's about all you can do :|
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
11/17/2012 02:23 AMPosted by Fabulouth

Victim blaming.

CAUTION: This cup of coffee is HOT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
10k is peanuts tbh.

At least now I know how much to save up for when I get my weapon, whether it's from LFR or Normal modes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]