Best Mage race

90 Orc Hunter
If you're serious about min/maxing, troll would be the "best" race for a mage. However, trolls are quite possibly the worst model design in game. One could only describe their appearance as "dinky".

But.. Orcs are the master race.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
<^^Reply to the post before it was deleted^^>

This place used to hum with @ threads. Reminds me of working for Disney.

I splinted from your comment based upon your usage of "...working for Disney..." and posted a comment to poke at some who know who they are...will not call out names...but they know.

As for trying to understand why Blizz does what they do on the forums...hell I dont even try to understand their reasoning. In fact I gave up try that with my kids, my wife, other people, their kids, the fuzzy grey squirrels that dance in the roadway as you barrell down on them at 100mph, or any others that confuse and baffle me. Did I mention that I also gave up wondering why I do the stupid things that I do as well...

In fact, I have learned to accept it like that of the rise and setting of the Sun and Moon, that Gov't will always be corrupt and my wife cant cook...

Anyway, enjoy the thread and please don't stand behind a pack of dirty Dwarves....if you do, you will understand my warnings.
Edited by Bobcat on 3/4/2013 6:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Well, i think best classes for mage are trolls and undeads.
Just because their racials...
Troll :
Regeneration: Health regeneration rate increased by 10%. 10% of total Health regeneration may continue during combat.
Berserking: Increases your attack and casting speed by 20% for 10 sec

Undead :
Touch of the Grave: Attacks have a chance to drain health from the target (Usefull sometimes :))
Will of the Forsaken: Removes any Charm, Fear and Sleep effect. This effect shares a 30 sec cooldown with other similar effects.
Cannibalize: When activated, regenerates 7% of total health and mana every 2 sec for 10 sec. Only works on Humanoid or Undead corpses within 5 yds. Any movement, action, or damage taken while Cannibalizing will cancel the effect. ( Poly and eat :> )

And i prefer undeads :3
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Death Knight
Night Elf all the way!!!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
TOUCH. OF. THE. GRAVE.

That is all.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
TOUCH. OF. THE. GRAVE.

That is all.

DITTO....Never thought that my Mage would go from Gnome...Goblin...Unforsaken, but the Forsaken racials are pure awesome.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure Night Elf hunters are the best mages.

11/16/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Antimony
I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure Night Elf hunters are the best mages.

Best WoW advice I've read all year! :)

@OP: I'm going to go with... whichever race you like best and that can be a mage.

Are you looking for mage lore, and what type of back story do you want?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
TOUCH. OF. THE. GRAVE.

That is all.

DITTO....Never thought that my Mage would go from Gnome...Goblin...Unforsaken, but the Forsaken racials are pure awesome.

Yes. But for rp of an addicted to magic mage ...
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I personally love to play a Human, mainly for casters because of the increased spirit. Gnomes would probably be the best class to roll a caster on, because, they have increased mana. At level 90, you can have i think its 345k, plus you can get the increased mana meta jem to get even more, which is EXTREMELY helpful with all casting classes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I think this thread wins the "most often necro'd" award.
Reply Quote
76 Gnome Warlock
undead
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
05/29/2014 07:38 PMPosted by Myladymimi
undead

Just like this thread.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
04/15/2014 12:27 PMPosted by Arkadiusz

It's "Groundhog Day...of the Dead"
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Rogue
05/30/2014 06:11 AMPosted by Oolaki
04/15/2014 12:27 PMPosted by Arkadiusz

It's "Groundhog Day...of the Dead"

A Dwarf making reference of their mortal enemy...the Groundhog...

If you guys need some help with dem "...hole gophers..." stealing ya living space...I am sure we of the Gnomish Empire can help you with that...for a small fee.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
05/30/2014 11:10 AMPosted by Feloniousbob

If you guys need some help with dem "...hole gophers..." stealing ya living space...I am sure we of the Gnomish Empire can help you with that...for a small fee.

I und'rstand t'ey're good wi't irradiat'in holes, an' t'eir homes.
I suppose radiation suites will cost extra.
Reply Quote
05/30/2014 11:34 AMPosted by Mockrabbit
05/30/2014 11:10 AMPosted by Feloniousbob

I und'rstand t'ey're good wi't irradiat'in holes, an' t'eir homes.
I suppose radiation suites will cost extra.

Aw bloody hell...who dug you up and added you to this conversation...be gone ya foul smelling Zeke...
Edited by Bankofbob on 5/30/2014 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
hmmm I don't know which one I came on this fourm to know and I got nothing so can someone help me
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
but spirit doesn't help mages
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]