LFR loot - 0-45..this can't be right

90 Orc Death Knight
OP if your gonna complain about no lfr drops you might want to unequip you lfr drops before you log out
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Would you prefer seeing stuff you could use drop and then never getting it because other people needed on it who didn't actually need it or someone else's guildies grabbed it for them? LFR does have the intention of giving loot but it is not as if you need full 476s to complete normal modes. Normal modes are tuned for probably half 463, half 476, with maybe a valor piece or two mixed in. For the average raider anyways.

Anyways, statistics are statistics. Unless you're arguing that your character, and your character alone, is bugged.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
That is where you and the OP disagree. The OP believes that a "fail-safe" system be implemented so RNG will not screw people over, while you think whatever RNG dishes out is fine.

You're giving him far more credit than he deserves, i think. He straight up said "it's impossible to go 0-45". We both know that's not true.

That's part of what he's asking, but i still don't think he even really understands it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/16/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Nerlixx
On average you should have won 6.75 pieces of loot. Now... the problem with AVERAGES is that there is as many people above that curve as below that curve. You are on the low side of the bell curve no doubt, but you're still on the curve... AND there is someone out there who's won 13.5 pieces of loot in their 45 runs too.

I'm pretty sure that's me, because I've won a ton of stuff between this toon and my mage alt in LFR.

I have no problem being the lucky end of the spectrum opposite the OP rolling a donut. Sorry OP, but your loss is my mathematical gain. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I got tier gloves the first time I killed Sha of Anger, and pants the second time. Nerf the drop rate, it's too high.

Edit: And on my DK I got pants the first time I killed it.
Edited by Helagoth on 11/19/2012 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
aus
I got pants from lfr on my alt, then tank pants, then dps tier from sha then, raid finder tier from HoF. Nerf pants I don't need 4 epic pants when I have a 437 green in another slot.

But the only way to do what the only thinks he wants is give an epic drop every 7 boss kills.

Guess what people would then complain their chance of a drop is zero for the first 6 bosses, people would manipulate which boss they kill in order to get the most desired drop and people would then complain they should be able to choose which drop they get instead of having to line up their boss kills to maximize their chance of getting the desired drop and not being able to count to 7.

No matter how the loot system is done, people will complain if their perception is they are worse off then somebody else if the end result of their complaints is detrimental to the system as a whole.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
When they get everything they need where do they go then?

To normals? But those are too hard!
Reply Quote
12 Human Mage
I don't remember having this much foul luck with gear since BC. I don't mind that some gear which helps you get to 470 is tied to long rep grinds, that's all fair, but putting a 1000 valor cap on each week is far too low. You are basically expected to get at least 1-2 pieces of loot from LFR MV in order to even see the other LFR content while it's still 'relevant', and it's equally as irritating seeing your friends progressing to newer content without you even though the three of you put in an equal amount of effort to gearing up.

I vote nay to the new system.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Its been kinda annoying getting to 470 on my alt shaman that I won't do dailies with, but I do acknowledge that I could easily fix that if I... did dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Vaults LFR = 6 rolls
HOF LFR = 6 rolls
Terrace LFR = 4 rolls
Sha of Anger = 1 roll
Lucky Coins = 3 rolls

Total weekly rolls = 20

Assuming 15% chance for loot. The average player will earn THREE (!!) pieces of gear a week.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Im 0 for 40ish right now too, i got one thing from a bonus roll 2 weeks ago. I'm now doing raid finder on two characters and the other character is 0 for 12 with 1 item from bonus roll.

This is kind of ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Eh, random is random. I'm sorry for your luck, but them's the breaks.

I'm currently 0-8 on charms this week. Though my coin purse is a bit heavier!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
personally id say LFR is for ppl who are casuals and can't raid so they can still see the content
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
i know how you feel, LFR raiding it doesnt matter i get shaffted on luck on any of my toons. My opinion is the worse the player the more gear they get to help pull them up. so far im 50 plus lfr/ sha drops for no loot on two toons kinda sucks
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
love the OP having all his epics this week with this post up.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
12/02/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Postonforums
love the OP having all his epics this week with this post up.

And still missing gems/enchants!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
15% chance at loot doesn't mean that you will get a piece of loot off ~1 in 7 bosses.

It means that every time you kill a boss, you have a 3 in 20 chance of getting loot. Time to take a statistics class and learn what that means.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Stop being a sockpuppet for Blizzard.

Blizzard claims this but we really know if there was no loot incentive people would run it once and stop completely.

Blizzards reasoning is BS and you know it.

Just because something has a reward doesn't mean it's designed solely to destribute rewards.

Meditate on this.
Reply Quote
Stop being a sockpuppet for Blizzard.

Blizzard claims this but we really know if there was no loot incentive people would run it once and stop completely.

Blizzards reasoning is BS and you know it.

Just because something has a reward doesn't mean it's designed solely to destribute rewards.

Meditate on this.
that does not matter - the fact is, if content had no rewards, the majority of players would never repeat content and just unsub after doing it once
Edited by Zaxan on 12/3/2012 1:51 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]