Jania and Kalecgos

90 Night Elf Priest
11/16/2012 10:19 PMPosted by Deerde
She can date a dragon... but Kael'thas is too old for her?

She's hitting her sexual peak now and her tastes have evolved.

And Kael'thas so isn't the man for her. I mean, seriously. Have you even seen him? He's prettier than she is!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
It's the Thrall and Aggra of MoP.

Wholly uneeded, unwanted, and won't really put any positive influence on the story.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 11/16/2012 10:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Wholly uneeded, unwanted, and won't really put any positive influence on the story.

I think it would of been better if say... they got married mid MoP or something. I mean... it just felt like...whoa. Don't get me wrong I like the couple and their love really touched me but it would of been awesome if it went slower.
Reply Quote

The Thrall and Aggra of MoP is...Thrall and Aggra. Neither Jaina nor Kalec resemble these two in any way. Jaina is a wounded character and considerably darker now than before. No Green Jesus here. Push her hard enough and terrible things can happen.

And Kalec, a former Aspect of Magic is just on a totally different power level than Aggra. Aggra never stood a chance paired up with Green Jesus. I'm glad that Jaina has a consort who is a peer to her, not merely arm candy.

Kalec, too, has his sorrows. He is also genuinely likable, unlike the wildly irritating Aggra.
Reply Quote
Incoming blonde-haired Drakonids.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/16/2012 11:07 PMPosted by Deerde
Kalec, too, has his sorrows. He is also genuinely likable, unlike the wildly irritating Aggra.

If they ever put together an EMT team in Orgrimmar, she should be the ambulance siren.

"GO'EL!GO'EL!GO'EL!GO'EL!GO'EL!GO'EL!GO'EL!GO'EL!GO'EL!GO'EL!GO'EL!GO'EL!GO'EL!"

They'd have no trouble getting through to anyone or anywhere in the city 'cause everyone'd want to get the hell away when they hear that coming.
Edited by Dryker on 11/16/2012 11:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

The Thrall and Aggra of MoP is...Thrall and Aggra. Neither Jaina nor Kalec resemble these two in any way. Jaina is a wounded character and considerably darker now than before. No Green Jesus here. Push her hard enough and terrible things can happen.

And Kalec, a former Aspect of Magic is just on a totally different power level than Aggra. Aggra never stood a chance paired up with Green Jesus. I'm glad that Jaina has a consort who is a peer to her, not merely arm candy.

It's not about the characters resembling each other. It's the relationship itself.

Thrall and Aggra's relationship wasn't needed. Anything Aggra did in Cataclysm, would have been much better filled by Muln Earthfury and Nobundo (For example, being the ones to piece Thrall back together, without the lovey dovey stuff). The relationship, to me at least, felt very forced - In The Shattering, Aggra was a wonderful character who I could have seen being with Thrall, but in time. Aggra was almost stereotypically feminist, having a very strong 'I don't need no man' attitude. This was a good part of her character, she was almost playing WC3 Tyrande to Thrall's Malfurion.

Come MoP - She's like Tyrande in WoW. She is completely reliant on "Go'el," hardly thinks of anything other than him, and worst of all - She went from feeling like, "Go'el, you aren't so bad after all," to, "Go'el, I love you forever and want your babies."

Jaina and Kalecgos, now, throws it into a completely different ballpark. Like Aggra, Kalecgos was integral to Jaina's growing as a character - This is perfectly fine! But, never mind the fact that he's a dragon and she's a human, this romance between them has done nothing that just being good or best friends couldn't solve. And, the worst part of it is, Kalecgos hasn't appeared at all yet in MoP, not even next patch (So we've seen). This makes the relationship feel even more unnecessary because it's not doing anything more in the story - At least Thrall and Aggra had Elemental Bonds, as contrived and forced as it might have been, but Jaina and Kalecgos have nothing like that so far. And no real sign of having anymore time together, either.
Reply Quote
I bet Kalec shows up in Org. If not, I'll be miffed and concede you have a point here. Jaina is the dominant one in the relationship here, and that's the way I prefer it, but ideally this plays out a bit like Alexstrasza and Krasus. That was one of the better handled relationships in the novels imo.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
I think it shouldn't even make sense.

I'm opposed to the idea that dragons find humans sexually desirable and vice versa. Dragons should find dragons, in dragon form, desirable. Giant lizards don't look a thing like humans. Human/elf, human/orc, hell even human/dwarf or troll I can believe, but not anything near human/animal.

Also. It is going to validate all half-dragon RPers.
Reply Quote
This thread amuses me
Reply Quote
60 Worgen Hunter
The thing that really girnds my gears is the time it took for them to hook up.

I mean Thrall and Aggra they spent much time together and even then it took almost half an expack for them to ger marriend

Jania and Kalec ONE BOOK, and they get smitten. I mean Jania a mature adult now, not Bella Swan!
Reply Quote
Mature adults cut to the chase.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/16/2012 11:07 PMPosted by Deerde
Jaina is a wounded character and considerably darker now than before. No Green Jesus here. Push her hard enough and terrible things can happen.

lol ok

Neutrality is pretty hardcore, I admit
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/16/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Mebahiah

I believe Kael was the one thinking that he was too old for her.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I kind of wish they wouldn't do inter-species relationships, unless it's like HumanXHigh/Blood elf. They just end up seeming kind of forced, and often lead to horrible Marty Stu's like Med'an.

However, there is something I want to know. Let's say Jaina and Kalec do have a kids. Unless Blizz want's to inspire some really awful rule 34ing, I'll assume that the only way they can have sex is with Kalec in his half-elf form. So, would their kids be 3/4ths human and 1/4th High elf? Or would they be half dragon?
Edited by Marcellena on 11/17/2012 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I kind of wish they wouldn't do inter-species relationships, unless it's like HumanXHigh/Blood elf. They just end up seeming kind of forced, and often lead to horrible Marty Stu's like Med'an.

However, there is something I want to know. Let's say Jaina and Kalec do have a kids. Unless Blizz want's inspire some really awful rule 34ing, I'll assume that they only way they can have sex is with Kalec in his half-elf form. So, would their kids be 3/4ths human and 1/4th High elf? Or would they be half dragon?

Stop...now...just stop..
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

However, there is something I want to know. Let's say Jaina and Kalec do have a kids. Unless Blizz want's inspire some really awful rule 34ing, I'll assume that they only way they can have sex is with Kalec in his half-elf form. So, would their kids be 3/4ths human and 1/4th High elf? Or would they be half dragon?

Stop...now...just stop..

Hey, blame Blizzard. They're the ones who put these ideas in my head.
Reply Quote

Stop...now...just stop..

Hey, blame Blizzard. They're the ones who put these ideas in my head.

But....you...don't have to ..... share them.

11/17/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Zophor

I believe Kael was the one thinking that he was too old for her.

He was and by time he got over it and approached she was too focused on her studies and being courted by Arthas.
Reply Quote
60 Worgen Hunter
11/17/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Marcellena
nless Blizz want's to inspire some really awful rule 34ing,

After Knaak ...I woudl not be suprised
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Creepy and unnatural.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]