BWC Dungeon Challenge

90 Tauren Death Knight
Woot starz !!!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
It would be great if that logo could be moved to the bottom of the screen instead of being in the middle. It's hiding the already limited screen space we see.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I'm waiting for the pvp @o@
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
That was the lamest thing I've ever seen, in the last year. Why are the camera and frames so bad? You can't tell any of the details going on at all. The commenters didn't even notice the second group wiped at the end until everything stopped moving entirely. Is that just because the Chinese commentaters' views are better and they're controlling the cameras?

But the background info to the instance was the worst to listen to.
Edited by Hubrix on 11/16/2012 7:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Yikes, didn't expect them to wipe!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Oh I spoke to soon perhaps
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I'm immensely confused right now. It feels like the rules weren't well defined to begin with and that last bit there was really confusing. Unless killing trash after boss was part of some fancy strategy there is no way a group that has run a CM enough to get gold doesn't know their exact pull pattern.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/16/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Fierydemise
Unless killing trash after boss was part of some fancy strategy there is no way a group that has run a CM enough to get gold doesn't know their exact pull pattern.

You have to kill a certain number of mobs to complete a challenge mode, so I'm assuming they skipped a bunch and didn't get all the kills they needed? I didn't tune in until the very end.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Obvious technical/rule glitches aside, spectator UI needs a rethink - it's really hard to see much of what's going on. It's much more complex than just running through the instance AEing, but that's what it looks like.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
11/16/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Prunefgt
You have to kill a certain number of mobs to complete a challenge mode, so I'm assuming they skipped a bunch and didn't get all the kills they needed? I didn't tune in until the very end.

Exactly, any team putting up good times has run the instance enough to know exactly which pulls to take and which to skip. On CM complete everything despawns, or at least it should. The fact that the trash was up there at the end means either something really wonky is going on with this special build or the teams didn't know their pull pattern and the latter seems really unlikely.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol SC main was hilarious just now!

"No... no, no,no... if I say cut to commercial you cut to commercial. Can he hear me now? What? Yeah... no if I say cut to commercial you need to. Huh? Oh ok."

XD

lol!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
the blizzcon raid challenge has way better cams and such
i really love those pve challenges but they need a lot of polishing on the spectator cams
i just saw a fliying gm :D
Edited by Gaudaloht on 11/16/2012 7:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Hope the PvP cameras aren't nearly as bad. They need to follow one player through an entire match like they did in the European finals.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
11/16/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Nathyria
Obvious technical/rule glitches aside, spectator UI needs a rethink - it's really hard to see much of what's going on. It's much more complex than just running through the instance AEing, but that's what it looks like.

Without some pretty knowledgeable commentators I'm not sure CMs are ever going to be that much to watch. Its fun to see the pull patterns and minor optimizations if you know the instances but without that knowledge there isn't much to watch.

Also yes the spectator cam is terrible.
Edited by Fierydemise on 11/16/2012 7:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
1. Splitscreen UI is terrible
2. Stream crashing to colour bars
3. Camera control is so awful
4. Either that commentator knows nothing about WoW (in which case get rid of him), or he's pretending not to know in an attempt to appeal to newer players (please don't)
5. Nobody set up rules pre-match? (resets etc.)

C'mon ... I wonder how many people were looking forward to this, then ended up sitting there squinting at two tiny boxes trying to make out individual characters. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
what a terrible event this is, they didnt prepare for event what so ever. horrible camera views, i cant understand whos running what comps, cant see any health/mana bars...

i mean.... any other ARENA PLAYER streaming on twitch is far more professional than this entire joke, what is so called event.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
These commentators really don't know anything about CMs. They are busily talking about killing rather then bucketing dogs, anyone who has run SH knows the dogs don't count for the mob counter. Also contrary to what they said pulling the 5 pull at the end of the invis puts is part of the standard strat, you won't have enough mobs otherwise.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I was somewhat looking forward to this, but it's nearly impossible to see anything in tiny boxes, and commentators are not interesting to listen to. Description of the instance is useless to people who know them, and confusing for people who don't. Comments like "They killed the trash faster, so they really had better dps" is bad. At least describe what abilities each group is using for stuns and/or AoE (heck, run a recount in spectator mode or something to point out top dps abilities used, and what killed the tank on a wipe, etc.).

This could be so much fun to watch with some (lots of ?) tweaking. Commentators should at *least* know which 5 classes each group runs with.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
1. Splitscreen UI is terrible
2. Stream crashing to colour bars
3. Camera control is so awful
4. Either that commentator knows nothing about WoW (in which case get rid of him), or he's pretending not to know in an attempt to appeal to newer players (please don't)
5. Nobody set up rules pre-match? (resets etc.)

C'mon ... I wonder how many people were looking forward to this, then ended up sitting there squinting at two tiny boxes trying to make out individual characters. :(

/agree

Also, there needs to be some actual unitframes showing the Challenge Mode Completion info.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
A best of 3 would have worked out fine, counting each instance as a 'game'. Whichever team completes the instance first wins.
Edited by Digerati on 11/16/2012 8:08 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]