Why're Infinite Dragons bad?

90 Draenei Death Knight
So.. I just got done with Culling of Strat dungeon. And I just wanna say.. why weren't we helping those Dragon guys? I mean, they were trying to kill Arthas, yeah? Wouldn't that be a good thing? No Lich King.. many innocent people would be saved. Sorry if the answer is obvious. I don't know!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Because there is a "true timeline" that must be upheld, it's one of Nozdormu's charges, to presevre the true timeline.
Reply Quote
15 Blood Elf Hunter
Because if the infinite dragonflight prevails, End Time is what Azeroth becomes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
For the same reason Alliance players can save Thrall and protect Medivh when in truth, not a single Alliance soldier would ever raise a finger for either.

Its the true timeline, and cannot be changed.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
And not upholding that time line could lead to a worse future. For example, in Black Morass we help summon the old Horde into Azeroth. That's flat out bad. The old Horde was a bunch of demon-led warmongers. However, since Thrall's Horde, they've created an organization that has actively helped defeat enemies that threaten Azeroth and the universe.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I get why we helped Medivh. Sorta. But, why is preventing the Lich King from even happening bad? I mean, what would happen? What would happen with Nozdormu if they did, kill Arthas, but that's it? Like, we failed at stopping them in the Culling of Strat, but we were able to fight them off in the other places. Would that just make another timeline or? <. <
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Would that just make another timeline or? <. <

There is an alternate timeline we know of in the lore where Thrall died as a baby, and the Scourge never existed, and Arthas married Jaina and made a new human kingdom in what is now Durotar.

But that isn't the true timeline.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/16/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
There is an alternate timeline we know of in the lore where Thrall died as a baby, and the Scourge never existed, and Arthas married Jaina and made a new human kingdom in what is now Durotar.

Well that's nice! So it'd just make another timeline, yeah? Why're they trying to make so many timelines? Or something.. what's the point? Are they gonna get Noz in trouble for not doing his job or something?
Edited by Shiá on 11/16/2012 11:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/16/2012 11:51 PMPosted by Shiá
Well that's nice! So it'd just make another timeline, yeah? Why're they trying to make so many timelines? Or something.. what's the point? Are they gonna get Noz in trouble for not doing his job or something?

There is always an alternate timeline, perhaps infinite, where a coin toss that was heads was actually tails.

But the one we're in is the true one, as stated by Aman'Thul. Nozdormu and the Bronze can see all of the timelines.

And the timeline wasn't that nice, Blackmoore became the King of Lordaeron and had the Orcs as his personal army, seeking to take over Azeroth.
Edited by Pyronaptor on 11/16/2012 11:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/16/2012 11:55 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
And the timeline wasn't that nice, Blackmoore became the King of Lordaeron and had the Orcs as his personal army, seeking to take over Azeroth.

Hm, I need to read the books. Is he stopped? Or does he actually take over?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/17/2012 12:02 AMPosted by Shiá
Hm, I need to read the books. Is he stopped? Or does he actually take over?

Well, we never find out, that Blackmoore comes to our timeline to kill Thrall and it's largely forgotten about.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Well, I was off, but here is what happened.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Blackmoore#Alternate_timeline_and_return

In an alternative timeline, Thrall died as an infant. Robbed of his ultimate weapon and most efficient method of taking over the Alliance, Blackmoore did the unexpected - instead of going further down his drunken path, he sobered up, conscripted mercenaries, and trained his would-be army himself. His hands-on approach won him popular support, and Blackmoore himself led the charge into Blackrock Spire. He even managed to kill Orgrim Doomhammer in single combat, dealing the Horde a devastating blow. Rather than having the defeated orcs put into internment camps, Blackmoore gave them a choice: join his private army or die.

Blackmoore returned triumphantly to Lordaeron and, in a swathe of destruction, he and his orcs killed several of the most stalwart defenders of humanity and dethroned the House of Menethil. He then became the self-proclaimed King of Lordaeron, assisted by his duplicitous advisor, Kel'Thuzad. He even had Doomhammer's plate reforged into a suit of armor for himself. He was not a well-loved ruler, and Varian Wrynn even planned to restore Arthas and his wife Jaina to the throne of Lordaeron, both of whom had fled to the safety of Stormwind in the aftermath of Blackmoore's coup. His rule ended after about twenty years, when he mysteriously disappeared, having been taken by the infinite dragonflight in order to kill Thrall in the true timeline. After chasing Thrall across the timeways, they eventually clashed in the Dragonblight, where Blackmoore was killed once again by Thrall.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/17/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Pyronaptor
where Blackmoore was killed once again by Thrall.

Well that's a nice ending
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/17/2012 12:14 AMPosted by Rufyn
A true answer on why the Inifinites are bad is that they are attempting to change the true timeline

And how would they go about changing the true timeline? I mean, if they go back in time, and mess everything up, all they're doing is making another timeline, right?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Oh my god NONE OF YOU explained why we don't kill Arthas.

It's because if we don't cull Stratholme, the city goes Scourge and all the people pour out and end the world.

EDIT:

Nvm it's not in the quests huh.
Edited by Skytotem on 11/17/2012 12:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Well there is an even worse fate actually and a very good reason we need to help arthas. At the time we help arthas the lich king is still just the frozen dead soul of ner'zhul and a slave to the burning legion. This means if we don't help Arthas then the scourge still belongs to the legion adding to their power. On top of this if Arthas didn't become the first deathknight who actually was defying the legion he couldnt tell illadin to go steal the skull of Gul'dan from the legion thus sealing thier fate in this world by taking such a powerful artifact from them.

Basically we needed Arthas to become the lich king to steal power away from the legion. This follows the whole divide and conquer theme.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

In answer to this you just have to do the 1st heroic dragon soul instance in wow. The leader of the infinite dragon flight is actually nozdormu in a corrupted form known as murazond. This form of nozdormu is from the future and is what nozdormu will eventually become.

Since nozdormu was given the power over time the titan who gave it to him decided to fate nozdormu with the curse of knowing and seeing his own demise. Since he knows this it troubles him and the old gods decide to whisper to him and get him to stop his death he was shown. They succeed and he gives up his charge to watch over time to save his own life and tries to create new timelines where the result can be that he doesnt die.

Ultimately he fails as the present day nozdormu takes the players in to kill his corrupted future self. I hope that wasn't too confusing but that is why the infinite dragonflight existed and since we killed it's leader who was trying to prevent his own death it means the infinites are done we wont deal with them ever again.
Edited by Dalorell on 11/17/2012 1:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
So... when Noz goes crazy.. what happens then? In our true timeline. We just kill him?
Edited by Shiá on 11/17/2012 1:06 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]