Why're Infinite Dragons bad?

100 Night Elf Druid
11/17/2012 01:04 AMPosted by Shiá
So... when Noz goes crazy.. what happens then? In our true timeline. We just kill him?

So here it is. We go with noz and kill his future self who has chosen to become corrupt. Noz continues on and loses his super powers over time to kill deathwing. Noz lives a life for a while but eventually turns to despair over his death he has seen. The old gods whisper to him and he decides they are right and he uses their power to regain at least some of his power over time. This turns him into Murazond but doesn't prevent his fate of death. So he uses his flight to change key points in time to make sure he doesnt die. Then the past form of him shows up with the players and kills him thus ending his life.

Yes confusing but it's interesting what you are doing in the instances. It would seem from a lore standpoint that it is horde players who go with nozdormu to kill murazond. For one look at who the infinites are attacking. They are trying to stop thrall from forming the horde. They are trying to stop the horde from coming to azeroth. They are trying to stop arthas from stopping the legion who would kill off the horde. They are trying to help archimonde so he could kill off the horde. All of these scenarios lead me to believe that murazond aka future nozdormu was killed by heroes from the horde.
Edited by Dalorell on 11/17/2012 1:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
We kill Murozond in a future that we guaranteed won't happen, and yet everyone seems to think that he's dead and the cycle is closed.

So, I'm betting he's not dead. Because Murozond only dies if Deathwing wins.

No End Time, no dead Dragon.
Reply Quote
The Infinite Dragonflight may not be bad. In Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, when Nozdormu talks about being trapped, he implies that this may not be the true timeline.

Us adventurers may have, in fact, been doing the world worse when we saved Thrall, Medhiv, and Arthas.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
There is an alternate timeline we know of in the lore where Thrall died as a baby, and the Scourge hadn't appeared yet, and Arthas married Jaina and crashed in best bros crib in Stormwind.
But that isn't the true timeline.

And the timeline wasn't that nice, Blackmoore became the King of Lordaeron and had his own personal army, Orcs reduced as slaves to the Alliance (been worth a summers worth of food to those who caught one), and he had no plans to conquer the world that we know of.
He was more concerned with preserving his won timeline.

Fixed
Reply Quote
89 Human Paladin
I still hold by the reason this is the "true timeline" is that this is the one where the Old Gods and the Burning Legion have lost the most. They're both enemies of the Titans, who made Nozdormu and the Bronze Dragonflight the Keepers of Time. It makes sense to me that the timeline they are trying to preserve is the one where the enemies of the Titans have been losing.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
The Infinite Dragonflight may not be bad. In Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, when Nozdormu talks about being trapped, he implies that this may not be the true timeline.

Us adventurers may have, in fact, been doing the world worse when we saved Thrall, Medhiv, and Arthas.

What? No he was talking about the timeline where Thrall died.
Reply Quote
55 Undead Death Knight
11/16/2012 11:34 PMPosted by Shiá
So.. I just got done with Culling of Strat dungeon. And I just wanna say.. why weren't we helping those Dragon guys? I mean, they were trying to kill Arthas, yeah? Wouldn't that be a good thing? No Lich King.. many innocent people would be saved. Sorry if the answer is obvious. I don't know!

Because, according to the bronze dragonflight, if you muck up time and Space then you end up causing a disaster. And we take them on their word. I am, however, sceptical.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
11/16/2012 11:55 PMPosted by Pyronaptor
And the timeline wasn't that nice, Blackmoore became the King of Lordaeron and had the Orcs as his personal army, seeking to take over Azeroth.

More importantly, the existence of that timeline was unraveling the very entire fabric of reality.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
If you were to go back for instance to the dungeon halls of reflection and read the lore as well as the culling of stratholm dungeon and put the pieces together you would get your answer to the "why not kill arthas" suggestion
P.S. In Halls of reflection Uther will explain why there must always be a Lich King. As well as his father in ICC after defeating arthas.
Edited by Seniellus on 11/17/2012 1:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Also to take note the Old Gods also have their involvment in the whole reason behind Murozonds actions of the infinite D.F.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/17/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Bisquit
Because, according to the bronze dragonflight, if you muck up time and Space then you end up causing a disaster. And we take them on their word. I am, however, sceptical.

Yeah but, how would that muck up time and space? I mean, I thought whenever you go back in time and change something at all, all it did was create another one of the countless timelines that aren't the true timeline.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I like to think that the infinite dragonflight are the greatest heroes in all of Azeroth. If their final goal is to stop deathwing and the nightmare future they come from at least.

-They are Norzdomu and the bronzes from the nightmare future where Deathwing won.
-They go back in time and mess with things.
-We stop them from taking some actions (OR DO WE?)
-Deathwing dies, and they never existed.
-Infinite dragonflight victorious!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
11/17/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Threeslotbag
I like to think that the infinite dragonflight are the greatest heroes in all of Azeroth.

I knew they were good guys!!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
It's my personal theory that, based on End Time, that the Infinite Flight's main charge was to ensure that Deathwing would eventually destroy the world and have no opposition whatsoever, or at least ensure that the Old Gods would eventually be released quicker than expected. At least, this was until Dragon Soul and Nozdormu's binding of every timeline towards the single point of the Dragon Soul obliterating Deathwing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]