@ Fearocious - <GM> of Prometheus

90 Human Warrior
This is a more of a 'How do you plan on leading a guild with this kind of mentality?' sort of post. I will probably catch a bunch of flame about it because it's irrelevant, so be it.

I've noticed Fear has been attempting to recruit tank for quite some time for his raids, so I figured I'd lend him a hand so he could get his raids off the ground.

I can understand why he wouldn't accept me because I didn't want to leave my guild, because I am the leader, but the straight-to-ignore was beyond professional.

He/she could have easily just said, 'Sorry we need guildies, not outsiders.' or something along those lines.

This is the conversation after he posted his raid recruitment macro:

Derptastic: I am currently running a i478 tank with a i468 fury OS.
Derptastic: I can help your raids whenever you need me, but I can't leave my guild unfortunately.
Fearocious is ignoring you.

This is the point I ask a guildie to whisper him to wonder why he put me on ignore, thinking it was a previous issue between us I didn't know about:

Iriabella: You've been looking for a tank for so long, then when a good one who has past raid and raid leading experiences across all of his toons whispers you about the position you put him straight on ignore?

Fearocious: Sorry, but with your attitude, I can't take you seriously.
Fearocious: /back to AFKing, will happily put that toon on ignore too.

Edit: inb4 it's probably because your name is Derptastic
Edited by Derptastic on 11/17/2012 2:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
This is a thousand times the maturity that you spoke to me with.

Hence why I put you on ignore. (If you're the same person, had one logging over on multiple toons harassing me so I ignored them all, but according to this it wasn't you?)

Derptastic: I am currently running a i478 tank with a i468 fury OS.
Derptastic: I can help your raids whenever you need me, but I can't leave my guild unfortunately.

I don't remember this part at all about you telling me your gear and such. But then, I don't remember much.

Edit: And yeah, I have been a little annoyed lately and it probably caused this, when I had a long standing member up and leave which halted our raiding it really pissed me off.

So I'm sorry for my attitude if you are in-fact not Holymulletvb or one of his alts.
Edited by Fearocious on 11/17/2012 2:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Only statement I told you was my gear and the fact I could help you with your raids, but not leave my guild, and when I tried to send you my second statement, you put me on ignore.

The second toon -> Iriabella, is not me, she is one of my officers.

I'm not one to toon swap for hours and hours until I get a response.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
D :

The reality is, even if you run with a pretty reliable roster of 11 or 12 for your 10 man - occasional or unexpected AFKs are going to happen (for example, our warlock and holy priest decided to go and get married and go on their honeymoon for the next two weeks, DAMN THEM). For those times, friends you can call on with a good attitude and team oriented approach to the game are invaluable, even more so if they actually have xp in the content you're working on. It's pretty much impossible for all but the most successful guilds to have competent people just ready on your guild bench in those kind of scenarios. Also, having raids start late or pushing people into offspecs constantly just so you can make a viable raid comp will start to wear on your raiders pretty quick and really eat into your opportunities to continue progressing. No idea if that's the case here though.

Anyway, long story short, burning bridges with people in game so freely = cutting off your nose to spite your face, sorry Ama :>
Edited by Lyvia on 11/17/2012 3:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Also, having raids start late or pushing people into offspecs constantly just so you can make a viable raid comp will start to wear on your raiders pretty quick and really eat into your opportunities to continue progressing. No idea if that's the case here though.

The one and only person interested in pushing people (as it's not what I want for my guild, and my members do not wish to be pushed either) was the one that left.

But yeah, the exact same time you would of been whispering me was when Holy and his many alts decided to troll my (and probably everyone else in trade at the time) recruitment advertising.

I was receiving many whispers from him and his alts and I promptly put new chat boxes that popped up on ignore without really reading them. Got ticked off to the max I guess.

Also why are you a gnome now =(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Can you totally blame them for leaving then though? They obviously had different expectations from the rest of the group. And to be honest, you're going to run into a lot of troubles if no one in your group is willing to be flexible, unless you're shooting for a team of like 12 or something? Idk. There there.

also

I don't know D: it was a whim. I just think of lyv as espy junior or something, you should too
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Can you totally blame them for leaving then though? They obviously had different expectations from the rest of the group. And to be honest, you're going to run into a lot of troubles if no one in your group is willing to be flexible, unless you're shooting for a team of like 12 or something? Idk. There there.

also

I don't know D: it was a whim. I just think of lyv as espy junior or something, you should too

I don't blame them for leaving with different expectations.
I'm still allowed to be angry though right?

Not shooting for a team of 12, only 10. I'm not sure how the flexibility part came into this entire argument / thread / conversation lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
this is how conversations are...they often diverge from the original topic :D

but 10 raiders for a 10 man, ewwie. but anyway, I'll zip it. :P
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
this is how conversations are...they often diverge from the original topic :D

but 10 raiders for a 10 man, ewwie. but anyway, I'll zip it. :P

Finding a core raider is hard enough, let alone people who don't mind being benched.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
this is very true. but if you can make your raiders understand the logistics of *making raids happen (I think this blog post explains it well http://www.oatznotes.com/10-man-roster-size) then they'll soon realise they'll likely wind up raiding a lot more (aswell as killing more bosses) by supporting a slightly larger group than by being opposed to it :D

Edit: didn't finish typing out sentence, cool.
Edited by Esperanza on 11/17/2012 5:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
this is very true. but if you can make your raiders understand the logistics of *making raids happen (I think this blog post explains it well http://www.oatznotes.com/10-man-roster-size) then they'll soon realise they'll likely wind up raiding a lot more (aswell as killing more bosses) by supporting a slightly larger group than by being opposed to it :D

Edit: didn't finish typing out sentence, cool.

Thanks for that link!
Definately learnt a bit from that.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I'M JUST HERE TO HELP
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
THE LORD HOLYMULLETVB HAS BEEN SUMMONED
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Damn you're alive.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
long live mullets
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
mullets 4 life
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sorry amafaterasu, being rank 1 means im very busy.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Sorry amafaterasu, being rank 1 means im very busy.

its ok m8 i forgive u for being so awesome
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]