How to help pvp be fun again.

First. Remove the amount of ccs or atleast make all cc's share drs with one another. snares with snares that is and stuns with stuns.

Second. Make Cc's be casted again and give them cooldowns similar to hex.

Third. Take away class breaks to cc or make them a higher cooldown such as 2 mins.

Fourth. Make all classes have an equal amount of life saving abiliites for themselves when their partner is cc'd.

Fifth. Rework stats/abilities to make burst damage through use of CDS not deal as much damage.

Sixth. Make all healers except cast spells again. Remove all "anti interrupt" mechanics. Make then rely on partners, positioning, their 1 instant cast oh $*@& heal every 1-3 minutes"

Seven. Remove the use of spellsteal in arena or atleast give it a cooldown.

Eight. Make casters use mana again all of them make healing constantly without drinking run you out of mana regardless of gear. Make dps casters rely on casted spells for damage. Stop giving instant cast abilities chances to proc other super high damage spells. Bring replenishment back for raiding to help counter this.

Nine. Fix the gear difference between dreadful and malevolent pieces. The desparity between the two now that you have allowed 6+ weeks of mmr inflated cheating teams to get 1000's more cq points then they could have ever gotten you are seeing fully geared with elite weapon players in lower ranks. I would add the malevolent weapons to the honor vendor for this season only to counter this.

Please work on PVP more than you are. It is stupid that the second an issue with PVE comes up you drop everything and fix it right now youll shut down a server to fix a coin issue with raid loot. However you'll allow exploiting and silly imbalances to destroy an entire arena season before even taking a glance.

We keep hearing from you "We think X if fine" etc etc. Well learn that you can be wrong. Swallow your pride and fix the game for your customers.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Warlock
/signed
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Have to agree. If they want dispel to be a choice to do it at a certain time then the same should be with cc instead of people just face rolling cc buttons all over the place. Really not that fun to play this game much in this current state.
Reply Quote
more feedback please keep the thread alive so they may read it.
Reply Quote
98 Human Paladin
This is a really bad suggestion. I'm not being a troll, but you should retitle this thread "how to make PvP fun at 1400 rating because I don't want to improve my game".

Your suggestions would basically turn PvP into spreadsheet hero PvE. If there's almost no CC and almost no damage cooldowns, you'd turn PvP into stand there and whack each other and see whose healer OOM's first. The only point I think has any weight behind it is limiting the amount of instant CC, which I do think is a problem.

PvP isn't perfect right now, but it's not the worst it's ever been. There are a few glaring issues (less than there were at the release of 5.0, which is good, at least hunters can't literally global you with zoo).

Namely, frost mages are a bit too good. Granted they have a fairly high skill cap, but they're absolutely incredible in both arena and RBG even at medium-high skill levels. Warlocks are also probably a touch too good. They don't need a to the ground nerf, but they are a bit over the top. Finally, warriors shouldn't have an RNG get lucky and literally 1 shot someone move. Remove gag order (they're doing this), limit TFB to 3 stacks (they're doing this), and honestly I still think shockwave is too good as it is, but I don't like overnerfing classes, so I guess leave it in for now.

If you look at the best arena teams from the championships, it was all MLS. The most important thing to note is that this isn't limited to the 3's bracket. Look at every single RBG pug over 2100 right now. Literally every one of them (this was the case even before the championship series) is running 2 frost mage, 2 warlock, 2 frost DK's. It's probably a good sign that frost mages and warlocks are just too good right now when no melee other than a frost DK can even find a group over 2100. The only reason frost DK's even get an invite is because of death grip and howling blast.
Edited by Wutangrza on 11/19/2012 1:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
sad when random people have a better idea of how to balance a game than the creators/designers...

also, if they balanced the game on a 1v1 basis, it would be inevitably balanced on a 2v2 3v3 5v5 10v10 15v15 or even 40v40.... it really cant be this complex, it cant be this hard to give unique abilities to classes while balancing them verse the next class in general. they can start by balancing racials and move on to classes from there, i think we all know humans still have the best one.
Reply Quote
This is a really bad suggestion. I'm not being a troll, but you should retitle this thread "how to make PvP fun at 1400 rating because I don't want to improve my game".

Your suggestions would basically turn PvP into spreadsheet hero PvE. If there's almost no CC and almost no damage cooldowns, you'd turn PvP into stand there and whack each other and see whose healer OOM's first. The only point I think has any weight behind it is limiting the amount of instant CC, which I do think is a problem.

PvP isn't perfect right now, but it's not the worst it's ever been. There are a few glaring issues (less than there were at the release of 5.0, which is good, at least hunters can't literally global you with zoo).

Namely, frost mages are a bit too good. Granted they have a fairly high skill cap, but they're absolutely incredible in both arena and RBG even at medium-high skill levels. Warlocks are also probably a touch too good. They don't need a to the ground nerf, but they are a bit over the top. Finally, warriors shouldn't have an RNG get lucky and literally 1 shot someone move. Remove gag order (they're doing this), limit TFB to 3 stacks (they're doing this), and honestly I still think shockwave is too good as it is, but I don't like overnerfing classes, so I guess leave it in for now.

If you look at the best arena teams from the championships, it was all MLS. The most important thing to note is that this isn't limited to the 3's bracket. Look at every single RBG pug over 2100 right now. Literally every one of them (this was the case even before the championship series) is running 2 frost mage, 2 warlock, 2 frost DK's. It's probably a good sign that frost mages and warlocks are just too good right now when no melee other than a frost DK can even find a group over 2100. The only reason frost DK's even get an invite is because of death grip and howling blast.

wrong, if you take away the "excessive" CC and tardmode iwin macros, not all dps burst macros just the ones that combine 4 abilities at once. it forces people to play smarter and win off skill with the aid of gear. currently people win off of a blanket silence and a macro that puts out more damage than can be healed in 2 seconds...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
All "long" CC now lasts 8 seconds and diminishes with all other long CC.

All "short" CC, silences, and interrupts now last 4 seconds (3?) and do not diminish with anything.

Bam, PvP fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

All "short" CC, silences, and interrupts now last 4 seconds (3?) and do not diminish with anything.

Bam, PvP fixed.

Good idea!

Have fun sitting in Cyclone for the entire match.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Good idea!

Cyclone would be considered a long CC. It's more fun when people use critical thinking!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Good idea!

Cyclone would be considered a long CC. It's more fun when people use critical thinking!

I'm still wondering why you think non-diminishing silences is a good idea.

Interrupts, sure, they actually take skill to land. But silences?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

Bam, PvP fixed.

LOL WHAT AN AWFUL IDEA.
Reply Quote
44 Night Elf Druid
11/18/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Fearmongar
First. Remove the amount of ccs or atleast make all cc's share drs with one another. snares with snares that is and stuns with stuns.

I don't know about this.
I agree with you from one perspective, but even with this amount of CCs and interrupts, I mostly have trouble killing a solo healer (solo.. no other healer's teammates around to help him) trolling around with me (DPS) and my friend (another DPS).

Tone the healing power down first, then we can talk about cutting CCs and interrupts.
Don't get me wrong, I 100% agree that a solo DPS should not be able to kill a healer single-handedly, but when 2 DPS using every CCs and interrupts takes more than 30 sec to kill 1 healer (sometimes longer, sometimes healer even escaped), something is wrong.
Edited by Junnie on 11/19/2012 4:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
I agree 100% i hope wow can see this and change it
Reply Quote
lol and thats why you dont work for blizz
Reply Quote

Fourth. Make all classes have an equal amount of life saving abiliites for themselves when their partner is cc'd.

so no CC and mroe self heals for every1 do you want games to go on !@#$ing forever
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
Eight. Make casters use mana again all of them make healing constantly without drinking run you out of mana regardless of gear. Make dps casters rely on casted spells for damage. Stop giving instant cast abilities chances to proc other super high damage spells. Bring replenishment back for raiding to help counter this.

This oh mah gah this.

At this point there's no advantage to being melee, other than warriors who are just way over tuned, seeing as casters

1. Never run out of mana
2. Rarely have to cast
3. More tanky then most melee (warriors excluded)
4. Do more damage (Once again excluding warriors)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Oz

Third. Take away class breaks to cc or make them a higher cooldown such as 2 mins.

Fifth. Rework stats/abilities to make burst damage through use of CDS not deal as much damage.

Sixth. Make all healers except cast spells again. Remove all "anti interrupt" mechanics. Make then rely on partners, positioning, their 1 instant cast oh $*@& heal every 1-3 minutes"

Seven. Remove the use of spellsteal in arena or atleast give it a cooldown.

Nine. Fix the gear difference between dreadful and malevolent pieces. The desparity between the two now that you have allowed 6+ weeks of mmr inflated cheating teams to get 1000's more cq points then they could have ever gotten you are seeing fully geared with elite weapon players in lower ranks. I would add the malevolent weapons to the honor vendor for this season only to counter this.

Please work on PVP more than you are. It is stupid that the second an issue with PVE comes up you drop everything and fix it right now youll shut down a server to fix a coin issue with raid loot. However you'll allow exploiting and silly imbalances to destroy an entire arena season before even taking a glance.

We keep hearing from you "We think X if fine" etc etc. Well learn that you can be wrong. Swallow your pride and fix the game for your customers.

1:in general, i agree. especially in bg settings where you are hit with cc from every direction.
2:i support cast times for some cc's, but not all.
3:i agree, if cc is harder to apply, it should be harder to break
4:this could be tricky to implement, especially since the game is not balanced on 2v2. But i see what you are getting at.
5:eh, that defeats the idea of burst tho. But i agree that there should not be burst capable of taking someone full to 0 in 2-3 gcds.
6:i dont quite understand this one due to poor wording.
7:i support a cd on spell steal, but not its removal.
8:very big pve ramifications for changing these mechanics.
9:people who have been consistently higher ranked and competitive should have the gear advantage over new players. That's like saying progressed guilds shouldn't have better gear than non-progressed ones.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
if you want to pvP where everyone has the same abilities, life, and pretty much everything, go play Call of Duty.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]