How to help pvp be fun again.

90 Human Priest
Painful read.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Every class right now is fine except healing priests and rogues. And by fine I mean survivalbility/CCs and/or damage/healing output is fine for the following classes at 2k+ MMR in arenas:

Warriors are fine.
Mages are fine.
Warlocks are more than fine.
Resto shamans are Gods
Resto druids are fine
Ferals are OK
Moonkins are OK
Hunters were OK but now may need a minor buff after stampede change.
Paladins may need a buff or two, but why do they have so many CCs now?
You can legit run enh Sham with another melee in arenas and RBGs--can't go wrong with more tremor totems.
Ele shamans - what? Still more useful than a healing priest and rogue.
DKs need a little bit of buffs in defensive CDs.
Shadow priests are fine.

CCs are a little out of control right now, I agree, but running the right comp as long as you're not a rogue or a priest (rank1 players excluded), then you are FINE because you can also counter CCs/breaks just as good. Don't just base all this over 1v1 or 2v2 because PVP is not really about that.

Offensive dispeling is fine for priests now because it costs a ton of mana for a non-shadow priest to spam it, and spellsteal may just need like a 3 sec cd. Mana cost for it is already extremely high.

Priest rant:
You know why the only class with 2-healing specs in the game is garbage right now? Because of people like you guys whining about dispels, spam dispels, mana burns etc. They gave all healers an 8 second defensive cd, they made mana cost of mass dispel like 40,000 mana or something, and there's a long cd on that now. 4-Piece PVP no longer gives priests freedom. Focused Will taken out of the game (coming in patch). Desperate Prayer now has to be talented but no priest uses it because of SPectral Guise. Mind Control removed - you have to talent for it but no priest uses it because of Psyfiend. Divine Hymn is Holy only, Discs can't use it. Mana burn removed from game.

So what do we have? A dispellable fear ward that is on a 3 minute cd so even if you're pro and you try to "guess" when a fear's gonna land, there's a chance it was a juke and you may fail.

Extreme mana issues is freaking unheard of. We'll go oom within 5 minutes of an arena fight - lolbyebye.

Shadow Word Death you now have to glyph for in order to use it any time - who even glyphs for shadow word death against a mage that can iceblock? We are forced to get 2 glyphs + Mass Dispel against most teams. It was practically the only time we needed it, and it actually required preists to be attentive to use it. They took it off probably because mages are always whining about dumb stuff like that "Wahhh wahh I'm ghostcrawler, and I hate how I can't sheep a priest because I don't "juke" sheeps so the priest always breaks my CCs with s.w.death! Let's make priests have to glyph for it in order to be able to cast it anytime, because we know they won't glyph for it."
Reply Quote
95 Pandaren Shaman
sounds like you want all melee to be warriors. and all casters to take it in the !@#
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Too generic and vague to have any importance.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
lower the cd of pvp trinket to 1 min!
Reply Quote
With the incoming warrior nerfs it will be even more about casters then ever before.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 04:22 AMPosted by Junnie
First. Remove the amount of ccs or atleast make all cc's share drs with one another. snares with snares that is and stuns with stuns.

I don't know about this.
I agree with you from one perspective, but even with this amount of CCs and interrupts, I mostly have trouble killing a solo healer (solo.. no other healer's teammates around to help him) trolling around with me (DPS) and my friend (another DPS).

Tone the healing power down first, then we can talk about cutting CCs and interrupts.
Don't get me wrong, I 100% agree that a solo DPS should not be able to kill a healer single-handedly, but when 2 DPS using every CCs and interrupts takes more than 30 sec to kill 1 healer (sometimes longer, sometimes healer even escaped), something is wrong.

The idea behind this is that a healer should be able to go oom from healing eventually. Using interrupts at key times is going to be where skill would have to come into play instead of just trying to interrupt everytime its up. Waiting until you have pressure enough to make those silences and stuns lead to a kill. Instead of using them like blankets to blow every cooldown you have and pray for crits on your 3-5min cds.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 10:50 AMPosted by Xyril
Second. Make Cc's be casted again and give them cooldowns similar to hex.

First. Remove the amount of ccs or atleast make all cc's share drs with one another. snares with snares that is and stuns with stuns.

Fourth. Make all classes have an equal amount of life saving abiliites for themselves when their partner is cc'd.

so no CC and mroe self heals for every1 do you want games to go on !@#$ing forever

If you read the entire post I would like healing to cost mana. Games will never be infinite unless you allow the other team to drink.

What I mean by saying
11/18/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Fearmongar
Fourth. Make all classes have an equal amount of life saving abiliites for themselves when their partner is cc'd.

Is simply this. I'll use druids as an example and ill compare them to ill say Dks.
Druids depending on spec have displacer beast treeform "symbiosis" can give them dispersion, iceblock detterence etc. Out of form stuns NS cyclones or proc'd feral cyclones natures grasp barkskin etc. Most of those things on a very small cooldown. For when they have a partner cc'd to help themselves. More or less abilities depending on spec.

Dk's have coi root if spec'd, IBF 2-3min cd can't remember exactly anti magic shield absorbs decent damage if glyphed and 3 min cd on deathpact if spec'd.

Between the 2 classes their is a huge amount of survivability difference. Their are many other examples those are just two.

I understand different classes are different but if you give a class so many life savers that are on a low cooldown then they will never die.
Reply Quote
1:in general, i agree. especially in bg settings where you are hit with cc from every direction.
2:i support cast times for some cc's, but not all.
3:i agree, if cc is harder to apply, it should be harder to break
4:this could be tricky to implement, especially since the game is not balanced on 2v2. But i see what you are getting at.
5:eh, that defeats the idea of burst tho. But i agree that there should not be burst capable of taking someone full to 0 in 2-3 gcds.
6:i dont quite understand this one due to poor wording.
7:i support a cd on spell steal, but not its removal.
8:very big pve ramifications for changing these mechanics.
9:people who have been consistently higher ranked and competitive should have the gear advantage over new players. That's like saying progressed guilds shouldn't have better gear than non-progressed ones.[/quote]

6:i dont quite understand this one due to poor wording. - Sorry I could do better at wording things. I mean that healers need to stand still and cast spells more than they do. Mobile healing should not be as potent as it is now. With the exception of a cooldown etc they shouldn't be able to take a player from 35-90-100% without casting a spell.

9:people who have been consistently higher ranked and competitive should have the gear advantage over new players. That's like saying progressed guilds shouldn't have better gear than non-progressed ones.

While I would mostly agree with what your saying. Comparing raiding to pvp is apples to oranges. "people who have been consistently higher ranked and competitive should have the gear advantage over new players. to qoute you" Is true to a point. Getting your weekly cap at 1400 rating for the first 12 weeks of a season being competetive or not will put you so far ahead of a new player that takes the time farming a complete honor set just to compete versus someone who may have less skill but cannot overcome the gear of the other team to win. That is the problem i see.
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the feedback be it positive or negative. Looking forward to reading more. Lets all work together to try and help our game developers make this game more enjoyable.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Instant cc is lol. Whatever happened to giving players the chance to counter it? IE I can LoS, interupt, or ground a poly. but lolbloodfear !@#$s me so hard.

everything should be give and take. IE old recklessness. It had consequences if used incorrectly.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Honestly if you want everyone to have all the same abilities and all the same health and stuff, go play a first person shooter. They've already gutted class diversity because of people like you. Just go away.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 02:06 PMPosted by Stumpette
Honestly if you want everyone to have all the same abilities and all the same health and stuff, go play a first person shooter. They've already gutted class diversity because of people like you. Just go away.

Whoever said I wanted all the classes to have the same abilities. Maybe you should take the time to read what i wrote and not jump to conclusions like that.

Every class needs to be distinct or whats the point. However in competitive gameplay you need to put players on an even level. Every class doens't need an ms effect. Every class doesn't need a ton of cc's. So many things that can be different. All I'm saying is that no class deserves to have many more ways to survive than another it simply doesn't fit in competive gameplay.

Having classes that can counter some of those defenses is fine. That is what keeps the game interested and having different team comps to come up against.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
You want all CC to share DR, which is an utterly retarded idea. You want them all to have cast times and work so that bad players like you can still get owned and have something new to complain about. You want everyone to have the same defensive cooldowns too. I read your drivel, and honestly even if the game were like that you'd still find a reason to whine. People like you are the cancer that is slowly killing WoW.

"I want everything and I don't want anyone else to be able to kill me ever waaah!!"
Please go to guildwars2 and stay there.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Ret paladin. Ret paladin have very few defensive cooldowns compared to warrior, DK, enhancement shaman.. well compared to anyone yet they are perfectly viable right now. Why? Their off healing is decent, their utility is groovy, their damage is good. So when I'm making an arena team and want a melee, I get to choose between the three (ret,dk,war) and the choice I make determines how we play, how we set up kills and where on the map we're going to play because all 3 are dramatically different. That is what makes this game so fun to play in arena (If you're any good). People like you who struggle in the 1600 bracket come to the forums and whine and whine about changing a game that's pretty darn fun all because of your own self inflated and delusion sense of pride. "I can't win so it must be the games fault! this isn't fun!" please quit. ATM I play AFC as a holy paladin and resto shaman, same hunter too on his second hunter and it's HUGELY different and that's off just changing the healer. I play shatter tree on my druid and played shadowplay earlier this season as a shaman, all 2100+ and just changing the healer, again, is HUGELY different in how it plays, sets up and defends. It's wonderful, I love it and I don't want it taken away because Scrubs like you WHINE about imbalances in the 1600 bracket.
Reply Quote
You want all CC to share DR, which is an utterly retarded idea. You want them all to have cast times and work so that bad players like you can still get owned and have something new to complain about. You want everyone to have the same defensive cooldowns too. I read your drivel, and honestly even if the game were like that you'd still find a reason to whine. People like you are the cancer that is slowly killing WoW.

"I want everything and I don't want anyone else to be able to kill me ever waaah!!"
Please go to guildwars2 and stay there.

LoL on to insults like a child? Bad like me well as it turns out on two of my other characters I'm higher rated than you have ever been. Not that it matters all that much but come off your high horse and grats on riding the hunter/warrior train to 2200 this season.

With the game and cc in its current state it should share dr. Too many instant cast cc's that lead into other cc's currently exist in this game. When cc's go back to taking some thought to apply rather than smash and go maybe it will be looked at differently.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I've been 2200-2300 this season on 3 different comps, about to be four. Post on your mains so we can see just how awesome you are! I know you won't, but I figured I'd say anyways. You're just the typical bad player who exploited being OP one season, but a bunch of achievements, and now sits around pining for the glory days. Suggesting all CC share the same DR suggests you're melee, and the dates on your achievements suggest deathknight. I change comps every 2-3 weeks because I love the class diversity in this game, and almost every 2k+ match lasts 2-5 minutes, so all this crazy CC/burst is something really only bad players are vexed by. Even my holy paladin, the healer most susceptable to CC, I really don't mind the CC at all.

When you actually GET SOMEWHERE this season come back then tell us how you wish everything were the glory days when you could cleave to the top of the ladder without having to worry about CC or skillful play. in the mean time, stay small nerd.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warrior
wow different thread same annoying shaman relying on name calling and insulting. But on topic healers and casters need to start using mana, they just make games last forver. Some of the instant CC needs to be toned down a lot. And they need to break CD stacking in pvp, i understand its not going to happen in raids but maybe in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
tell us more, Mr. never been over 1600 on any character guy.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]