Sylvanas after the Siege of Orgrimmar

85 Tauren Shaman
What POSSIBLE explanation will there be for her staying alive the moment the Alliance has the opportunity to destroy her following the Siege?

I can't imagine there'll be an overwhelming desire from the rest of the Horde to help her, even if they have the ability...
Reply Quote
91 Undead Hunter
Rollin' out the blight, baby. The Blood Elves will come out to aide the Forsaken, and neither of them, no matter how poorly portrayed they've been thus far, are to be taken lightly.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
11/18/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Skytotem
I can't imagine there'll be an overwhelming desire from the rest of the Horde to help her,

Just as there isn't an overwhelming desire to remove her.
Reply Quote
Well, first of all, the bulk of the Alliance forces are nowhere near Undercity or even on the same continent as the Forsaken. It would take some time to redeploy them from Org.

The win at Org may not come cheap, either.

But most importantly, Big Bad From Outer Space arrives, and Sylvanas is saved by the bell.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Deerde sumed it up pretty well.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Yeah, Sylvanas' contribution to the rebellion will probably be her passiveness. She will not aid either side, or will merely send a token force. Perhaps she will have prepared a plan in case Garrosh was to win, like stationning plague wagons outside Orgrimmar, but wouldn't be expecting the Alliance to be sieging Orgrimmar at the same time, and would quickly pull back, or see her plague wagons destroyed.

But most likely, she won't even step on Kalimdor.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
11/18/2012 05:05 PMPosted by Moertos
Rollin' out the blight, baby. The Blood Elves will come out to aide the Forsaken, and neither of them, no matter how poorly portrayed they've been thus far, are to be taken lightly.

Plague =/= insta-win.

The main reason why the plague has been so successful thus far is the fact that it has mainly been used against rag-tag pockets of resistance. The only real time it was used against a major Alliance force was the Wrathgate, and even then it was by surprise.

Plague-wagons don't just pop out of thin air. They will need to be driven to the location, and unless they have the element of surprise (granted, in Forsaken territory, it is quite likely they will..) they probably won't be able to do too much damage with plague.

Luckily for them, a home-battle is right up their alley. They could be able to push the Alliance out of Forsaken territory, but they won't be able to win if they decide to try their luck with Khaz'modan and force the dwarves into a defensive game. (A game they're notoriously good at, I might add.)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Sylvanas and the Forsaken have been taking over their zones, the same way other factions do with their own zones, not letting anyone get in. Forsaken don't have intention to control everything nor advance that much besides the kingdoms around Lordaeron, so to keep comparing them with Garrosh behavior is quite weird.

All factions solve everything by killing, it's not a consistent point when everyone kills as easily as they breath. It's a bit of hypocrisy to condemn someone by such standard in this situation, don't you think? Worse, to point Sylvanas as the core of the whole problem as if the rest of the Forsaken were that different.

Anyways, who said the Alliance will have that chance? The Forsaken are commited to the Horde, they send help and assist in what is necessary when they can, it would be funny if none of them helped.

I bet the Forsaken will be important to depose Garrosh, which would increase the score in their favor. They have a lot to gain with Garrosh's death, he was the one who started the whole problem with the Gilnean.

Both the Horde and the Alliance will lose a lot of manpower on this fight and I bet the Forsaken will do their best to keep theirs. Sylvanas is not stupid, people just like to assume that because they don't like her.

Not to mention, she was against the attack in Theramore. Forsaken might not care, but they don't shed blood for no reason. If they take over their zones and are left alone, they won't have problem with anyone unless they might be treat.
Reply Quote
62 Orc Death Knight
They say that she will play a major part in Garrosh's downfall so what that means to me is that Garrosh is going to do something major to piss her off like he did Vol'jin. Garrosh has undercity on lockdown with the Kor'kon this could mean another ambush or he could order his men to take out Sylvanas's remaining big name Val'kyr. And after kosak saying she'll appear late in the expac would only means shes the force that brings the rebellion to full circle. I don't see Vol'jin selling Sylvanas and the forsaken out to the alliance.

edit: Osiria has the right idea.
Edited by Kazgro on 11/18/2012 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Like Kazgro said, someone somewhere said she'll play a major part in the Siege of Orgrimmar.

Honestly I hope that means raid boss, but I think the context left everyone thinking she's pro-rebellion.

If she's got the Forsaken willingly under her heel, no Horde or Alliance leader can off her without pissing off the Forsaken masses. The Horde won't do that because they'd lose too much man power and the Forsaken are a playable race.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
11/19/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Silvurn
Honestly I hope that means raid boss, but I think the context left everyone thinking she's pro-rebellion.

I doubt it because something like that would need a lot more development time then just one patch. Becasue if she dies currently there is noone who would really be able to rally the Forsaken together.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Warrior
I think it wouldn't be too extreme for me to say that Kosak *really* loves Sylvanas, probably up there with Metzen's love for Thrall.

My money is on her is continuing as a character. The Alliance will want her to answer for some things she has wrought on them but I doubt anything will come of that.
Edited by Talrend on 11/19/2012 12:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/19/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Silvurn
Honestly I hope that means raid boss

Why would she side with Garrosh? They despise each other; Sylvanas would be only too happy to kill him if she could.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
11/18/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Osiria
Forsaken don't have intention to control everything nor advance that much besides the kingdoms around Lordaeron,

Except they've explicitly expressed an intent to conquer the world.

11/18/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Osiria
All factions solve everything by killing, it's not a consistent point when everyone kills as easily as they breath. It's a bit of hypocrisy to condemn someone by such standard in this situation, don't you think?

There's a difference between "killing" and "torturing entire populations to death before continuing that torture on their souls."

Not to mention, she was against the attack in Theramore. Forsaken might not care, but they don't shed blood for no reason. If they take over their zones and are left alone, they won't have problem with anyone unless they might be treat.

Only because she was afraid of Alliance retaliation that she knew she wasn't ready for.
Edited by Vyrin on 11/19/2012 5:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
This thread...has been... Forsakened....
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
11/19/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Lorthuron
This thread...has been... Forsakened....

It was from the beginning. It has "Sylvanas" in the title bar.

At any rate, Sylvanas is going to do as she's told by whoever's in charge of the Horde once Garrosh falls. Most likely that's going to be Vol'jin, Baine, and probably Thrall as well, all of whom think the war against the Alliance is a ridiculous waste of manpower and resources. They'll tell her to back off, and she'll back off. Why? Because she needs the Horde more than the Horde needs her, and she'll want that protection to keep Varian from marching the Horde north and taking Lordaeron. She's not going to risk being ostracized by telling them to F off.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/18/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Skytotem
What POSSIBLE explanation will there be for her staying alive the moment the Alliance has the opportunity to destroy her following the Siege?

Blizzard will probably focus on the orcs while not mentioning Sylvanas or the Forsaken for a while.

They might kill her off in the next expansion, but only after Alleria and Turalyon get involved.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
11/19/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Egrem
They might kill her off in the next expansion

She'll never be killed off; that boat has already sailed. The best time to kill her off was after Arthas died. There's no one in the Forsaken faction with enough popularity or recognition that could possibly take her place.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
Maybe she'll take advantage of Alleria's conflict with The Horde to fuel her army with the corpses of Alleria's followers(she'll also use the corpses leftover from the conflict with the Scarlet Crusade) who Alliance players are most likely to team up with. She might also take advantage of Stromgarde's Succession Crisis with her supporting Galen Trollbane while Alleria and Turalyon support Danath Trollbane(Varian and whoever's leading The Horde will most likely not interfere with the Succession Crisis at all).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/19/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Seiryu
They might kill her off in the next expansion

She'll never be killed off; that boat has already sailed. The best time to kill her off was after Arthas died. There's no one in the Forsaken faction with enough popularity or recognition that could possibly take her place.

Popularity=/ Non killable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]