8th anniversary... Seriously?

90 Tauren Hunter
How can you doubt that statement?

How many blizzard free pets have you gotten on thier birthday the last 3 years?

How many vanity pets are/were sold on blizzard store the last 3 years?

Case over!

You realize that out of the 7 years they've had anniversaries, they've only given out 2 (re: TWO) pets, yes? You make it sound like giving out pets was the norm.

Blizz has indicated before they intend for milestone years (1,5,10, etc) to have something special.

Take off your tinfoil hat.
Edited by Bullderp on 11/19/2012 10:25 AM PST
It kind of felt like one lame anniversary item lol.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, it is free, so you can't expect something great
33 Human Warrior
11/19/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Darghon
Blizzard will be lucky to make it 10 years, there is no way they will be making it 15, so if you want to hold your breath, go for it.

Hi. Blizzard has already "made it" 21 years. Please, continue forecasting the future for me.
90 Human Warlock

Well before you get your panties in a bunch, let's ALL REMEMBER Blizz is STILL and has ALWAYS been a business. Pretty sure businesses need to sell stuff to get $$$, however that doesn't mean Blizz doesn't care about it's customers. Just because they made one mistake doesn't mean we should all light up our torches and get our pitchforks and burn someone at the stake.

You are on your wrong toon, log over to your blizzard account.

Yea one sec, let me log on to my Zar/GC account real quick..... OH CRAP I POSTED THIS ON MY NORMAL ACCOUNT!!!!!
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Not sure WHY ppl are complaining. Just because they gave us pets before doesn't mean they have to now. They don't have to GIVE us anything. If we want to play we HAVE to give them money. You chose to play you chose to give them your money. Either play WOW the way Blizzard made it, and stop complaining or go give a different company your money. Stop acting like spoiled teenage brats and more like grown ups.
So you're upset you didn't get a better gift for their anniversary? What did you give them? And if it's the same lame old $15 a month, you should be ashamed....
90 Human Priest
Blizzard will be lucky to make it 10 years, there is no way they will be making it 15, so if you want to hold your breath, go for it.

If you're talking about WoW, I see no reason that it shouldn't make it to 10 years. I don't know about 15, but like Derka said, we can't tell the future. I'm not going to hold my breath for a pet though because, unlike you, I don't care.

*offers a bag of sugar, cause you seem a little bitter*
90 Human Warlock

So they can give me a anniversary pet and not get my money. Or they can put pets on the blizzard store and....still not get my money.....

We haven't gotten any pets in the last three years because they decided to only give them out for milestone years. I'm assuming that we'll see another one for ten. If not, then I guess the complaints will be justified.

Not ONLY a "Blizz wants $$$" conspiracist, but also a "WoW will die in...."?

O.o
30 Orc Warrior
[self edited]
Edited by Skarg on 12/4/2012 11:28 AM PST
90 Worgen Hunter
Go play another game. They dont give you !@#$.
33 Human Warrior
If you count those crappy game before MMORPG then you are right. I am taking about World of Warcraft MMORPG, 8 YEARS, look at Ever Quest going on 13 years in Jan 2013 and you really expect this MMORPG to go to 15 years?

I know I'm right. You didn't say WoW, you said Blizzard. Ergo, I know you're wrong and more or less just being an entitled baby.

WoW is already 8 years old and 10 million people still play the game. Everquest hasn't had numbers like that...ever...and its still alive and well. WoW's not going anywhere.
Edited by Dèrka on 11/19/2012 10:37 AM PST
90 Human Priest
11/18/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Amberlynh
I could have spent paragraphs saying it a longer way, but I thought the 'overly attached girlfriend' meme was a perfect representation of the hilariously overboard reaction to a tiny mistake.

Or you could have reported the thread and moved on. Blizzard asks for player feedback on the forums, you're trying to make the players feel like they shouldn't give feedback. It's just obnoxious coming from an MVP. Leave it alone. Report the thread (like you're supposed to) if something is wrong with it. Bumping it to the top of the page seems counterproductive if the thread is pointless.

You don't need to spend paragraphs saying anything by the way, you could have just said:

"It's a small mistake that Blizzard made. I'm sure they will correct it soon enough, and even if they don't...no big deal."
I would say that feedback to another person's feedback is still legitimate feedback. Happens in real world meetings all the time.
30 Orc Warrior
[self edited]
Edited by Skarg on 11/21/2012 7:45 AM PST
90 Orc Warrior
11/18/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Snowfox
It's because people massively overreacting to a simple irrelevant mistake don't like it when people point out that they are massively overreacting to a simple irrelevant mistake

Sourcing that it was a mistake would be awesome, maybe.

11/18/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Lightneng
Why do ppl hate anything Snowfox post?

It's not hate, it's just disappointing that instead of being helpf an MVP chooses to use the opportunity to troll the OP with a meme.

I think it's a great gift and I'll actually start doing my dailies again and work more on my monk to fully take advantage of it. I can't imagine something better unless they increased the bonus, but I can see why it is 8%. Clever.

Either explaining why it is a mistake (still cloudy on this) or why it's not a bad gift would be better than the standard "lol y u crying tho" response.
33 Human Warrior

I know I'm right. You didn't say WoW, you said Blizzard. Ergo, I know you're wrong and more or less just being an entitled baby.

WoW is already 8 years old and 10 million people still play the game. Everquest hasn't had numbers like that...ever...and its still alive and well. WoW's not going anywhere.

Gotta love reporting trolling posts!

Edit, Why did you edit your post, I wanted blizzard to see your trolling?

Methinks the defintion of "trollings" eludes you.
Edited by Dèrka on 11/19/2012 10:40 AM PST
90 Tauren Warrior
11/18/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Zaraelyna
I know a lot of people are complaining, but they have a right to be disappointed. I have the baby blizzard cub, AND the onyxian whelpling. Last year, I was upset by the rep and exp gain, but this year... Same thing? Really blizz? REALLY? A pet would have been awesome, even better now with the pet battles. I was even kinda hoping for a MOUNT! But no, an 8% exp and rep boost from killing monsters, and a WoW tabard. It's not too late to give me a beautiful baby sha pet, blizz. Please?

So you were around for the cub and whelpling yet you were disappointed with last year and this year...Umm what about the other 4 years that there was nothing?

Personally I don't get it...They gave pets twice...Out of 8 years they gave a pet for only two and yet you guys are still completely dumbfounded every year since the last one....

After the first year, yeah I can almost understand thinking maybe Blizzard forgot or was just busy or maybe ditched you or something..but then the second, third, forth and following years....You'd think you'd get it through your heads by now and stop just expecting things.

But NoOOOOooOoo you're going to kick, scream and carry on like a kid in line with his mom at the grocery store begging for a candy bar like it's the end of the world cuz she said NO!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]