8th anniversary... Seriously?

90 Night Elf Hunter
Why do ppl hate anything Snowfox post?

The thing was legit

If she wants to post tripe that gets nothing but troll responses and upsets non trolls....she should do it from an account without green text. I didn't used to mind her, but ever since she started openly trolling people and encouraging troll responses to her own posts as well as admitting that she doesn't even READ posts she responds to sometimes....I'm tired of seeing her.

Her posts are rarely valuable and she hardly helps anyone any longer. She shows open disdain for much of the player base and she encourages the kind of behavior that forum posters who actually follow the CoC don't appreciate.
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
Why do ppl hate anything Snowfox post?

The thing was legit

It's because people massively overreacting to a simple irrelevant mistake don't like it when people point out that they are massively overreacting to a simple irrelevant mistake.... even if you do it with humor.

I could have spent paragraphs saying it a longer way, but I thought the 'overly attached girlfriend' meme was a perfect representation of the hilariously overboard reaction to a tiny mistake.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Yes, they looked at the calendar and said "screw 'em, they're too stupid to notice" and intentionally sent last year's game mail. It couldn't have been a bug or, heaven forbid, human error.

The subject of the letter was different, the item packed with the letter was different. The only thing that remained the same...was the letter. That's not a bug, that's human error. The kind of error that shouldn't have happened in this case. To be honest, Blizzard knows that when they make those kinds of mistakes the players get upset. This is not a surprise to Blizzard, they are big boys and girls now, they're not crying over the fans complaining. They can handle hearing about how they made a mistake. Grown ups are supposed to own up to their mistakes and learn from them.

They don't really need the fans coming to their defense pretending like this isn't a screw up. It is a screw up and it should not have happened. They can handle hearing that. Trust me.

Celebration Package
Same item as last year, only change is that it states it's useable during the 8th anniversary.

Stating the letter was the same and there was a mistake is quite different than throwing an absolute fit as though Blizzard erased our achievements, broke the game, ruined the entire experience, and alienated the entire player base.

Most of the dozens of threads aren't saying there was a mistake, they're claiming Blizzard doesn't care about the players, doesn't care about WoW, gave up on this game, is incompetent, is a slap in the face, horrible reward for the anniversary etc. etc as if the team personally kicked their dog and insulted their mother. It's not like they're just complaining about the error on the letter. THIS thread's OP says nothing about the letter, just complaints about the reward.

Yeah, Blizzard are big boys and girls and they can take it. The problem is, they shouldn't have to. The players should start trying to act like adults too. Making a new thread on the same topic that already has dozens and I've not seen less than 6 or so on the front page at any given time when a new one pops up is not exactly reasonable either.
Edited by Faroth on 11/18/2012 9:26 PM PST
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/18/2012 09:24 PMPosted by Snowfox
I could have spent paragraphs saying it a longer way, but I thought the 'overly attached girlfriend' meme was a perfect representation of the hilariously overboard reaction to a tiny mistake.

Or you could have reported the thread and moved on. Blizzard asks for player feedback on the forums, you're trying to make the players feel like they shouldn't give feedback. It's just obnoxious coming from an MVP. Leave it alone. Report the thread (like you're supposed to) if something is wrong with it. Bumping it to the top of the page seems counterproductive if the thread is pointless.

You don't need to spend paragraphs saying anything by the way, you could have just said:

"It's a small mistake that Blizzard made. I'm sure they will correct it soon enough, and even if they don't...no big deal."
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest

Or you could have reported the thread and moved on. Blizzard asks for player feedback on the forums, you're trying to make the players feel like they shouldn't give feedback. It's just obnoxious coming from an MVP. Leave it alone. Report the thread (like you're supposed to) if something is wrong with it. Bumping it to the top of the page seems counterproductive if the thread is pointless.

There's nothing to report. The op wasn't breaking any rules, and neither was I.

I was giving my own feedback, which is to point out the absurdity of these complaints.

I'm not sure why you think I'm not allowed to do that.
Edited by Snowfox on 11/18/2012 9:31 PM PST
90 Night Elf Hunter
Celebration Package
Same item as last year, only change is that it states it's useable during the 8th anniversary.

Last year we got a 7% buff, this year it is 8%.

Different item.

And yea, a lot of people are saying Blizzard doesn't care...and they would be wrong. But we don't have to also sit around and say other untrue things just because those guys are spewing nonsense. It's an obvious mistake that they should just fix, yes...it's not that big a deal. So write up a new letter, apologise to the fans, and let us all move on from it.

Some of the players have legitimate things to say, those legitimate things get lost in the rabble yes, but to attempt to drive home the idea that everyone should shut up is no good either.

Players are allowed to leave feedback on the forums, yes, some of them are doing it wrong...but by no means all.
90 Night Elf Druid
You aren't entitled to anything.

This community is so spoiled. It needs to be taken out back and lashed with 50 deep breaths.

People that post like this one piss me off. No you're right, we aren't entitled to anything. The fact that we aren't doesn't mean anything in these cases however.

Blizzard has a long history of giving things out like candy. Free mounts for menial things, free pets just for being logged on at the right time, free game time for people that haven't played for a while... the list goes on and on. This has fostered a dependance on such things in order for the player base to be satisfied. It's similar to the Cellphone companies giving away "free" phone for so long that everyone figures that they are just throw away junk.

Once you start devaluing your product by giving away free things you cannot simply stop doing it and expect people not to get upset. For people like the poster I quoted to jump in and tell everyone to basically stop whining is just ludicrous.

I'll admit I was feeling let down when I saw my achievement pop then checked my mail, thinking "Oh cool I got something for it too!!!" then saw it was EXACTLY THE SAME as last year... If it had came and said "WoW 7th Anniversary" at least then they could have claimed it a computer error stating that there was no intended extra beyond the chieve. But no... SOMEONE EDITED THE MAIL TO SAY 8TH... How thick do you need to be?

Anyway, I'm ranting now. It appears to me as though they are purposely trying to get a rise out of the community in order to drive the numbers down. There have been far too many subs lost over the past year alone to expect anything different at this point. Beyond getting back to the basics of what made this game fun, satirical points of RL people/mindlessly silly characters and quests/the ability to do whatever you wanted without feeling gated/the occasional changes in game play (not the complete reworking they keep doing) the list goes on and on and on... I don't see this surviving beyond a few fanboys/girls of which I used to be one.
Edited by Wraithclaw on 11/18/2012 9:33 PM PST
90 Night Elf Hunter
There's nothing to report. The op wasn't breaking any rules, and neither was I.

I was giving my own feedback, which is to point out the absurdity of these complaints.

I'm not sure why you think I'm not allowed to do that.

I didn't say you're not allowed, I said you're not helpful...I said you're obnoxious...and I said that most of the time when I see you post it's nothing of value.

You're allowed to be unhelpful and post things of little worth all you want. I just personally think you should do so without the green text. That's just my opinion though, it doesn't have to have any actual merit or worth. My text isn't green.
90 Blood Elf Mage
I just don't understand why they did those 2 times :( that was so nice of them, why don't they do that anymore :(?
90 Human Warlock
11/18/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Snowfox

This is not the sort of behavior I would honestly expect from an MVP, Snowfox.

I call em like I see em.

Wow I have read threads about MVP's being unprofessional but never believed it until now. I think you should be stripped from your title because clearly you're a troll.
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/18/2012 09:29 PMPosted by Snowfox

BTW you didn't point out anything....you used a snide internet meme to passively aggressively point out something that not everyone agrees with you on.

Edit: or will understand, because you used a meme and not words. Trolls use memes. People use words.
Edited by Amberlynh on 11/18/2012 9:36 PM PST
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest

I didn't say you're not allowed, I said you're not helpful...I said you're obnoxious...and I said that most of the time when I see you post it's nothing of value.

You're allowed to be unhelpful and post things of little worth all you want. I just personally think you should do so without the green text. That's just my opinion though, it doesn't have to have any actual merit or worth. My text isn't green.

Well, you are entitled to your opinion, as we all are of course. However making personal insults at me is worse behavior and more derailing than anything I posted. So how can I take your opinion seriously? You aren't setting any kind of example that I would follow.

BTW you didn't point out anything....you used a snide internet meme to passively aggressively point out

Err.... so did I or did I not point out?
Edited by Snowfox on 11/18/2012 9:36 PM PST
1 Gnome Priest
11/18/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Gurlnextdoor
I just don't understand why they did those 2 times :( that was so nice of them, why don't they do that anymore :(?

They seem to have not really wanted to give limited-time pets, mounts, and other such things anymore which means things like pets are not really going to be all that likely. At least, that's my take on it.
1 Gnome Priest

Wow I have read threads about MVP's being unprofessional but never believed it until now. I think you should be stripped from your title because clearly you're a troll.

By definition, all mvps are unprofessional since they aren't paid to post on the forums.

This isn't their profession.
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/18/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Snowfox
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, as we all are of course. However making personal insults at me is worse behavior and more derailing than anything I posted. So how can I take your opinion seriously? You aren't setting any kind of example that I would follow.

My text isn't green and, pardon me...I wasn't trying to personally insult YOU. I was saying your POSTS are obnoxious, not helpful, and of little to no value. Not you, your posts. That's not breaking the rules and my example is simply the same one you give.

I'm calling it like I see it, and I'm doing it in the same way I've seen you do it to people.
70 Tauren Hunter
11/18/2012 09:09 PMPosted by Valenntine
If they just updated the letter I'd be fine but they couldn't bother to do that???!?

They've already said over in the CS forum that the letter sent out was sent by mistake.
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/18/2012 09:30 PMPosted by Amberlynh
Last year we got a 7% buff, this year it is 8%.

Ah, you're right indeed. I overlooked that. Wonder if 10th anniversary it'll be a 10% xp buff BoA trinket. I figure it'll be a pet for 10th year, but the trinket would make sense too.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I opened the letter, took the goody attached and thought it was awesome.

Snowfox's meme is dead on for some of the Overly Attached Fans.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]