8th anniversary... Seriously?

90 Pandaren Monk
I hate to see this subject still rolling, but now they have a video posted. This means they are now acknowledging the anniversary, but still nothing about the awkward mail we received.
Edited by Windsocks on 11/19/2012 11:48 AM PST
90 Human Priest
I would say that feedback to another person's feedback is still legitimate feedback. Happens in real world meetings all the time.

Posting a meme is not feedback, nor is it constructive. It also served to derail the thread.
It was constructive in that it made me laugh, and just because someone uses humor to get a point across doesn't make their point invalid. This thread is just like the 1000 other threads on this subject and doesn't deserve any special recognition on the OP's points. So it was destined to either die quickly or get derailed,
Edited by Lasagna on 11/19/2012 11:49 AM PST
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/19/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Windsocks
I hate to see this subject still rolling, but now they have a video posted. This means they are now acknowledging the anniversary, but still nothing about the awkward mail we received.

Nope, no acknowledgement whatsoever http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7179478237#2
90 Troll Hunter
I'm happy with whatever item I get from the Anniversary. I'm not really entitled to anything from it. It's celebrating WoW's anniversary, not ours as a player. Hell we shouldn't be getting anything, we should be giving to the people who work on World of Warcraft. :p

but the old letter was a bummer. That was a kick in the nuts.
Community Manager
11/19/2012 11:47 AMPosted by Windsocks
but still nothing about the awkward mail we received.

That was indeed a bug, and it does not appear that it can be hotfixed.

Suffice it to say that we're not happy about that, but we are happy that you guys have all joined us for the 8th Anniversary of World of Warcraft. If you haven't already, please check out the video we created to commemorate the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqBkUqOMacA&feature=youtu.be
Edited by Daxxarri on 11/19/2012 12:03 PM PST
90 Troll Shaman
How can you doubt that statement?

How many blizzard free pets have you gotten on thier birthday the last 3 years?

How many vanity pets are/were sold on blizzard store the last 3 years?

Case over!

You realize that out of the 7 years they've had anniversaries, they've only given out 2 (re: TWO) pets, yes? You make it sound like giving out pets was the norm.

Blizz has indicated before they intend for milestone years (1,5,10, etc) to have something special.

Take off your tinfoil hat.

You do realize they have given the Chinese player base somewhere around a dozen pets in the past years. Don't believe me? Open your pet journal, find the really awesome looking ones that you don't have, look them up on wowhead and read 'Promotional reward for Chinese players for logging on between this day and that day' time and time again.

Like I said originally, I wouldn't have deleted a pet , but I didn't expect one either. If they had given out anything that would be of use to anyone but the people who are altoholics or people who rarely play (yes, it's hard not to have multiple 90s at this point) then no one would be complaining.

Oh and for those saying 'other games don't give you anything' EQ, the only other hugely successful MMO besides WoW used to script a week long world event that filled the world with extra monsters , mini bosses, and boosted the HP on every non raid mini boss in the game and made them drop epic loot.

Trust me, if the rep applied to quests, there wouldn't be a single post complaining about the reward.
11/19/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Daxxarri

Suffice it to say that we're not happy about that, but we are happy that you guys have all joined us for the 8th Anniversary of World of Warcraft. If you haven't already, please check out the video we created to commemorate the event:

So any chance of a gift that will apply to daily's you cant hotfix it, but you can send everyone a 10% bonus to quest rep in ANOTHER mail.
85 Goblin Shaman
Deleted.
Edited by Darghon on 11/19/2012 12:26 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk

That video was very nice. Ty ^.^ Definitely brought back some memories. I can't wait to see how things continue to progress in this game. I love it!
90 Worgen Warrior
Daxx that video is SO AWESOME! You should definately and i think the majority will agree. Put that into mailboxes it will surpass the typos and make a reason to get the flow of playing along time worth while.

Another good video like that will let people get into the game again.

ATTACH IT ON MAINTENENCE DAY!!!!

I would love to watch that on alts when i open my mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
90 Undead Rogue
All of you complaining about this are spoiled, little, whiny children.

First of all, WoW's anniversaries mean absolutely nothing. In other words, no one is entitled to receive anything. As a matter of fact, you people only got your precious pets in the previous anniversaries because Blizzard was kind enough to give you a small treat. To this day, all of you little ingrates look like overindulged low-lives because this whole anniversary "issue" is probably the worst thing to happen to your sorry life.

Second of all, this thread just shows how stupid and foolish the WoW community is. None of you deserve squat. Furthermore, most of you have already received more than you did not deserve anyway.

Lastly, I just have reason to believe that the vast majority of you started playing this game far after it was released. In other words, WoW has been alive since you were on diapers.

Ingrates? You act like Blizzard is paying us to pay this game instead of the other way around. The only reason they are having an anniversary because we are here supporting them every single year. It is called customer loyalty, something that a company usually tries to gain. A pixelated offering of their appreciation for OUR anniversary doesn't seem unreasonable. But to be honest I would have been perfectly happy if they would have bothered giving a gift that EVERYONE could use, not just people that are leveling or able to gain rep (and xp) from kills.
90 Tauren Hunter

With that, can the idiocy of these threads now stop, please?
90 Tauren Druid
11/18/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Snowfox
Err.... so did I or did I not point out?

Deliberately trolling in order to incite needles anger and further responses to a useless thread. Several examples of this can be seen throughout the thread as well.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I liked the idea, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work? I'm grinding rep off and on for steamwheedle and it hasn't changed the numbers at all.
90 Human Priest
11/19/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Kyrule
Err.... so did I or did I not point out?

Deliberately trolling in order to incite needles anger and further responses to a useless thread. Several examples of this can be seen throughout the thread as well.

I think if I'd posted that link, no one would be so butthurt over it. In fact, no one would even notice. This is just a case of "haters gonna hate", and it's way beyond sad at this point.

There's no need to deliberately troll this community anyway. No matter what anyone posts, no matter how civil, it's going to get a rise out of SOMEONE.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/19/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Amberlynh
I would say that feedback to another person's feedback is still legitimate feedback. Happens in real world meetings all the time.

Posting a meme is not feedback, nor is it constructive. It also served to derail the thread.

The only one derailing the thread is you for caring that someone has different color text than you.
90 Pandaren Monk

Thank you, Daxx, for addressing this! And thank you for clearing up that it was, indeed, not intended. Hope you had a great weekend!
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]