8th anniversary... Seriously?

90 Night Elf Rogue
11/19/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Bullderp

That was indeed a bug, and it does not appear that it can be hotfixed.

Suffice it to say that we're not happy about that, but we are happy that you guys have all joined us for the 8th Anniversary of World of Warcraft. If you haven't already, please check out the video we created to commemorate the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqBkUqOMacA&feature=youtu.be

With that, can the idiocy of these threads now stop, please?

I doubt that! It does not suffice to say that they're not happy about it.
100 Night Elf Hunter
11/19/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Taeshawn
The only one derailing the thread is you for caring that someone has different color text than you.

You're the one that cares about the different color text, I scold trolls when I see them no matter who they are.

I also tried to keep the thread on topic. The OP felt like they were making a point, mocking them was derailing the thread. I was pointing out that the OP should not be needlessly mocked. Try actually reading the thread please. You can clearly see the difference between my responses versus those of the people who were trolling.
90 Night Elf Druid
I didn't see snowfoxes posts as trolling sorry.
90 Dwarf Priest
Edited by Fibromyalgía on 11/30/2012 7:50 PM PST
90 Human Warrior
A pet would be cool, a mount would be AWESOME! The fact is that it is WoW's birthday and blizzard game ME a gift of 8% and I am soooooo thankful for that. What better than a buff in rep for a week guys?

Word of the wise, don't look a gift horse in the mouth ;)

Thanks blizzard for the awesome buff :D have a great thanksgiving everyone!
90 Undead Warlock
I don't get why players these days feel like they're so entitled. Why, back in my day, we didn't even get a thousand things for free.
91 Draenei Shaman
i personally don't care about getting anything from wow anymore. but i can see other peoples point. we paid to keep their company going collectively by buying games and game time over the years. we've been paying for this game for 8 years now some of us. Most companies do reward long time customers, b/c they appreciate your business and like to let you know that. .it's not the player base that created this idea, other businesses in the real world did. Not many companies don't offer incentives these days b/c they want your business. there is a obvious lack of this ideology in blizzard now.
It's the players who paid for this game, putting millions of dollar of revenue into it each year.
Is it really so unreasonable to expect a little something once a year for continuing to support this game? Is it gonna break the game to do it? will it hurt you naysayers to receive something fun and unique in the mail that will still be in your bag after xmas?
i can understand even if i only got what i expected, but then that is also part of the problem now. much of the player base WANTS more from blizzard, but we've come to EXPECT less.
personally i work for what i want in game and outside of that i don't care but i like to open my mind enough to see other ppls points, so there it is.
Edited by Hendal on 11/19/2012 12:47 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
11/18/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Bretherezen
This is not the sort of behavior I would honestly expect from an MVP, Snowfox.

You're just now realizing this ?

Click her post history and be enlightened.
100 Orc Death Knight
"Man, Blizzard should give me extra bonus free stuff for no reason other than I want extra bonus free stuff! If they don't give me extra bonus free stuff for no reason, I'm going to go on the forums and complain about not getting extra bonus free stuff. I'll make entitled excuses and say 'because I pay for the game I want to play they should give me more bonus free stuff for no reason'. Even though I'm keenly aware (or should be) that I pay for server access and they give me server access so we're square and they don't owe me anything. Still gonna complain about not getting enough bonus extra free stuff for doing nothing, though." - People like the OP.
100 Night Elf Druid
11/19/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Daxxarri

So was the real text anything funny or interesting? Or did they just replace the word "dragon" with the word "Pandaren?"
32 Troll Hunter
The pet I wish they would give out is old ones that people misses like tyrael's hilt. Or make the token good year around and get more powerful as it goes.
90 Orc Warlock
You players are not entitled to anything when it comes to an anniversary in a video game. Sure, it's nice fluff, but to whine and complain about getting something that isn't up to your expectations is nothing short of moronic.

This self-entitlement mentality will be your undoing. Seriously.
100 Worgen Druid
but still nothing about the awkward mail we received.

Suffice it to say that we're not happy about that, but we are happy that you guys have all joined us for the 8th Anniversary of World of Warcraft. If you haven't already, please check out the video we created to commemorate the event:

Glad to hear it was a bug. I don't care too much about not getting a pet (Would of been nice but eh ) but the copy paste letter really did irk me. I would suggest making some sort of announcement about it cause I know a lot people were upset by the lack of effort. But bugs happen.
90 Draenei Paladin
11/19/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Xanzül

You're the one that cares about the different color text, I scold trolls when I see them no matter who they are.

I also tried to keep the thread on topic. The OP felt like they were making a point, mocking them was derailing the thread. I was pointing out that the OP should not be needlessly mocked. Try actually reading the thread please. You can clearly see the difference between my responses versus those of the people who were trolling.

Let's be honest here you are a white knight for anyone and everyone who does nothing but stomp their feet and throw temper tantrums over the littlest things and god help anyone who doesn't suffer that kind of behavior because in your view that is worse offense than murder. I have seen you consistently attack MVPs not only in this thread but many other threads. Give it a rest already.

Part of me wishes I had MVP so that I could get all this idiotic hatred (see jealous rage). I'd just respond with the most obnoxious and trolly responses evar. I'd lose the MVP thing right away, but I'd say it'd be worth it to get these people riled up.
100 Night Elf Hunter
11/19/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Hendal
we paid to keep their company going collectively by buying games and game time over the years. we've been paying for this game for 8 years now some of us. Most companies do reward long time customers, b/c they appreciate your business and like to let you know that.

For me it is less about the fact that I pay for the game as it is that I appreciate their appreciation. I like knowing that they appreciate the fact that I pay for the game. I'd pay for it either way because I love playing the game....but the game is made that much better when I feel like a valued customer. I usually do, Blizzard has always respected me when I have had to directly deal with them (for tickets and such) and they have always helped me. I accidentally deleted a character once while trying to delete an entirely different character....I called them up and the person I got on the phone told me I might have to put in a ticket in game on another character and wait. He FELT SO BAD when I was like "*eep* I'll have to wait? Do you know how long? The toon I deleted is really the only one I play right now...." He told me to hold on. He put me on hold for a good 15 to 20 minutes and when he came back he kept apologising for the long wait. He then asked me for my character info and had a GM restore it right then and there.

Now, obviously he had the power to do that all along, but he was doing his job answering phones and I was taking up his valuable time. He could have answered a lot more calls in the time he was taking to help me with something that was my fault and not an emergency. Instead of having to wait days to get my toon back (or even just a few more hours) I had her within a couple hours of accidentally deleting her. I was so happy. He really didn't have to do that. He really could have told me to open a ticket and move on. It was truly wonderful customer service and a show that the person on the phone had a big enough heart to feel sorry for this silly little gamer girl for her silly little mistake.

11/19/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Munchausenz
I didn't see snowfoxes posts as trolling sorry.

That's okay, enough people did view it as trolling that it derailed the thread. She also said she would leave the thread at one point because she had caused such a ruckus...and she came right back and kept going the exact same way she had been before.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Let's be honest here you are a white knight for anyone and everyone who does nothing but stomp their feet and throw temper tantrums over the littlest things and god help anyone who doesn't suffer that kind of behavior because in your view that is worse offense than murder. I have seen you consistently attack MVPs not only in this thread but many other threads. Give it a rest already.

You're lying. I'm not sure why you're lying, but I know you are. I've mentioned the MVPs in ONE other thread ONE time...and it wasn't to attack them. It was to defend them.

Besides that, anyone that bothers to go through my post history can see that you're lying.

Is there a reason you're lying?
90 Tauren Warrior
well actualy if we didnt p2p Blizzard would be no more. our gift to them is the fact we do p2p and keep doing so. Whether anniversary or not if you thank someone for something make a little sincere.
90 Night Elf Druid
but still nothing about the awkward mail we received.

awesome! Thank you for letting us know.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]