8th anniversary... Seriously?

90 Orc Warlock
How Snowfox is an MVP with such condescending behavior is beyond me. But I digress ... I still think that people complaining about anniversary gifts is a farce. You're not entitled to anything here.
Edited by Alkii on 11/19/2012 12:58 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin

I didn't see snowfoxes posts as trolling sorry.

That's okay, enough people did view it as trolling that it derailed the thread. She also said she would leave the thread at one point because she had caused such a ruckus...and she came right back and kept going the exact same way she had been before.

People like you instigate unnecessary hatred and do nothing but provoke such derailing. You either don't realize it or apparently intend for it to be derailed into a separate hate post. The OP itself is not something that even deserves more than a quick read of someones illogical and entitled thinking.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ingrates? You act like Blizzard is paying us to pay this game instead of the other way around. The only reason they are having an anniversary because we are here supporting them every single year. It is called customer loyalty, something that a company usually tries to gain. A pixelated offering of their appreciation for OUR anniversary doesn't seem unreasonable. But to be honest I would have been perfectly happy if they would have bothered giving a gift that EVERYONE could use, not just people that are leveling or able to gain rep (and xp) from kills.

Yes, ingrates. Customer loyalty? Please. You don't see people walking into retail places demanding prizes because the business stayed open another year. You pay to play this game, and you get plenty in return... patches, updates, new content, fixes to mistakes in the game, a server you can log in to on a daily basis, customer service to fix mistakes you make (i.e. oops didn't mean to D/E that purple), and more. That is what you pay for. They don't have to give a single, tiny thing to any of us when they have an anniversary. They do, though, and just because YOU don't like it, it's not enough. What if they'd given a pet? I don't collect pets, nor do I care about them. So should I then come and complain that the "reward" I was sent was inadequate?

TL:DR - you get plenty with your monthly subscription, and Blizzard giving anything is an act of goodwill they they don't have to give. Get over yourself.
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm perfectly happy with the 8% xp and rep boost from the buff. I have a bunch of alts that need leveling, and the extra rep from killing monsters will benefit my mage whilst I grind out Kurenai rep for the Talbuks.

Then again, maybe it's because this is my first anniversary event with WoW and I didn't know what to expect. /shrug
90 Dwarf Priest
Edited by Fibromyalgía on 11/30/2012 7:50 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm perfectly happy with the 8% xp and rep boost from the buff. I have a bunch of alts that need leveling, and the extra rep from killing monsters will benefit my mage whilst I grind out Kurenai rep for the Talbuks.

Then again, maybe it's because this is my first anniversary event with WoW and I didn't know what to expect. /shrug

Don't expect things and you'll be much happier when they inevitably do give you some additional benefit during certain times of the year. Rather than think you should get more for something that isn't even part of the primary game. Otherwise, you'll sound like the OP and anyone else like 'em.
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/19/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Eviloven
People like you instigate unnecessary hatred and do nothing but provoke such derailing. You either don't realize it or apparently intend for it to be derailed into a separate hate post. The OP itself is not something that even deserves more than a quick read of someones illogical and entitled thinking.

Your opinion of the OP is no reason to completely ignore the OP though. I actually did try to keep it on topic and mentioned that several times. If you are not going to bother actually reading, please refrain from responding.

11/19/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Därkly
Yep. She is always using snarky remarks to troll in controversial threads. The other MVPs barely ever step into these and are usually more helpful in other ones. And in this thread, she went full throttle troll mode. I don't think someone as snarky as her should be an MVP.

This was my major point the entire time. She was not being helpful, she was mocking the OP instead of encouraging people to post elsewhere, etc.

I am aware that I am guilty of aiding the derailment of the thread, but I was not the one that caused it and my attempts to put it back on track were ignored specifically by most the people responding to both me and her. In the end it was all really unnecessary and never would have happened had she just responded in a reasonable manner instead of posting a meme.

This thread will be capped soon though probably, and will then be buried. So everyone complaining about it will eventually be able to stop.

As it is....it's nice that a blue poster came along and explained the letter is a bug and cannot be hotfixed and they posted a lovely anniversary video for us to watch. I really enjoyed that and I appreciated them taking notice of the customers upset at the recycled letter. It was good of them to let us know what was going on. They went so far as to post it in this thread too....thus making sure the word gets out.

I've known Snowfox on these forums for years - he doesn't troll or be condescending, he just tells it like it is. Doesn't mean you have to agree with the way "it" is or even what Snowfox says...

Linking a meme is 'telling it like it is'? That's news to me.
Edited by Amberlynh on 11/19/2012 1:07 PM PST
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest
[
How she got her green ink is beyond me too. I really did try hard to understand but I still can't figure out how she got it.

I'm always willing to answer that question to people who are sincere in asking it.

If they are not sincere though, there is no point in answering it.
90 Troll Shaman
I like the idea of the tabard, but I would've liked if the rep/exp gain was applicable to quest turn-ins instead of just kills. The tabard is great for my leveling toons, but almost useless for my toons at level cap.
90 Human Death Knight
Happy 8th Anniversary, Blizzard! :D

Guys--10th Anniversary is a special anniversary and it's not too far...only 2 more years. Relax and enjoy the game. :)
90 Draenei Paladin
11/19/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Därkly
How Snowfox is an MVP with such condescending behavior is beyond me. But I digress ... I still think that people complaining about anniversary gifts is a farce. You're not entitled to anything here.

How she got her green ink is beyond me too. I really did try hard to understand but I still can't figure out how she got it.

Also, the majority of people were complaining about the recycled letter (as far as I can tell). The gift, I agree, should not be complained about. They don't have to send out anything.

Just to let you know, there are certain replies that can be offered that don't have to be absolute (agree/disagree with content). In fact, there are certain replies that are given that relate to the direction a topic is going that doesn't relate to the literal content someone is talking about. Understanding how to do such a thing is a role of a facilitator. Many replies from Snowfox (and most MVPs), that aren't obvious jokes, tend to fit the role of a facilitator.

I'm assuming you folks don't understand how that role works, hence your obvious nature to instantly hate on different color text, nor do you understand how such a role can be important to mediate discussion. If you claim to understand it, you should see why most MVPs have the title they do.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Oh please blizz. You couldn't take 1 day out of your schedule to throw in a special pet....or a cloak...or something instead of using something from last year. Shows how much initiative you guys have.
90 Human Warlock
11/19/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Daxxarri
That was indeed a bug, and it does not appear that it can be hotfixed.

Like the brewfest stein that didn't get fixed? >_>
90 Tauren Hunter
Oh please blizz. You couldn't take 1 day out of your schedule to throw in a special pet....or a cloak...or something instead of using something from last year. Shows how much initiative you guys have.

The self-entitlement is strong with this one.
90 Undead Mage
DOM
11/18/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Zaraelyna
I know a lot of people are complaining, but they have a right to be disappointed. I have the baby blizzard cub, AND the onyxian whelpling. Last year, I was upset by the rep and exp gain, but this year... Same thing? Really blizz? REALLY? A pet would have been awesome, even better now with the pet battles. I was even kinda hoping for a MOUNT! But no, an 8% exp and rep boost from killing monsters, and a WoW tabard. It's not too late to give me a beautiful baby sha pet, blizz. Please?
Sadly, almost every design decision Blizzard has made over the last two years or so has been around increasing the number of hours played per day per account. The MOP rep grind, the 5.1 ability to upgrade your gear with honor/justice, the removal of cauldrons... anything that potentially increases the number of hours you're going to "invest" into your characters is much more likely to get green-lighted than something that doesn't. This reward will have people, including me, scrambling to use it over the next two weeks to level characters I might not otherwise bother to, because of the experience gain. A new pet wouldn't accomplish that.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]