8th anniversary... Seriously?

100 Orc Shaman
Why are people STILL using the "You aren't entitled to anything" argument. Nobody is saying they are entitled to a gift. The REAL point here is that Blizzard did a shoddy job thanking people by half-assing the letter. If you're gonna bother thanking your player base and least make it seem half sincere.

Blues stated it was a bug. I kinda doubt that but ok, fine.
Edited by Dregar on 11/19/2012 1:22 PM PST
90 Draenei Hunter
I don't care about a mini-pet or anything, I'm fine with the little rep perk. But at least an updated letter would have been nicer than an automated, auto generated one. :/

I think that was the nail in the coffin right there. The auto-generated letter wasn't even for the current expansion and irked players the most. So, just a lesson for next time, at least take a moment to re-type some text into the anniversary letter before it auto-generates.

Nice video ... but ... at least make the ingame mail letters written or tailored to sound more current to the year or current expansion, k-thx!
Edited by Dreamlifter on 11/19/2012 1:27 PM PST
55 Night Elf Death Knight
You can contact Blizz at MVPs@Blizzard.com if you're just here to complain about an MVP.
Edited by Renshaw on 11/19/2012 1:23 PM PST
1 Pandaren Rogue
11/19/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Snowfox
If they are not sincere though, there is no point in answering it.

Then don't post. Simple.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
How dare we expect the company making billions annually off of us to try to please us. We're such bastards.

Idiot.

I guess I can use your fallacious argument to assert that I deserve free gold everyday for logging on and paying $15 a month. You are pathetic.

Anyway, they please you kids with game developments, such as expansions, patches, fixes, customer service, etc.

Keep trying to make this "issue" at hand look like you're really standing for something important. I, like many other normal people, am laughing at you.

For a "normal" person you sure are viscious. Do you regularly laugh at people for wanting more out of a consumer product or is that something you reserve just for WoW?

I'm not going to comment on what I think you must be to call someone pathetic for wanting some pixels they'd recieved in the past as a reward for being a good customer. I'm not saying he's right, I'm saying your wrong. Just in case there was any confusion.
Edited by Haradgrim on 11/19/2012 1:25 PM PST
90 Tauren Hunter
Why are people STILL using the "You aren't entitled to anything" argument. Nobody is saying they are entitled to a gift. The REAL point here is that Blizzard did a shoddy job thanking people by half-assing the letter. If you're gonna bother thanking your player base and least make it seem half sincere.

Blues stated it was a bug. I kinda doubt that but ok, fine.

So even after their addmitance of an error, the fact they were upset it occured, and them posting an original 3+ minute "Happy 8th!" on Youtube to show they were indeed wanting to make something special as opposed to half-assing it, you're gonna sit there as Mr. Frumpypants and doubt them at their word?
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
Beyond that, I don't know. I still say that whether you applied, or if they thought you were fit to be an MVP, you need to set a better example and not be judgmental. Just my 2 cents.

This

Are you saying I should or shouldn't act like you?
Edited by Snowfox on 11/19/2012 1:27 PM PST
90 Draenei Paladin

Just to let you know, there are certain replies that can be offered that don't have to be absolute (agree/disagree with content). In fact, there are certain replies that are given that relate to the direction a topic is going that doesn't relate to the literal content someone is talking about. Understanding how to do such a thing is a role of a facilitator. Many replies from Snowfox (and most MVPs), that aren't obvious jokes, tend to fit the role of a facilitator.

I'm assuming you folks don't understand how that role works, hence your obvious nature to instantly hate on different color text, nor do you understand how such a role can be important to mediate discussion. If you claim to understand it, you should see why most MVPs have the title they do.

I see other MVPs around that don't throw meme links for the OP. They genuinely help people, they don't derail threads. I have no problem with their ink color. But when you apply for MVP, you need to respect your "power" and not abuse it. MVPs are supposed to set an example and not make fun of posters just because they don't agree with them.

Everyone is different and can be offended in different ways.

MVP's don't have to be serious every second that they use the forums. Nor do they have to refrain from joking. Hell, you see blues do the same thing. It's not a job for MVPs, nor does it require 100% professional response from them. What distinguishes users on a public forum is their conduct towards worthwhile, heated, and/or important and pressing matters.

A player who is just starting and seeking help, you'll never see an MVP or blue respond with something condescending or ill-mannered. A topic that does not even be deserve to be looked at seriously (like this one)? Not sure why you expect a serious response and professional response, particularly from MVPs, on a matter that is nothing but flamebait. Plus, in the case of Snowfox, there is obviously going to be hatred and derailing (by other users) regardless of what is said, simply because of green text.
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest

I am not a MVP. Need I say more?

Absolutely you do.

If you cannot behave even as well as I do, then you certainly have no basis to tell me how to post.

You don't get to play the "well I'm not an mvp so I don't have to" card, especially not if you are flaming me for not living up to some pedestal you've tried to put me up on, only so that you can tear me down from it.
1 Pandaren Rogue

I am not a MVP. Need I say more?

Absolutely you do.

If you cannot behave even as well as I do, then you certainly have no basis to tell me how to post.

You don't get to play the "well I'm not an mvp so I don't have to" card, especially not if you are flaming me for not living up to some pedestal you've tried to put me up on, only so that you can tear me down from it.

Has nothing to do with anyone trying to put you up on any sort of fictitious pedestal. The MVP topic linked to describes MVPs as "posters who are a positive influence on the gaming community in some form, whether it be through posting strategy guides or tips on various aspects of gameplay, or even just bringing a positive and constructive tone to the forums when socializing with their peers."

Starting with the meme (which I did find humorous, but I digress), and now this "fueling the fire," I don't see much of that reflected here by you. I don't see why it is so hard for you stop counter trolling and just ignore the people trolling you.
Edited by Seraphimilim on 11/19/2012 1:37 PM PST
89 Tauren Monk
allright... sooo i read 3 pages of this thread, it started as, wth are we getting last year's mail... but now it just looks like hatred or envy towards snowfox...
so what he/she made a meme and is an mvp.. grow a sense of humor and and shut the hell up.
90 Draenei Paladin
11/19/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Därkly
Plus, in the case of Snowfox, there is obviously going to be hatred and derailing (by other users) regardless of what is said, simply because of green text.

Nah that is not true. It's got nothing to do with her green text... at least not from me. She just has a very condescending way of talking to people.

Anyway.... I'll be gone in a few days so I don't really care.

It actually is the green text (result of MVP title). If it weren't, you (nor anyone else), wouldn't give much of a care towards what is said and this matter wouldn't be... a matter.

I'd really like an example btw of a condescending post that was aimed at the original post of any topic Snowfox has replied to. I haven't seen it. Jokes generally are not classified as condescending without obvious ill-intent, though arguable. And again, this topic is not even worthy of responding seriously to. Pick your battles.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]