Guilty Pleasure Movies

100 Undead Warlock
There is that movie that you like and just never want anybody alive (or dead, or even potentially alive) to ever find out you like. That movie that strikes some strange cord of pleasure deep in your psyche that you just can't help but enjoy when given the opportunity to witness it, yet still know, you should not derive pleasure from it.

What is it?

Hellstrom Chronicles
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Psycho Beach Party
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Jack Frost 1 & 2 (the horror movies)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The Huggabunch movie.

I'm not actually ashamed or embarrassed of liking it, I actually like making friends watch it to traumatized them.

I just liked it since childhood is all.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Congo(Stop eating my sesame cake!)

Moonraker( I have a soft spot in my heart for Moonraker. I just love the over the top atmosphere of the flick. It also gave us the Moonraker Laser which would be in Goldeneye for N64 much later on. What a wacky design that weapon has.)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Classic horror film series like Puppet Master and Critters. So much fun.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Darby O'Gill and the Little People, very early Sean Connery. A favorite since childhood. Monsters Inc., and any early Disney classic. My son bought me Monsters Inc for Christmas after it came out, and it made me cry when I opened it! My grown sons just shook their heads, and laughed.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

the Pretty Cure All Stars movies.

it's like magical girl justice league
Reply Quote
32 Tauren Paladin
any movie with hot babes getting killed (c'mon it makes them hot)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
All the Resident Evil movies. Love 'em.

Yes, I know they're bad... don't care.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
also Meet The Feebles ( I love this movie so much!)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Death Proof. Probably the only "chick flick" car chase movie in existence, and it is AWESOME.
Edited by Cowbacca on 11/28/2012 9:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
The Phantom Menace.

I just never got how people could not like it. There's all those haters out there, and I just... don't get it. Was it because it wasn't as good as everyone thought it would be after like 20 years? Yeah I was a bit annoyed, but I still liked it.

Except Jar Jar. Don't even MENTION that screwed-up little tard-face. "Meesa gonna punch 'im in the face, ya betcha betcha!"
Edited by Srdotsalot on 11/28/2012 3:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
The Phantom Menace.

I just never got how people could not like it. There's all those haters out there, and I just... don't get it. Was it because it wasn't as good as everyone thought it would be after like 20 years? Yeah I was a bit annoyed, but I still liked it.

Except Jar Jar. Don't even MENTION that screwed-up little tard-face. "Meesa gonna punch 'im in the face, ya betcha betcha!"

I've always thought that the whole prequel reaction phenomenon would be an excellent study in psychology, because no other movie series in history has struck such a chord in people. I have learned that there are three things you do not discuss on the internet: politics, religion and Star Wars.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Kentucky Fried Movie ~ I only enjoy it because I watched it with my bother years ago and yes I know how terrible everything about that movie is, yet I will bring it out every now and then when nobody is around.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Event Horizon. It pretty much got panned by the critics and most of my friends think it's !@#$, but it's the best damn horror movie I've ever seen IMO. I like space stuff though, the typical slasher/boo! crap never did anything for me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
11/30/2012 01:19 AMPosted by Toddster
Event Horizon. It pretty much got panned by the critics and most of my friends think it's !@#$, but it's the best damn horror movie I've ever seen IMO. I like space stuff though, the typical slasher/boo! crap never did anything for me.

Soldier is another AWESOME movie by that director. It got panned to death when it opened and bombed big time at the box office, but it is one of the most balls to the wall, old school action movies I've ever seen. It proudly sits in my DVD collection, and is one of my all-time favorite action movies. And Kurt Russell gives what is in my opinion an oscar-worthy performance as the nearly-mute soldier named Todd, who is the main character in the movie, but speaks less than 100 words throughout the whole thing.

As an aside, the writer of Soldier has said that it is set in the same universe as another one of his movies, Blade Runner.
Edited by Cowbacca on 11/30/2012 6:05 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]