Early Shadow Priest AoE?

87 Human Priest
Hi all, so I've been leveling this priest lately and have noticed the big gaping hole that is our lack of an AoE. We don't get Mind Sear until level 76?!?! wtf is up with that? my mage gets an AoE at level 22, my lock gets an AoE at level 18, so why does my priest have to wait til level 76, almost the end of my character's leveling experience to be of any use in an AoE situation?

I've also been kicked from 3 groups now for not being able to perform as well as other group members when AoE'ing through an instance. I do some multi-target dotting to the best of my ability but when others are mindlessly pressing a single button and end up putting out 3 times the numbers I can (ahem, DK's/blood boil) it makes me feel like there is a major class flaw and is rather frustrating.

Anyone have any helpful suggestions on ways I can improve my performance on AoE pulls pre-lvl 76?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Multidotting is what you've got. Realistically, lack of an AOE early on isn't a huge deal. You'll be past those levels shortly. I'm just surprised you found three groups willing to spend long enough out of combat to kick someone at that level.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Holy Nova.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
In looms you should be beating people aoeing mobs by just using mind spike/mind blast.

It was rare to run into a group that would pull enough mobs that my dps would be useless.

Even so when you get to bosses in where you will shine 3 orbs + shadowfiend on a sub 30 second fight= over 2k dps at level 58.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/19/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Taheraliel
Holy Nova.

Healing spec spell only. Shadow no longer gets it.

On topic, don't worry about AOE in dungeons until you get mind sear. Even then its a weak spell tbh. Just multi-dot and single target down stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hate to burst your bubble but Mind Sear sucks
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
11/20/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Plezure
Holy Nova.

Eh, it's a glyph.

Any priest who wants it can get it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/20/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Mescyn

Eh, it's a glyph.

Any priest who wants it can get it.

My mistake. I was just aware that I lost it in my shadow spec and didn't even bother trying to look for it in my holy spec since its a useless spell.
Reply Quote
There are a very few fights where I can't compete with classes using their aoe, at least so far. If they're tougher elite mobs, multi dot and enjoy the FDCL procs. If they're elites that are a little squishier, just spam mind spike, MB on CD, and Plague at 3 orbs.

The only fights I have a problem with are when there are tons of tiny, non-elites that swarm. It's hard to even get off a mind spike on those fights. They're pretty darn rare in the dungeons I've been in, for azeroth content. I think there's a wave just before the baron in strat that's like that.

Be thou not afraid of mind spike on trash.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]