What's a hardcore casual raiding guild?

90 Orc Death Knight
My mind's just been blown:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9940/casualhardcore.png
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
And here I thought my guild was hardcore casual.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I been in a hardcore casual guild before. Basically its like you only raid once a week for 3 to 4 hours max. However you kill heroic bosses at a much faster rate then everyone else since you only raid once a week.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Interesting. The second half of what you said though, I don't understand.

11/17/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Zumi
However you kill heroic bosses at a much faster rate then everyone else since you only raid once a week.

What do you mean?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/17/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Ghatok
What do you mean?

Good players that take the game seriously but can't play often.

You down bosses fast because:
a. You don't suck.
b. You don't spend 15 mins in between pulls on AFKs and the blame game.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I was once in a casual guild but they didn't take raiding seriously.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
11/17/2012 01:20 PMPosted by Nery
Sarosha's Nightmare.

rofl! That's true...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Are such guilds even possible now that blizzard forces you to do 2 hours worth of dailies every day just to get raid gear?
Reply Quote
3 Undead Priest
A guild that raids for hardcore amounts of time, but it's members play at a very "casual" skill level?
Reply Quote
3 Undead Priest
11/17/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Hoimen
Are such guilds even possible now that blizzard forces you to do 2 hours worth of dailies every day just to get raid gear?

Oh noes, you have to go out in the world instead of sitting in SW all day spamming trade chat with anal jokes!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Kind of a problem with my guild. They were fine in Cata (back when they were my alt guild) when they didnt have anything to do outside of log in 6 hours/week and raid, now they have to do LFR and dailies. Multiple of our raiders don't even bother with them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

You don't need to do dailies to raid. It helps a little with gear from the coins, but coins don't need nearly that many dailies to get.

Actual gear from valor is pretty bad.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
11/17/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Dayuv

Kind of a problem with my guild. They were fine in Cata (back when they were my alt guild) when they didnt have anything to do outside of log in 6 hours/week and raid, now they have to do LFR and dailies. Multiple of our raiders don't even bother with them.

I am not bagging on you guys at all, but based on your Cata progression it looks like you guys are doing just about as well as you did before, even if they're not doing dailies or LFR.
Reply Quote
29 Pandaren Monk
It's an oxymoron, but a lot of people like this exist. All too often casual guilds say they raid but usually let it fall by the wayside. Some casual guilds try to take it seriously, but are far more understanding with people's schedules. This also means raiding may not happen consistently, sometimes there's pugs, and sometimes you might have to be put on standby due to the need to recruit more players to fill in when people are busy making a living.

It's a hard one to fill for blizz and for raid leaders.

A lot of people say 'casual raiding with a hardcore mentality," which is probably more accurate.

TL;DR some people have random schedules and still like to have somewhat challenging content.
Edited by Cudds on 11/17/2012 2:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/17/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Tihra
I was once in a casual guild but they didn't take raiding seriously.

But now you have a guild that takes raiding serious I see...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Hardcore players who raid at low hours, maybe 9 or 12 per week maximum.
It's a thing.

Hardcore refers to the play-style.
Casual refers to the schedule.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Has a laid back raid schedule 2-3 days a week, expects people to play to the best of their abilities.

Used to raid with one...they were awesome, even after the guild broke up we're all facebook friends and occasionally meet up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
My guild's another example. We raid two nights a week for 8ish hours, we're 5/6H in MSV. But this expansion and all of the dailies/valor/conquest grinds really sucked for my guild. Lot of unhappy people.

The good news is the gbank that I manage provides all food/flasks/gems/repairs/etc so people don't have to worry about those PLUS the dailies and other stuff. That definitely helped.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/17/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Gorea
A guild that raids for hardcore amounts of time, but it's members play at a very "casual" skill level?

Opposite, actually.

Casual amounts of time, but hardcore attitude during the time they do play.

Possible? Definitely. Maybe not as effective/fast as in wotlk/cata, where out of raid requirements were minimum, but doable none the less.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]