HoF mechanics in LFR

90 Human Paladin
Again, at risk of sounding 'whiny' and my apologies for doing so, is it just me or is LFR harder than normal raids? I love what Bliz did with all the unique mechanics to the raid fights, but more mechanics = more coordination, and while in a raid group of your buddies, on vent, that can be done, in LFR you just can't.

A raid group you comprise is made up of the best of the best. LFR 25 man groups are always going to be 25% of ppl knowing what they are doing AT BEST, some kind of know what's going on, the rest are "OH LOOK SHINY GROUND" or "DID YOU SEE THAT CRIT?!?!"

There really should be a LFR raid version, that has some of the mechanics, but not all of them, or at least the mechanics should be nerfed to the ground to compensate for general inability to coordinate and for the people who don't raid, don't care, and just want to see end game content and test their dps.

I thank you for nerfing the 3rd boss, it made it much more doable. The 2nd half's 2nd boss, and i haven't even gotten to try the 3rd boss, require way to much coordination.

Suggestions at least for boss 2:

• Decreases damager or increase CD on the Amber Monstrositie's self explosoin
  • Remove the ability to be permanently MCed on no will, just have the person leave vehicle if they run out of will

Those two simple things should greatly increase the playability of the raid, without having to spend hours try to train people, then retrain new people when ppl rage quit, and then train more when more rage quit after a wipe.

Thanks bliz, i know you're trying your best, hard to appease everyone, but i think most agree, LFR is about non-raiders seeing end game content, and helping get some extra gear even for raiders to help them progress faster. If someone wants a challenge, they should really look to normal raid.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
You actually get a message displaying what the buttons do when you get shaped into a construct, it's pretty ridiculous through all the failsafes that somebody can mess it up.

Even through that, it's super easy to heal through until you have 5+ constructs up, but the boss is dead by then.
Edited by Postonforums on 11/17/2012 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So recommend just people ignore the 'construct' mechanics of keeping them up and everyone just dps down anyone who is turned into a construct and get em out of the vehicle as soon as possible?

And as for the instructions, if you make something idiot proof, they will just build a better idiot... ;)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
11/17/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Treyou
So recommend just people ignore the 'construct' mechanics of keeping them up and everyone just dps down anyone who is turned into a construct and get em out of the vehicle as soon as possible?

the bolts in p3 heal the constructs making them pretty much impossible to kill, but the boss dies before you get to danger if you have more than 3 healers
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yes, just tell people to kill people who get turned into constructs (to force them out at 10%) in p1 and p2. If the driver manages to interrupt, huzzah, but the damage is already like 1/3-1/4 of normal mode and can be healed through.

And the debuff lasts 1 minute instead of 15 seconds.

And the Monstrosity's Amber Explosion is also nerfed so you don't really need to interrupt that either.
Edited by Balkoth on 11/17/2012 9:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/17/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Treyou
is it just me or is LFR harder than normal raids?

It's not really harder, per se, you just have to carry people that suck. So personally, for people who don't suck, it's harder.

11/17/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Treyou

I don't remember exactly, but someone on these forums posted an easy strat for it (i think it was basically kill constructs, so people can't be dumb. but dont quote me on it)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
The easy strat posted here was to get in one yourself and keep eating puddles while the rest of the raid tunnels the boss. Guess it's a lot better if you're a tank though so you can do it reliably from P1 onwards.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
11/17/2012 09:37 PMPosted by Digerati
The easy strat posted here was to get in one yourself and keep eating puddles while the rest of the raid tunnels the boss. Guess it's a lot better if you're a tank though so you can do it reliably from P1 onwards.

Doesnt fling still happen in LFR? would get you killed if you're not 3 tanking it, and ambershaper is buggy when you use 3 tanks, and picks random ones.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Thanks all, we 1 shot the boss simply by instructing everyone to kill the constructs immediately, the nerfed boss health allows easy downing without needing ot use the mechanic of hitting hte boss with the big guy. On last phase we kept constructs up just to spam 1.

I guess i just need to know the proper strategy, sorry everyone, note to self: remove any complicated mechanic if possible in LFR :P

For the last boss, if it helps someone, have a healer (like pally) be the only one to enter the sonic dampners and heal themselves to reduce the timer of the 1, when adds come, they pretty much single tanked it, everyone got poison and just AOEd. Last part just stay out of purple and throughout tank swap.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Doesnt fling still happen in LFR? would get you killed if you're not 3 tanking it, and ambershaper is buggy when you use 3 tanks, and picks random ones.

if you spam taunt as you're being Flung, you can get it off in the split second between landing and being stunned.

The real erason it would be dicey is that LFR dps isn't good enough to transition phase 2 before the third cast, so if you have a tank stay in full time, you have a chance of running out of tanks.
Edited by Slashlove on 11/18/2012 12:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/17/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Postonforums

Tanks in LFR pick up the monstrosity? Wouldn't know it from the groups I've been healing. Although, as long as he's hitting a plate DPS, it's usually fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've had pretty good results by just explaining things beforehand. Not "kill constructs, don't stand in ooze, ok pulling", but actually explaining all the important mechanics and how to handle them. It's a bit tedious, and of course some groups are worse than others, but IMX has a much higher success rate than a brief summary or going in blind.
Edited by Ravicana on 11/18/2012 12:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I <3 Amber shaper on LFR

main reason? When you get turned into a construct you can team kill

it's hilarious
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Have done this boss twice now and not wiped. Have the DPS kill constructs ASAP in phase 1,/2 and kill boss in phase 3. Have the constructs hit the boss in P1 and hit the add in P2. If they self-interrupt it's nice but the thing only does like 10% of people's max health so it's not really any trouble if they miss every single interrupt. Save lust for P3.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Decreases damager or increase CD on the Amber Monstrositie's self explosoin
Remove the ability to be permanently MCed on no will, just have the person leave vehicle if they run out of will

If, and that's a big If, they really feel the need to nerf this fight I think the way to go would be the cast time of the explosion. Add and extra .5 or 1 second to it to give people time to react, that is all. Otherwise I see this fight as a great fight.

While I'm usually not a fan of "surprise you are in a vehicle" fights, it's not that bad in this case. Your allies in the fight can break you out quick enough that the Will Power bar in that fight is ignorable till phase 3. At that point the boss should be dying shortly there after.

Remember this is the first week this half of the raid is out. This fight will get easier come week two and beyond. Sure we'll still have people that don't understand the vehicle mechanics or are blowing up the raid while trying to read the buttons, however one knowledgeable raider to explain it will make all the difference.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I can type "push 2 to stop explosion" faster than the cast time, I think it's plenty =/
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
In my honest opinion the mechanics need to stay the same in LFR as they are.

The fact is, i myself like to look at it as a preview to normal mode (of which i am yet to fully clear we are at 4/6)

this instance for a normal mode is also alot tougher than you may expect a normal mode to be.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
This is pitiful. LFR can hardly be considered a raid at this point. It's one long string of trash packs that drop epics. Honestly, how can you expect a fight to be fun when the mechanics can be ignored and the boss zergged down?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]