Top 20 Battlepets pvp battle proven updated

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
Nice trolling
1 Human Rogue
Call me what you want your still a goose.
100 Draenei Shaman
11/18/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Skyelock
Problim- I don't know if you've ever seen the apocalypse description or what it looks like in battle. However the way the spell is described, you wouldn't think only 1 pet was killed. On top of that, meteors fall on EACH pet when it goes off. So how would I know, from just a few meetings, that it doesn't kill each pet? now that i know it only kills one pet, i think its a very bad move. i also apologize for not spelling out u and grammatical errors... I thought this was a forum not my thesis paper for college.

It does say active pets. The pets in not in battle aren't active.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I don't see what's so great about fetish shaman on paper, never faced one.

Oily slimeling has been really good for me, I would put him in the top 10.

Magical crawdad is a good counter to some popular pets (clockwork, anything with dots)
90 Undead Warlock
Sorry I didn't know how apocalypse worked. Sue me
100 Troll Shaman
I'm surprised no one listed Lil Deathwing in the Top 10 Roll+Cata is almost a guaranteed kill even if they heal themselves to full after Roll, and the fact that Cata is on a 1 turn cool down is insane for the amount of damage it does.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
i have updated list i hope everyone triest out my top 10 and also the 3 listed below.

if u wish to add to other pets plz post here as well comment on list.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
right now i testing savory beetle meteor with proto drake whelp and other tank heals.
100 Human Warlock
This thread is amazing.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
11/18/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Skyelock
Sorry I didn't know how apocalypse worked. Sue me

I think it's just the fact that you called something OP without ever having tested it out yourself. If you would have you'd have known it doesn't kill all the pets just the active ones.

There has been so much crying about OP pets by people with little to no experience with them that it gets on people's nerves around here, I think. The truth is there really aren't any super OP pets right now. The more you pvp and the more max level pets you have you'll realize this.
100 Human Warlock
Sesamee got it in one, and is also named after my favourite street :D.
90 Gnome Mage
[quote="71788122201"]
There has been so much crying about OP pets by people with little to no experience with them that it gets on people's nerves around here, I think. The truth is there really aren't any super OP pets right now. The more you pvp and the more max level pets you have you'll realize this.

I agree that there are no super OP pets. There is no one pet which you need to have on your team. There are plenty of very strong pets you can get.

However, there are defintely tiers between various pets. Some pets are just not very good because of subpar movesets. Others have amazing movesets are way better in comparison.

Molten hatchling, for example, can potentially have insane healing. With leech life bonus with webs and cauterize heals huge amounts the harder you got last got hit. Spiders are fast so you can expect to get the heals of first before the opposition can hit you.

Some of the only counters I've noticed for it was mechs (hard counter), huge burst pets (preferably killing them before the hatchling has a chance for huge heal from cauterize) and pets that can cast darkness to drop the spiders healing.

Oh, and another hatcling or shale spider with same build counters the spider by being equally unkillable and a stalemate occurs. Which ends with my victory because I'm too stubborn to forfeit.
90 Undead Warlock
Imagine 3 of these spiders all on a team... Sounds terrible if u don't have a mecha on hand
90 Blood Elf Priest
The easiest way to counter a fast pet with Cauterize is to simply put a dot up. Cauterize and similar functioning spells are actually best on slow pets.
Edited by Jitterbug on 11/18/2012 8:59 PM PST
90 Undead Warlock
However with brittle web your still sacrificing a chunk of your life
100 Blood Elf Hunter
[quote]

I agree that there are no super OP pets. There is no one pet which you need to have on your team. There are plenty of very strong pets you can get.

However, there are defintely tiers between various pets. Some pets are just not very good because of subpar movesets. Others have amazing movesets are way better in comparison.

Molten hatchling, for example, can potentially have insane healing. With leech life bonus with webs and cauterize heals huge amounts the harder you got last got hit. Spiders are fast so you can expect to get the heals of first before the opposition can hit you.

Some of the only counters I've noticed for it was mechs (hard counter), huge burst pets (preferably killing them before the hatchling has a chance for huge heal from cauterize) and pets that can cast darkness to drop the spiders healing.

Oh, and another hatcling or shale spider with same build counters the spider by being equally unkillable and a stalemate occurs. Which ends with my victory because I'm too stubborn to forfeit.

Oh sure, there are definitely really good pets and those that are underwhelming as well as a range in between. And this post made me glad I just got my #5 Molten Hatchling to 25! I can't wait to test her out! Damn thing too me long enough to find!
80 Orc Warrior
a list without Magical Crawdad in the top ten? Loses all credibility.
90 Tauren Druid
11/17/2012 08:54 PMPosted by Skyelock
It kills the whole team... How is that not over powered...

way to have strong opinion on something you never experienced.
100 Worgen Hunter
[quote][quote]

In hate this pet. Extremely hard to kill. As someone mentioned DOTs are the way to beat cauterize, unfotunately I don't run with many DoTs. I prefer the nukes and nuking cauterize doesn't work. And as Skyelock mentioned DoTing while webbed is not a good idea. The past few days I started using a mech as one of my main pets (robo-chick) and haven't had a problem, but it's annoying to have to hard counter something to win. I should get one myself :) Just looked up the breeds, there is a breed 15 available. Scary.

And back on topic I don't use many of the pets you mentioned, with the exception of the flayer and blighthawk. Love both of those.

I used to really dig the fel flame while leveling, but at 25 he doesn't perform as well, both on my team and as an opponent. Block/dodge/reflect conflag and he's got nothing.

I feel quite the opposite about a few that you mentioned. The monk and Lil Rag gave me trouble when I first started playing, but now they aren't hard to beat. Rag dies if you give him a dirty look. Also without conflag he's worthless. The monk is very predictable. Out of these two I'd prefer to face Rag than the monk I guess.

On your second list I really like the Tundra Penguin (same moves as Pengu), although I wouldn't consider him battle proven. I use him on a themed team that does decent for being themed, my otter/penguin/skimmer team. His 20& miss debuff is nice, but I would still consider him middle if the road. Too slow, at least mine is (breed 7).

I just got a rare scourged whelpling so haven't played it too much. Has done well for me so far. Very survivable. I don't like using gnomes at all but just for the hell of it I used one, dropped some turrets then put up plagued blood with my scourged whelpling. Did wonders for the gnomes health. Was pretty fun. I shouldn't give these annoying gnomes any ideas lol.
Edited by Discodoggy on 11/19/2012 12:47 PM PST
90 Undead Warlock
Btw anyone wanting to beat this spider. Use darkness... Problem solved. Also u can switch when u know he's gunna use leech life if he uses brittle web
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]