Is there a Disc-centric Healing Addon?

90 Human Priest
Ok, I used to use Healium, I have started to try moving to Vuhdo. Love Healium, but it doesn't seem to display Grace very well, and I am finally understanding the value of keeping that on the main tank at all times.

But I heal as Disc. I could probably enjoy Holy, but am avoiding it passionately to ensure that I learn disc well. I like the IDEA of disc.

Thing is, all of the healing addons I am finding show you health, and at best INCIDENTALLY show you shielding.

Vuhdo is kinda awesome because it shows a ring to indicate the size of shield, and I can tell if I can fit on more or not. But the icon is 1/3 increments only from what I can tell. And there is an icon for PW:S and another for the Aegis.

So is there an addon out there which will show an "effective health" space beyond the health bar, which is filled or not? With PW:S occasionally proc'ing to ignore Weakened Soul, there are times when I have to decide to refresh the tank's shield, or give someone else an "idiot prevention" freebie for the next time they stand in the bad.

And paying attention to Aegis is pretty new to me. Far as I can tell only when I activate Spirit Shell can I really control pushing people to the full 40% of my health bubble. So topping off their Aegis isn't really going to happen (well, except when I can Inner Fire for an auto-crit of course).

It just feels mildly odd to watch health bars absolutely never move, and have that be the best indication I can get that I am doing things right. For all I know, my PW:S is barely being scratched during some random phase. With a better UI that accounts for the fact I am maintaining "an extra life bar" I could notice better how worthwhile my shields are.
Reply Quote
vuhdo can try and show absorbs, its sill kinda beta and iffy, but, it can also show pw:s as a buff, and weakened soul as a debuff to help manage pw:s.

panels/HoT Icons/Shields for the shields to be shown as an amount.

the only real addon that you need for disc is a rapture ICD tracker for the most part.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Blizz ui when set to raid frames (instead of party frames) is actually pretty nice and it's all I use in combination with mouseover macros. If you're looking for more detail and customization I prefer Grid over Vuhdo and there are a number of "pre-made" Grid layouts that you can install. You'll have to try it for yourself to decide which you prefer. I tried Absynth's layout for Grid1 and found that it was pretty great out of the box with only a few minor adjustments needed to suit my needs.
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info20956-AbsinthesHealerGridLayout.html

Other than healing addons you don't need much. These are optional but nice to have
a) Deadly Boss Mods to track boss cd's and cast times so that you can time pre-shielding/Spirit Shell. You don't need it unless it's your raid's requirement, but it really helps with disc healing since it's all about predicting/perparing for damage.
b) Ingela's Rapture or Weak Auras to track rapture and other procs. I prefer Ingela's Rapture since it requires no set-up, it's light-weight, and all I care to track is rapture.
c) Decursive but only if you have trouble with dispels and want an extra visual/sounds since Grid will display that information.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Skip grid1 and go with grid2. It's slightly more out of the box than grid1 and more on par with vuhdu, healbot and whatever else is out there. Low memory usage, and ability to convert absorbs into text readouts is great so you know when you're about to cap on spirit shell. It's also not limited to text readouts offering both icon and square/bar indicators too.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/grid2

For other healing related addons if you're using ForteXorcist on other characters (or shadow) it's worth noting that it too can be configured to show Rapture's cooldown. Ingela's and Weak Aura's are also very good.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
^ This. Grid2 is fantastic for showing multiple data points on a single frame. Icons > colored boxes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Grid2 does look pretty decent. I'll have to toy with it to see if I can obtain a layout intuitive to me. I would rather use spell/buff images than random icons, and have timer and stack indication. Neither of those show up in any of the preview shots, but they might be available.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
vuhdo can try and show absorbs, its sill kinda beta and iffy, but, it can also show pw:s as a buff, and weakened soul as a debuff to help manage pw:s.

panels/HoT Icons/Shields for the shields to be shown as an amount.

the only real addon that you need for disc is a rapture ICD tracker for the most part.

The only real addon you need for disc is a PoH range check of some kind. You can get by with rapture by just shielding the tanks, but you have no way to know which targets are viable for PoH when the raid is spread without such an addon.

GridStatusPriestAoE is what I use for grid. Vuhdo's built in aoe helper works, but not quite as well because it looks for maximum current potential healing rather than number of targets (important if you are preshielding or just precasting for known incomming damage).
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Personally, hate me i know it lol. I use HB for my healing, the only downfall ive had with it is there is no PoH range tracker mod for it, however it tracks everything else perfectly, Grace, PWS,Weakened soul etc, and you can still PoH track retroactively by the agis procs you see go up on HB
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/18/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Psudo
Personally, hate me i know it lol. I use HB for my healing, the only downfall ive had with it is there is no PoH range tracker mod for it, however it tracks everything else perfectly, Grace, PWS,Weakened soul etc, and you can still PoH track retroactively by the agis procs you see go up on HB

Now you just need time travel powers so your retroactive tracking can actually help you.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
11/18/2012 06:20 PMPosted by Sotanaht
Now you just need time travel powers so your retroactive tracking can actually help you
Personally its not been a major issue, however as i did recognize that failing, if it did have a tracker it would be easier, that in itself doesn't make it impossible you just need to have a great memory of where your healing targets are how many people you hit with your last PoH, etc. It's more work yes, but more effort sometimes means more enjoyment if that's how you like it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It doesn't help you with the first cast. If your first cast isnt on the ideal target for that group, you have to keep guessing till you find it, and then start the process over whenever someone moves.

It's not an issue of more work, it is for all practical purposes impossible to deal with without an addon. You can probably get by and heal "enough" without, but you are missing a LOT of healing in spread fights.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/17/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Kirse
Blizz ui when set to raid frames (instead of party frames) is actually pretty nice and it's all I use in combination with mouseover macros.

This is how I heal and I love it. I started with Healium as the original poster did and moved to this method.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Aegis might be close to what you're after: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/aegis

Only issue is that it takes up a fair bit of screen real estate.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]