Eight years.

Eight years of playing WoW and all I get was a useless buff to help me level an alt just that little bit faster and a letter that was copy-pasted from Cataclysm. It is just disappointing to see how far Blizzard has dropped in terms of quality of service over the years. I was hoping Diablo 3 was just an exception but this "Feat of Strength" really does feel like a slap in the face, and I usually guffaw about people who say those types of things.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
SLAP IN DA FACE!

Though, I don't really care about the gift, I would have preferred if they took a whole 5-10 minutes to write a new letter instead of sending the old one out and hoping no-one would noticed it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't understand why you think you're entitled to something on the 8th anniversary. It's really just a nice bonus.

That being said, I am pretty disappointed with the letter. We've had the same one for three anniversaries in a row; if they're going to bother, they should put some effort into that, at least.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Sure, copy-pasting a Brewfest Mug into a new item then changing the color is a bit difficult, but how hard is it to write a new letter?

No letter would have been better than what we got.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I wonder if the rep gain will stack with the thanks giving day buff. Cause that could be quite neat, I might even go farm goblin reps or something.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I miss the pets :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I got a laugh out of the letter personally, highlights how tragic Blizzard's content pipeline is. If it's not broken don't fix it, hell if it is broken but you can still play it don't fix it.
Reply Quote
14 Orc Hunter
11/18/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Groot
Eight years of playing WoW and all I get was a useless buff to help me level an alt just that little bit faster and a letter that was copy-pasted from Cataclysm. It is just disappointing to see how far Blizzard has dropped in terms of quality of service over the years. I was hoping Diablo 3 was just an exception but this "Feat of Strength" really does feel like a slap in the face, and I usually guffaw about people who say those types of things.

Are you dumb? It's the same thing as last year, and you most likely made a QQ post back then too I bet
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
rofl

Blizzard don't have to give us anything. I think last year was the same actually so why even create a thread.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Subscribers that have been with Blizz on this game for 8 (or even 5-6) years, should deserve, and even expect something better. It's not entitlement, it's just courtesy. A cool non combat pet, a vanity item with a fun "on use" effect. Something...

Yes................and then you would have another Groot creating a thread complaining that they are entitled to a pet just as the person who has been here for 8 years is entitled to one.

Put yourself in Blizzards shoes, they have done exactly what should of been done in my opinion to make people as a whole feel somewhat acknowledged.
Reply Quote
Orchitis I see you still just can't get over me. Never said we were entitled to anything however when you receive an outdated and irrelevant letter that is meant to say thank you for your continued support well that is worse than receiving nothing at all. It actually shows that not one of their staff could be bothered to even write something new. I am disappointed in the lack of both passion and pride Blizzard have demonstrated with this debacle.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
11/18/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Groot
Orchitis I see you still just can't get over me. Never said we were entitled to anything however when you receive an outdated and irrelevant letter that is meant to say thank you for your continued support well that is worse than receiving nothing at all. It actually shows that not one of their staff could be bothered to even write something new. I am disappointed in the lack of both passion and pride Blizzard have demonstrated with this debacle.

Yup and with that being said, you have a choice. No one is making us re-subscribe every month but we do.

We have services that (I dare say) not many other companies have, GMs etc that do a reasonable job considering the amount of people they have to deal with day in day out so I don't see this mail as anything really, just something extra to delete in my inbox. They do enough during the year.

The game has been going on for 8 years so they must be doing something right daily.

11/18/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Groot
Orchitis I see you still just can't get over me.

Have you even seen your moustache? Who can get over that.
Edited by Orchitis on 11/18/2012 9:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Yup and with that being said, you have a choice. No one is making us re-subscribe every month but we do.

This is why we have things like gratitude. You don't necessarily have a social custom that requires us to thank people for things they have to do (like follow the lowest requirements of doing a task). We give the most gratitude to people who fulfill a need that goes beyond what has to be done.
The giving of gratitude tends to make people like us more and think better of us.

What we got with this letter was false gratitude. It was copy pasted and the content was irrelevant. Giving false gratitude (if it's obvious) can be considered worse than giving none at all. It's on the same level of making a card to a friend telling them how they uniquely are really great people, then copying that for a number of friends.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
But the thing I don't understand is why people are so surprised.

The exact thing happened last year.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
But the thing I don't understand is why people are so surprised.

The exact thing happened last year.

Well I guess the surprise is that it's still happening, and the question to be asked is "what's the next step?"

Blizz are in the position to get away with these sorts of things. Playing WoW has created a gap in peoples lives that WoW fills. People have managed to quit and not come back because other things (games or even RL) have managed to clash and take over that gap.
Also with Blizzard having a semi-monopoly in the MMO market, not many will pick up a new MMO.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
im waiting for the day blizz send me some bacon
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
OP and anyone who agrees with him is a spoiled moron
Edited by Swaghammer on 11/18/2012 10:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
14 Orc Hunter
11/18/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Swaghammer
OP and anyone who agrees with him is a spoiled moron
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]