Eight years.

100 Human Paladin

I thought you stopped playing.

Completely irrelevant however the answer is no. I have many characters across many realms including more than one paladin.
Edited by Groot on 11/19/2012 1:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard is a company well into the mature phase of the business life cycle. As you can see now to maximize profits they are trying to attracted lost market share back to the game and reduce the costs of development.

Whilst I do agree it would be standard social etiquette to update the letter to reflect new things each year from the customer point of view (which is what we are), from a business point of view its not a necessity it is more akin to added customer service. Maybe someone at blizzard could take 10 minutes out of their day each year to update this letter or maybe it is as they say, and because they are now a subsidiary told to "make money" they are stricter on budgeting actions. I've seen first hand large and small organizations inevitably go through this trend when the market is tapped and the only way to increase profit (to make it appear the business is still growing to add value to shareholders) is to reduce costs. Even simple things like this add up to the larger picture, and I'd personally prefer if any efforts they made were directed to finally giving warlocks green fire.

Regardless of what they had done, someone would have complained about something. In a sea of 10 million people only raging issues are heard like daily quests.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Just posting to say grats to Groot's parents. When he turns 8, for being loyal I'm sure he's going to give them something awesome, because that's how it's done.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
haha
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Regardless of what they had done, someone would have complained about something. In a sea of 10 million people only raging issues are heard like daily quests.

True enough. I don't agree with people complaining about the item we received, that is unjustified in my book. However the letter is what disappoints me the most. Feels like someone gave me a 19th birthday card for my 21st or something. Even a simple card without specifically stating the age would of been more appropriate. I would be interested though to see just how much money it would cost for an employee to change a line of text in a template letter.

11/19/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Odela
Just posting to say grats to Groot's parents. When he turns 8, for being loyal I'm sure he's going to give them something awesome, because that's how it's done.

Another mouth-breather come to back up his rainbow buddy. He'll never learn if you keep holding his hand.
Reply Quote
14 Orc Hunter
two people had commented before he had on this post disagreeing, and a total of 6, yet you just focus on him

11/18/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Lissadar
I don't understand why you think you're entitled to something on the 8th anniversary. It's really just a nice bonus.

Are you dumb? It's the same thing as last year, and you most likely made a QQ post back then too I bet
Edited by Stables on 11/19/2012 6:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
your lives must truly be pathetic, sad and unfulfilling if your only complaint is blizzard didnt send a longer letter recognizing you on your achievement of logging on during its anniversary week
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/19/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Swaghammer
your lives must truly be pathetic, sad and unfulfilling if your only complaint is blizzard didnt send a longer letter recognizing you on your achievement of logging on during its anniversary week

That desperate for attention are we? Wonder what that says about your life.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
that time i wasnt trolling, i was just stating the obvious
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
If you think anything you have done is considered trolling well then you must be as misguided as you sound.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
http://i.imgur.com/HJGZi.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
11/19/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Swaghammer

I'll put in a word to Potholer54 to get you a Golden Crocoduck nomination next year.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/19/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Druzor
and I'd personally prefer if any efforts they made were directed to finally giving warlocks green fire.

/thread

>It can't be that hard to make it a glyph, you can download a mod that makes all warlock fire green however only you can see it and it's technically against the ToS to use that mod.

So all in all if some guy no one has even heard of can make all warlock fire green, I don't see how hard it could be to change the spell ID to a colour that is green. And don't give me that bull!@#$ about it not existing because I've seen green versions of warlock spells from mobs during TBC. (This guy even went through the effort of making the fire on the fel pony green.)

TL;DR: QFT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
what does religion have to do with anything

11/19/2012 08:53 PMPosted by Eschatonin

I'll put in a word to Potholer54 to get you a Golden Crocoduck nomination next year.

lolwut

i guess you really are from reddit
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
So four pages summed up:
Acknowledge me Blizzard I don't feel special
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
[quote]
I would be interested though to see just how much money it would cost for an employee to change a line of text in a template letter.

The problem is not "an employee changing a line of text in a template letter". The immense amounts of bureaucracy that's involved in sending an official communication out to millions of customers is astonishing. The employee changing a line of text would've been subject to the line being cleared by his supervisors, and their supervisors, and then it comes back down from the top saying that it's not the right attitude that Blizzard wants to portray, and you need to change it, etc.

Source: I work in government.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Sure hope my lady friend doesn't mind receiving the exact same gift I gave her last year for our anniversary.
I'm not obliged to give her anything though, but I thought I'd be a nice guy and give her something anyway. She'd better shower me with praise even though I'm a lazy !@#.
Edited by Daigoth on 11/20/2012 1:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
are you comparing games to your non-existent relationship with women?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
How is it you've come to know me personally Swaghammer?

Ugh....Swaghammer. Kids need a floggin.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]