Next Christie Golden book, after 'Jaina'

85 Tauren Paladin
Anyone for a guess at Christie's next book? Her stories are going from strentgh to strength, so I'm personally anticipating her next installment :)
Reply Quote
Thrall will feature in some way, whether as a main character like in Twilight of Aspects, supporting like in Tides of War, or minor like in Rise of the Lich King.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Yes, definately Thrall, but seeing he wont be the main antagonist it will be interesting, given how the the seige of Orgrimmar is going to play out.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I thought the next one was going to be about Vol'Jin.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/18/2012 08:18 PMPosted by Cassima
I thought the next one was going to be about Vol'Jin.

That's going to be by a different writer.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Oh.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
To be honest, I'd like to see a novel about the Forsaken, or more specifically, whats going on in Lorderaon, there's so much lore there and it's gotten virtually no coverage book wise.

There's the Argent crusade, Ebon Blade and Gilneas, all of which are completely in limbo lore wise, Not to mention the Kor'kon in Undercity, and personally I think Christie Golden would probably do this area the most justice
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
World of Warcraft: Uncle Gao: The Brewing
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Also, I think Garrosh deserves a Novel by now
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
11/18/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Gornur
Thrall will feature in some way, whether as a main character like in Twilight of Aspects, supporting like in Tides of War, or minor like in Rise of the Lich King.

Malfurion has been in more WOW books than Thrall, and Varian was prominent in "Stormrage" while Thrall wasn't in it.

So it's theoretically possible Thrall won't be in it...just very unlikely.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
We need a book about the Council of Three Hammers. Maybe they can come up with a non-contrived way of waking up Magni, but I very much doubt it.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
11/20/2012 01:29 AMPosted by Threeslotbag
Malfurion has been in more WOW books than Thrall, and Varian was prominent in "Stormrage" while Thrall wasn't in it.

he was, there was a scene set in Orgrimmar where it shows Thrall sleeping and is suffering from the Nightmare. His advisors stand around and talk about how terrible it all is.

It's interesting, three new novels, and Golden is writing none of them.

And Thrall is in more novels than Malfurion. Thrall is in: Lord of the Clans, War of the Ancients: The Sundering, Rise of the Horde, Of Blood and Honor, Cycles of Hatred, Arthas: Rise of the Lich King, Stormrage, the Shattering, Thrall:Twilight of the Aspects, Jaina: Tides of War. 10 all up.

Malfurion is in: War of the Ancients I, II, III. Stormrage, Wolfheart and I think that's it. that's 5 all up.
Edited by Ximothy on 11/20/2012 3:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Thrall, Jaina, and now Vol'jinn. Assuming the next after will be an Alliance char, so I'm thinking either Varian or Anduin, possibly Tyrande.

Someone they intend to give a lot of story to in the future or already are giving them lots of story.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
Thrall, Jaina, and now Vol'jinn. Assuming the next after will be an Alliance char, so I'm thinking either Varian or Anduin, possibly Tyrande.

The Draenei are apparently getting a spot light next Expansion, so maybe Velen.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Perhaps.

They are very, very, very due for some story spotlight.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 11:58 PMPosted by Mephelis

You know, I bet that'd be interesting

Also very confusing. One moment he'd be all RAWR MOAR TOY BOATS and the next he'll be explaining to us how we should be honorable and not consort with demons or Old Gods because he wants to be a good leader for his people
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/20/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Spellestra

You know, I bet that'd be interesting

Also very confusing. One moment he'd be all RAWR MOAR TOY BOATS and the next he'll be explaining to us how we should be honorable and not consort with demons or Old Gods because he wants to be a good leader for his people

The novel will be about "BLOOD BLOOD ALLIANCE BLOOD." The end.

(Satire folks)
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 11:58 PMPosted by Mephelis

From the trivia section of http://www.wowpedia.org/Garrosh_Hellscream

According Chris Metzen, Garrosh won´t have his own book, because it would only contain: "KILL KILL KILL".

So it's theoretically possible Thrall won't be in it...just very unlikely.

Except this forum wasn't about the Warcraft novels in general. It was asking about Christie Golden's next WoW novel and from what I've seen every WoW book written by her has Thrall in it in some way.
Edited by Gornur on 11/20/2012 11:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
Garrosh got a lot of face time in Tides. And it was pretty much all "MOAR TOY BOATS."
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I would like a Velen book, containing some past memories of worlds he visited, tragedies he has witnessed. It could play on his regrets on not doing alot more to save people from the Burning Legion while he was trying to save his own people or show how he DID try to save some other sentient races but they refused or something.

It would be a good opener to next expansion, if its Burning Legion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]