Raiding Ladder System

100 Night Elf Druid
I have an idea for an official blizzard raid ladder that I would very much like to see implemented.

The system I had in mind was one where guilds could opt in at the start of tiers as a "casual" "semi-casual" "semi-hardcore" or "hardcore" guild. A "casual" guild could raid up to 8 hours a week. A "semi-casual" could raid up to 12 hours; "semi-hardcore" 16 hours; and "hardcore" could raid unlimited hours each week. Then whenever the guild enters a normal or heroic difficulty raid of the current tier, blizzard tracks the hours and minutes and will lock out the guild from the raid for the rest of the week when they reach the limit imposed on their guild classification.

Then, either provide a site for guild rankings or an API feature that would allow sites like wowprogress or wow-heroes to track the rankings of guilds by their classification.

Throughout a tier a guild could opt to go from a more strict to a less strict classification (such as from casual to semi-casual) if they wanted to raid more hours but not the other direction. Players that raided in a ladder guild could only move between two guilds of the same classification or move to a less strict one (casual guild to semi-casual is OK but to go from hardcore to semi-hardcore is not)

Lastly, I would like to see a realm first achievement for each type of raiding classification. Would be cool to see who is the realm's best casual guild and the best semi-casual, etc.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Imagine how much more time you'd spend outside the dungeon strategizing, rather than inside, and afk breaks, etc would all be impossible, not to mention a guild would be ranked lower and get 0 recruits because someone DC'd and the guild lost 5 minutes.

11/18/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Physcx
Players that raided in a ladder guild could only move between two guilds of the same classification or move to a less strict one (casual guild to semi-casual is OK but to go from hardcore to semi-hardcore is not)

Artificial exclusivity is terrible, it's already hard enough to recruit, even when the pool is "good".
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
well the whole point is that you would opt into the ladder - it isn't for everyone just guilds that are into that competitive sort of thing
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/18/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Physcx
The system I had in mind was one where guilds could opt in at the start of tiers as a "casual" "semi-casual" "semi-hardcore" or "hardcore" guild. A "casual" guild could raid up to 8 hours a week. A "semi-casual" could raid up to 12 hours; "semi-hardcore" 16 hours; and "hardcore" could raid unlimited hours each week. Then whenever the guild enters a normal or heroic difficulty raid of the current tier, blizzard tracks the hours and minutes and will lock out the guild from the raid for the rest of the week when they reach the limit imposed on their guild classification.

The winners of non-hardcore brackets will be alts of winners of the hardcore bracket...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Example of "learn on another character mentality" already happening in wow - Algalon

Number of fights that had an Algalon timer since Algalon: 0
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Example of "learn on another character mentality" already happening in wow - Algalon

Number of fights that had an Algalon timer since Algalon: 0

Pretty much. I doubt this system would have much participation (well, everyone might enroll in "hardcore" since it has no restrictions) since people won't want to arbitrarily limit their playtime, but yea the proper way to approach this would be to practice the raid on a different set of characters before logging onto the people participating in the ladder.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]