Elder Charms Question...

90 Orc Hunter
This is just a quick question I was wondering about and couldn't seem to find an answer to. Here is my situation. I completely clear MV on LFR in an attempt to get the bow off the last boss. I don't win loot off the last boss and I just get gold again from using my charm roll. I then queue again for LFR and kill the last boss again. I get the message about "You are ineligible to receive this loot Dreadeye Gaze because you have already killed this boss this week" (I am paraphrasing of course). I am also prompted to roll again using one of my charms. I win loot on the roll and it was Dreadeye Gaze. My question is this.... When I use my charm again in this situation am I rolling for the item that dropped and I was ineligible for or do I have a chance to get anything off the bosses loot table that fits my spec?

Might be a dumb question.... Oh well. Thanks :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Interesting. The way I understood it after the first time you ran LFR you became ineligible to receive loot both via coins and via natural boss drops (though it still asked if you wanted to use a coin, thus wasting it). Apparently this is not the case.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Nope, guess not :/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Bump for someone who has seen an item in the "not eligible" window, then used an elder coin and gotten a different item :)
Edited by Trumbles on 11/19/2012 12:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Also can I receive loot off of a boss more than once a week? Like since I won that helm can I run again and get loot off the last boss with coins? Any answers would be awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/19/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Trumbles
Bump for someone who has seen an item in the "not eligible" window, then used an elder coin and gotten a different item :)

This isn't really such a strange thing, since they are 2 separate rolls.

There's only 1 tanking item off Will, it's a tanking chest (the one i'm wearing), when i won it i won it using my roll, even though it dropped as well.

Now, If i had done the LFR version the "boss drop loot" and the "Barfus's bonus loot" are 2 totally separate rolls, so it is totally possible for them to spit out the same thing
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It works like this...

-You run a raid (LFR, Normal, Heroic, World Boss) for the first time and you have a chance at loot. You may coin for an additional chance if you do not get anything. You CANNOT coin on a boss if you DO get something to try to get more.
-You run a raid for the second/third/whatever time and you are NOT eligible for loot. However, you CAN coin for a chance even though you have done the boss already.

So coins basically ignore lockouts. Hope that helps.
Edited by Irial on 11/19/2012 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
71 Draenei Priest
The regular loot roll and the elder charm loot roll are independent of each other. You could have just as easily obtained the bow on your charm roll but coincidentally got the helm again. And yes, you can use as many charm loot rolls as you want per week in LFR i.e. if you have 5 elder charms, you could run LFR 5 times and use the bonus roll on the last boss all 5 times to try and get the bow. Just realize that the bonus loot roll doesn't check to see if you have the item or not, so you could get simply get 5 more mail helms.
Reply Quote
71 Draenei Priest
It works like this...

-You run a raid (LFR, Normal, Heroic, World Boss) for the first time and you have a chance at loot. You may coin for an additional chance if you do not get anything. You CANNOT coin on a boss if you DO get something to try to get more.

Absolutely wrong and you should stop spreading misinformation. Just last Friday i got a piece of loot of an LFR boss and used a coin for a chance to get another piece of loot and did. It would make absolutely no sense to not allow someone an extra piece of loot simply because they already won a piece since you are capped by the number of charms you have anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Great info guys. Thank you very much.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It works like this...

Yes you can.

No, you cannot in LFR or world bosses which is the only two cases this applies to. Obviously normal, and heroic mode do not have the same loot distribution. I've done them a million times. I'm certain. Also, get off your high horse. I'm trying to help not "spread misinfo" lfr hero.

Ive received loot on Galleon, and was NOT able to roll again.
Edited by Irial on 11/19/2012 1:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If thats the case then it applies to LFR only. I am 1000000% sure it does not work on world bosses as like I said before it did not work on Galleon nor Sha. That being said, my apologies as I'd never waste a coin on LFR loot.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
11/19/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Irial
If thats the case then it applies to LFR only. I am 1000000% sure it does not work on world bosses as like I said before it did not work on Galleon nor Sha. That being said, my apologies as I'd never waste a coin on LFR loot.

It works on world bosses. One time our mage got pants off sha, used a coin and got more pants. We also had a warrior get gloves and roll a PvP piece.
Edited by Ninjablaze on 11/19/2012 1:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
How would it be rare? I receive loot, have coins available and not able to roll additionally. I'm NOT saying that I was able to roll and just didnt get loot. I am saying there is NO roll option.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
one of our mages this week obtained belt, ring and neck off Galleon. he killed Galleon twice, won a belt, used a coin and got the neck. killed him a 2nd time this week and got a ring.

all I can say is lucky punk. >.<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
/shurg

Its entirely possible its just Galleon. Or hell, even bugged out if others have it working for them. I just asked the guild and they confirmed that they were not able to roll additionally on Galleon.
Edited by Irial on 11/19/2012 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]