Is this botting?

90 Night Elf Druid
I was just in a dungeon with a healer who had another character following her on /autofollow. When I asked if we should vote kick the player out, the healer protested. She claimed the character following her was in fact her other account she had set up with RAF and she was leveling it.

Is it within the limits of the ToS to join a dungeon with your own alt on auto-follow? It's similar to multi-boxing only the additional character doesn't do anything.

Should I just ignore this behaviour?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not similar to multiboxing - it is multiboxing, just the following account isn't doing anything.

No, it's not reportable.

Multiboxing is fine.

Personally, I would have either kicked the following character or left, depending on the dungeon. Some of the classic dungeons are long enough without everyone pulling their weight.
Reply Quote
6 Gnome Rogue
It's definitely not botting as there is no out-of-game automation of any kind occurring.

Don't let that stop you from trying to kick them though, non-participation is always a good reason to try to remove someone from group imo.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Death Knight
It's not botting. These kind of situations are player governed; if you don't like it, feel free to initiate a Vote Kick. If you lose the healer along with it, then so be it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
not reportable, not botting. you can try and kick them if you want, but I've seen it before and usually don't *shrug*
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks all for your responses.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]