Glyph of Purge

34 Night Elf Priest
Anyone else thinks this needs a second looking at? At least for resto?

Dispelling two buffs is very strong against classes that rely on magic. Priests in particular are very weak to double purge.

I saw an idea about the glyph in a different thread:
- Purge now dispels one additional effect, but its cooldown is increased by 3-8 seconds
or how about
- Doesn't work against players (Only useable in PvE)

I don't think I have seen a single shaman that doesn't use glyph of purge... :S

Would that be acceptable? Or give all offensive dispels an 8 second cooldown. That would give shaman an edge with offensive dispels, but they wouldn't be as crazy as they are now.
Edited by Lureilyia on 11/19/2012 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
The glyph shouldn't exist, period.
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
Maybe it should be changed similar to how gag order was changed?
Reply Quote
It should be enhancement and elemental only.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
It should just double the mana cost of purge imo.

Or triple it idk.
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
It should just double the mana cost of purge imo.

Or triple it idk.

Changes based on mana cost aren't very effective. The only class that is penalized by increases in mana cost is usually priests.

Shaman can still heal with next to no mana as seen in the tournament this weekend...

Another example is the change to spellsteal in the patch notes... mages don't need mana for much of anything except spellsteal. And they have incanter's ward...

Didn't they nerf spellsteal by increasing its cost last expansion? Yeah...didn't change much. As gear got better the nerf disappeared.

11/19/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Okay

Its too potent on a resto sham. Being offensive/offensive dispelling was one of the priest trademarks..and now shaman took that title.
Edited by Lureilyia on 11/19/2012 4:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/19/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Okay

No it shouldn't. Purging 2 buff is too strong no matter how gimped your spec is. nobody will deny enh/ele could use some help in the utility/damage department but glyph of purge need to go
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
That is also the biggest reason why they changed the way mana pools are.

Rather then mana increasing as time goes on its normalized making high mana cost abilities effect everyone evenly throughout the expansion.

True though an increase in mana cost obviously isn't going to hurt too much unless they change mana to actually matter to these classes.

Understandable, however..the only class that has to worry about mana is priests. The rest of them have insane regen. :\
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Double the cost of purge, at the same time try to make mana mean something for all healers
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/19/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Timmÿ
Double the cost of purge, at the same time try to make mana mean something for all healers

All healers? have you seen disc? they're oom after 3 flash heal.

The glyph need to add a cooldown to purge, not increase the mana cost. the cost is already a joke and resto shaman swim in mana. they cannot increase all spell's mana cost across the board because (while i myself don't give a flying !@#$) it would greatly affect PvE and fight's balance
Edited by Lovelykitty on 11/19/2012 4:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
11/19/2012 04:37 PMPosted by Lovelykitty

No it shouldn't. Purging 2 buff is too strong no matter how gimped your spec is. nobody will deny enh/ele could use some help in the utility/damage department but glyph of purge need to go

agreed, a broken mechanic is a broken mechanic whether it's on a weak spec or a strong one.

this glyph in particular is like a kick in the face for discipline priests. The healer with infinitely more mana, infinitely more survivability, infinitely more cooldowns and infinitely more CC avoidance also happens to be twice as effective at offensive dispels, which disc has always been especially susceptible to. lol
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
I assume shaman are silent because they know its overpowered?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I like it.

Nah it's pretty lame, but I don't see it getting removed anytime soon.
And it's not like it's cheap. Spam it too much and you'll be OOM before you know it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/19/2012 06:25 PMPosted by Lureilyia
I assume shaman are silent because they know its overpowered?

Right now shaman have bigger fish to fry. Namely the totem nerf.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
Nerf Mass Dispel (remove the "remove all harmful magic") and Spellsteal and then knock purge down to 1.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
11/19/2012 04:22 PMPosted by Ayani
The glyph shouldn't exist, period.
^^This
Rather then mana increasing as time goes on its normalized making high mana cost abilities effect everyone evenly throughout the expansion.

True though an increase in mana cost obviously isn't going to hurt too much unless they change mana to actually matter to these classes.
It has yet to be seen what effect if any it will have on mages. The cost is considerably higher than it was in when it was raised in Cata. But to add to this, being low on mana or pushing oom may not completely stop a shaman from ever healing, but it does slow down the heals. They do need to start being more conservative. Theres a reason why you saw the pro healers drinking whenever they could in the tourney. Having the penalty for going oom, be you're out of the fight game over would be outrageous and completely unfair to all mana users. There should be a penalty, but not that bad of one. I think forcing a healer to be more conservative with his/her heals and having to use cheap low throughput heals and not being able to continually keep their teammates topped off is penalty enough.
Edited by Esmee on 11/19/2012 7:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I never played my rshaman much, but in Cata if you spammed purge you would oom. Not sure if still the same but couldn't just spam it nonstop.

However, it still needs to go because it is dumb for enhancement. Get my shield off every time. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]