Back from a long break.

Well I used to play WoW about 2 years ago, and that was only for 2 months. I got to 85 and then quit some time after.

So I am back again and I am a Human Paladin Tank. I have been doing well I think when I am tanking, but I feel I am not doing my best.

I wanted to know if anyone has a good rotation for a level 45 Paladin Tank?

This is what I do:

Avenger's Shield>Hammer of Righteousness>Consecration>Crusader's Strike>Judgement>Holy Wrath

And I use Hammer of Justice, Hammer of Wrath, and Shield of Righteousness as needed.

I use Seal of Righteousness, Righteous Furry, and Blessing of Kings.

Is there anything I am doing wrong or something I can improve on?
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Warrior
Use Seal of Insight. Seals of Righteousness and Truth deal little to no damage/threat. Your blessing should most often be Blessing of Might, unless there's no Druid nor Monk around.

Other than that, Paladins do not operate on a rotation. Your only goal is to generate holy power to use Shield of the Righteous. Word of Glory is extremely situational. Preference should be:

Judgment > Crusader's Strike > Avenger's Shield w/Grand Crusader proc. Fill the rest of the time as you see fit. Remember that ShoR is off the normal GCD and the buff it creates stacks in duration, so feel free to use it twice in a row and always use it while maintaining your regular attacks. For AoE, use Hammer of Righteousness rather than Crusader's Strike. These two abilities share a cooldown.

Keep Sacred Shield up. You should also get Glyph of the Battle Healer, as it makes random dungeons even easier.
Edited by Claudius on 11/17/2012 2:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/17/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Claudius
Your blessing should most often be Blessing of Might, unless there's no Druid nor Monk around.

I think you mean use Blessing of Kings unless there is a Druid or Monk in the party, since MOTW=Kings. Shammies provide the equivalent of Might.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
This guy is also level 46 and won't have Blessing of Might for another 40ish levels.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Warrior
11/17/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Mnemonic
This guy is also level 46 and won't have Blessing of Might for another 40ish levels.

Damn, they give it out at a really high level now. Makes sense, of course.
Edited by Claudius on 11/17/2012 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/17/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Claudius
For AoE, use Hammer of Righteousness rather than Crusader's Strike. These two abilities share a cooldown.

On anything worth a damn he should also toss out a HoR once in a while to Weakened Blows them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/17/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Claudius
Damn, they give it out at a really high level now. Makes sense, of course.

Might used to provide attack power/mana, so it was more helpful at low levels. Now it gives Mastery, which doesn't kick in until 80, so no reason to make it available until then.
Reply Quote
Thanks for all the advice guys!

Also, might I ask I heard that once you hit level 60 you should use the PvP gear that you can earn with Honor Points and that it will be something of the best you can get at that level. Is this true?
Reply Quote
No one? D:
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
It's kinda true, but take it on a piece by piece basis. Look at the gear, if it's better than what you're using, sure, go for it.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]