Names

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Hunter
Ok...believe me when I say that I already know that this is going to cause me no end of grief. But I'm Ok with that because I'm just about tired of the rampant stupid on Silver Hand.

Names.

I know for some of us, coming up with a "good" fantasy type name for our characters can be difficult. I get that, I really do.

And I know that World of Warcraft is rated T for Teen. Ok, no problem.

But come on, REALLY? When did it become acceptable to have characters with names like Blowjjob, Kotexsnugfit, Memberfdic, and Shamwowzz, just to name a few. Blowjjob? Kotexsnugfit? SERIOUSLY? You morons do realize that despite the rating, kids do play this game right? What makes you think that names like that are OK? Oh right, the fact that Blizzard does next to nothing about them.

Now before you start flaming me, allow me to remind you of the rules for playing on a RP realm.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/roleplaying-policy

the main part being:

Naming

Non-Medieval/Fantasy Character Names
This category includes any Non-Medieval or Non-Fantasy names (i.e. Slipnslide, Robotman, Technotron).
If a player is found to have such a name, he/she may:

Be assigned a randomly generated name
Be given the appropriate additional penalty if the name violates standard naming rules.

Real World Referencing Names
This category includes both clear and masked names which are references to very well known people, characters, places, or icons (i.e. Britneyspears, Austinpowers, Mcdonalds, Georgewashington, Newyork)
If a player is found to have such a name, he/she may:

Be given the appropriate additional penalty if the name violates standard naming rules.

Partial or Complete Sentence Names
This category includes names which consist of multiple (generally more than 2) words strung together to create partial or complete sentences (i.e. Inyourface, Welovebeef, Howareyou)
If a player is found to have such a name, that player may:

If you're stuck for a name when creating a character, use the Randomize button, that's what it's there for.

There ya go, flame away.
90 Tauren Paladin
11/17/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Dharion
You morons do realize that despite the rating, kids do play this game right?

Name calling is also against the rules. Yet you sit here and do it, and then tell people to follow the rules
90 Night Elf Hunter
Truth hurt cupcake?
63 Tauren Death Knight
11/17/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Dharion
Truth hurt cupcake?

do you even fashion
90 Night Elf Hunter
??
42 Undead Monk
what kind of person would break the naming regulations?

i can't believe someone would be so insensitive
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/17/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Thermadin
You morons do realize that despite the rating, kids do play this game right?

Name calling is also against the rules. Yet you sit here and do it, and then tell people to follow the rules

It was used for emphasis, because clearly anyone who uses a name like the examples I gave, or say.....Thermadin, either doesn't get the rules, doesn't think the rules apply to them or just doesn't care.
90 Orc Warlock
Rachel, marry me.
86 Dwarf Shaman
11/17/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Dharion
It was used for emphasis, because clearly anyone who uses a name like the examples I gave, or say.....Thermadin, either doesn't get the rules, doesn't think the rules apply to them or just doesn't care.

Still broke the rules and called someone a name. aka harassment

You must think the rules don't apply to you then too
90 Night Elf Hunter
Ahh but I do. And if the powers that be choose to punish me for that, so be it.

Rules are for everyone. One infraction is not quite the same as a continuous one. You apparently don't get that.
90 Undead Mage
So, what you're trying to tell me here, is that people didn't have perspiration problems in the middle ages?
90 Orc Warlock
11/17/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Dharion
You apparently don't get that.
90 Night Elf Hunter
Just the kind of responses I was expecting...
90 Tauren Warrior
Look, Ma', I'm roleplay.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
amidoinitrite?
85 Worgen Warlock
11/18/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Watermlondra
Look, Ma', I'm roleplay.

Girl, you lookin' fine.
86 Human Paladin
I hate people that have what class they are as part of their name.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]