Raiding for Newbies

100 Human Paladin
Raiding for Newbies:
  • -Consists of a 10 man raiding group.
  • -Easier than or just as difficult as regular 10 man raids.
  • -Everyone gets to practice their dps, tanking, healing.
  • -There are no rewards (gold, rep, items, etc.)
  • -If there is a wipe or death, no durability penalty is given.
  • With these components, experienced and inexperienced raiders can practice with guildmates or just any 10 people from realm/real-ID. I know the LFR is supposed to help, but sometimes guild practice is all that is needed.

Now, I am in no way begging for this, but as an inexperienced raid leader or raider, I have always thought some sort of practice would be good. Sort of like War-games don't reward anything (unless you wager), but are often used for practice.

Edit: Feel free to contribute to the thread :p. I submitted this via the in-game suggestion box, but I'm not holding my breath for it.
    Edited by Zadir on 11/18/2012 4:49 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    Ice cream and popcorn should also be provided.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Death Knight
    11/18/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Zadir
    Ice cream and popcorn should also be provided.

Tell people there will be punch and pie. More people will come if they think there will be punch and pie.

And I think this is a great idea for anyone interested in raiding and can't find a spot in a guild group. Just be ready for it because normal raids are a lot more difficult than LFR raids. But they're also a lot of fun. Good luck! :)
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    Oh no Im not starting a group lol, Im saying another raiding mode like LFR but 10 man which consists of the components I mentioned
    Reply Quote
    100 Blood Elf Death Knight
    Why are you posting this on the realm forums.

There's a dedicated Dungeon and Raid one that-a-way--> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011645/
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Paladin
    I was heading there, I just wanted to know if others had also thought about this or had stuff to add :p, thnx for the redirect.
    Reply Quote
    100 Undead Warrior
    I like it.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Death Knight
    I get it now. I probably should have edited my last post instead of outright deleting it, but oh well. :)

Now you'll never know what it said! And you shall all be tormented with the mystery that is my post!

Muhahahah!
    Reply Quote
    This is an interesting idea. Go ahead and suggest it and see where it goes. If nothing else, it might give someone something to think about.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Warrior
    I would say convert all trivial raids (I.E. Vanilla up until wrath) into these "Learning" raids if the goal is to teach how to properly conduct oneself in a raid situation. That's just me though.
    Reply Quote
    100 Gnome Priest
    11/18/2012 04:47 PMPosted by Zadir
    but I'm not holding my breath for it.

Yea, don't.

I've been suggesting strike-through text for the forums for over two years and they tell me they've got more important things to do than implement something a single developer can do over a lunch break.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Shaman
    Raiding for Newbies:
  • -Consists of a 10 man raiding group.
  • -Easier than or just as difficult as regular 10 man raids.
  • -Everyone gets to practice their dps, tanking, healing.
  • -There are no rewards (gold, rep, items, etc.)
  • -If there is a wipe or death, no durability penalty is given.
  • With these components, experienced and inexperienced raiders can practice with guildmates or just any 10 people from realm/real-ID. I know the LFR is supposed to help, but sometimes guild practice is all that is needed.

Now, I am in no way begging for this, but as an inexperienced raid leader or raider, I have always thought some sort of practice would be good. Sort of like War-games don't reward anything (unless you wager), but are often used for practice.

Edit: Feel free to contribute to the thread :p. I submitted this via the in-game suggestion box, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

I dunno man, honestly i never felt that the durability damage penalty was that bad. If you have a full 10 people who actually want practice (instead of wanting to clear as much as possible, which is what most who arent interested in practice want)...
    then why does the durability penalty stop you?
    I think you guys should just go in and get that practice right now! :D
    After all, if the practice pays off and you kill the boss then you DO get rewards of gold and gear. ;-)
    Edited by Goblite on 12/2/2012 10:46 AM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]