Remember the roll bonus? Add to heroics plz

90 Dwarf Shaman
The roll bonus in the old version of LFR was a wonderful idea! It prevented off-spec players from taking loot from players that need gear for there mainspec and are participating in their main spec. Unfortunately, this system was never extended to dungeons or heroic dungeons.

Levels 15-80 aren't such a huge deal, those levels fly by so fast that the gear is replaced by the next quest, however after level 80 dungeons come paired with an item level requirement. Due to this, many players feel it necessary to roll 'need' on gear that isn't for the spec they are currently using, when the person who IS in the spec that needs it, for whatever reason, is pretty much wronged when they lose that piece to someone who obviously doesn't want to fill that role.

Please implement role based roll bonuses on dungeons 80+, or at the very very least heroic dungeons for level 90. It's incredibly frustrating spending endless amounts of time gearing for a role the player is apparently willing to use, yet has to spend even more time fighting with other players in the group that evidently aren't willing to take the time to fill that role in the group.

In my opinion and that of many players, if you want gear for a certain role, then fill that role. I personally don't have a problem with people getting gear for a role they aren't filling, only if the person who IS filling that role doesn't need the gear first. There really needs to be a priority system and I believe the role based roll bonus system is the most effective at ensuring those who truely need the upgrades, get the upgrades. Will there be people who will abuse their roll bonus? Of course, but it will absolutely ensure that those who are willing to fill that role get the upgrades they need, above those who aren't willing to fill that role, and will severly cut down on people able to steal gear simply for item level upgrades, when they will never use that spec.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
For instance, a monk or druid healer wouldn't be able to steal tanking or dps gear from those classes. Things with mana or spirit procs should definitely be healer only, but with a spirit base is understandably a dps main spec as well. (like +850 intel, with a chance on cast to increase spirit would definitely be healer only, but +850 spirit with and intel proc would obviously be both... even though I don't agree with spirit being converted to hit mainly for this reason. It's confusing.) DPS plate wearers wouldn't be able to steal the tank's gear, and visa versa considering a dps role has such long queues. Healer's wouldn't be able to steal a mage's or worlock's hit gear simply for the item level or intel upgrades, considering those classes have no option to up their queue time other than hire a tank or healer.

All around better and saves EVERYONE precious time on this earth. Some people have 2 jobs and like to play wow too you know.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Blizzard appears to be ok with heroic dungeons being places to gear up an offspec.
Reply Quote
95 Dwarf Death Knight
I'd be ok with this, as long as I got DPS role bonus when I tank, since DPS is my main spec, but I'm helping the que.

All around better and saves EVERYONE precious time on this earth. Some people have 2 jobs and like to play wow too you know.

You're not supposed to post the biggest joke that we make fun of people for saying as part of your argument, it makes it too obvious.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
For instance, a monk or druid healer wouldn't be able to steal tanking or dps gear from those classes. Things with mana or spirit procs should definitely be healer only, but with a spirit base is understandably a dps main spec as well. (like +850 intel, with a chance on cast to increase spirit would definitely be healer only, but +850 spirit with and intel proc would obviously be both... even though I don't agree with spirit being converted to hit mainly for this reason. It's confusing.) DPS plate wearers wouldn't be able to steal the tank's gear, and visa versa considering a dps role has such long queues. Healer's wouldn't be able to steal a mage's or worlock's hit gear simply for the item level or intel upgrades, considering those classes have no option to up their queue time other than hire a tank or healer.

You mean you don't have a kid, and dogs and other things too..

Maybe if you can't spend the the time in the game you shouldn't play it, because frankly.. gear isn't useful with the person logged off.
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
Role*.
Reply Quote
Blizzard is allright with you do whatever you can to win the roll, including having other people roll and trade.

I get the feeling they dont like but dont know what to do about it, that doesnt create more problems
Reply Quote
95 Dwarf Death Knight
Blizzard is allright with you do whatever you can to win the roll, including having other people roll and trade.

I get the feeling they dont like but dont know what to do about it, that doesnt create more problems

"In a recent patch, Blizzard removed friends from WoW, in order to balance the game for some players"
Reply Quote
If they made the loot bonus based off of armor quality than sure but if they make it spec specific absolutely not.

I work my !@# off when I queue heroics chain pulling, topping healing and damage done by significant margins so if I want to grab an item for my holy offspec or dps items which are upgrades for my tank gear/ret gear than I damn well should be able to. There's nothing that makes the dps or healers more deserving of that loot than me so there's no reason they should freely get it every time they decide they want to press need whether they do or not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/18/2012 11:44 PMPosted by Martymcfly
There's nothing that makes the dps or healers more deserving of that loot than me

The argument is that they are more deserving of the gear since they were playing that role in the dungeon run.

Be fine with me if a +50 or +100 roll bonus for current role went live, in fact it was something they (Blizz) talked about maybe putting into random dungeons when the roll + rules went into effect in LFR and something I was looking forward to seeing in MoP.
Reply Quote
98 Pandaren Monk
11/19/2012 03:34 AMPosted by Carathen
Be fine with me if a +50 or +100 roll bonus for current role went live, in fact it was something they (Blizz) talked about maybe putting into random dungeons when the roll + rules went into effect in LFR and something I was looking forward to seeing in MoP.

You like getting no loot for your second spec .. you like longer and longer and longer DPS queues as every tank and healer gears up extremely quickly ? You like forcing tanks with healer second spec to queue as healer for a chance at gear while still in their tank gear (you can substitute around tank, healer and DPS in that sentence).
Edited by Somaliu on 11/19/2012 4:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Vox
It doesn't take that long to gear a main and off-spec in heroics as it is.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/19/2012 05:07 AMPosted by Bhamboo
It doesn't take that long to gear a main and off-spec in heroics as it is.

People get butthurt when they lose rolls on loot. I thought that would have been obvious by now. When another player happens to win in a roll against them, that becomes "stealing" or "ninja looting," so that they can define it as something unfair and demand Blizzard change it, instead of what it really is - sharing, with possibly a dose of bad luck depending on how long they've been wanting that particular drop.

The OP's suggestion falls apart because it will make queues longer. Much longer. It could work if players could set their desired spec to gear up and their current roll separately, so tanks and healers would not be driven to the DPS queues, but that wouldn't get players automatic wins on loot, so it wouldn't help with the crying.

There is probably no solution that will not completely break the system it is trying to fix.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
ofcourse this is on a toon with completely spirit gear, as a dps spec. why wouldn't it be?
Reply Quote
98 Pandaren Monk
11/19/2012 05:54 AMPosted by Nixilaas
ofcourse this is on a toon with completely spirit gear, as a dps spec. why wouldn't it be?

spirit = hit for elemental shamans you know that right ?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/19/2012 04:08 AMPosted by Somaliu
You like getting no loot for your second spec

I've fully geared my ret OS every tier since LFD came out while passing on upgrades for people's MS simply because I'd always used MS>OS rules in trade chat groups before LFD.

The OP's suggestion falls apart because it will make queues longer. Much longer.

I often see queue times brought up as an argument against changing the dungeon loot rules. But I'm not convinced. For one thing if there are tanks who stops queing or queues as dps to get dps gear there will be dps who will want tank gear. On top of that most people in heroic dungeons are not there for the gear, they are there for the easy VP and tanking would still remain the easiest and fastest way to get through dungeons. And if it did begin to affect queue times the tank bag would pop more and in the end I doubt queue times would change much if at all.

Although LFD loot rules really make little to no difference to me. Both because I'm a pally tank and the current loot system is to my advantage and because I don't expect to get many upgrades from dungeons until we go back to Outlands (or where ever).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/19/2012 06:40 AMPosted by Carathen
The OP's suggestion falls apart because it will make queues longer. Much longer.

I often see queue times brought up as an argument against changing the dungeon loot rules. But I'm not convinced. For one thing if there are tanks who stops queing or queues as dps to get dps gear there will be dps who will want tank gear. On top of that most people in heroic dungeons are not there for the gear, they are there for the easy VP and tanking would still remain the easiest and fastest way to get through dungeons. And if it did begin to affect queue times the tank bag would pop more and in the end I doubt queue times would change much if at all.

Everybody who is able and willing to tank *ALREADY* tanks for the instant queue. Likewise everybody who is able and willing to heal, unless they are also able and willing to tank as well. Nobody queues DPS unless it is the only role they are able and willing to fulfill, because the queues are stupid even when they are "good" and horrendous when the game is facing a true shortage of tanks or healers.

VP are not a serious argument, because there are now so few VP in a random dungeon, and there are so many in LFR and daily quests. There is almost literally now no reason to do heroic dungeons except the loot drops. The Justice Points are worthless, the Valor Points are plentiful from other sources, and there is no more reputation. Restricting tanks from having an even chance at the loot they actually want from running the dungeon would absolutely drive them into DPS queues, along with the people who only DPS and the ones who will not tank or heal for strangers.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
11/19/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Moncrief
Everybody who is able and willing to tank *ALREADY* tanks for the instant queue.

This.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]