Holy or Disc?

90 Human Priest
For progression raiding should i be healing as disc or holy? Our heal makeup is Rshammy with dps os(for 2 healing), Mist Monk, and me. I have both specs, and i have been swapping depending on fight, but i can only gem/enchant for one as i only have one set of gear currently.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
For ten man it highly depends on the fight. Some fights will favor holy more while others disc. For gearing however I simply hit the haste points for Holy then stack mastery since they benefit both spec's fairly equally.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yea, i am doing 10 man. Just need to gear towards one more than the other. Any other advice out there?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I started out holy but I think disc works better. I also raid with a MW monk and shaman/paladin. We're stuck on Elegon though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Oh yea. we clear MV easy with no deaths. We are currently working on 4/6 in HOF. That's more or less where most of our progression is atm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/19/2012 04:01 AMPosted by Ronfår
Yea, i am doing 10 man. Just need to gear towards one more than the other. Any other advice out there?

But generally speaking the stat priority is the same unless you're gearing for a specific fight like Elegon which favors smite over raw absorbs.

Holy : Int->spirit->haste (breakpoint)->Mastery->Haste (over breakpoint)->Crit
Disc: Int->Spirit->Mastery->Haste=Crit
Disc (Smite): Int->Spirit->Haste (HF breakpoint)->Crit=Haste->Mastery
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Currently, Disc is bringing more than Holy. Until 5.1, there isn't much reason to play Holy—even if you're raid healing.

You will see most of the top 10M Disc Priests running Spirit/Mastery, but there are arguments to be made for Haste/Crit, depending on your spell usage (beyond heavy Smite play) because of how it affects PoH.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Rule of thumb: Disc unless you need Divine Hymn or better spread healing than PoH can provide.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Alright thanks. Alot of useful info.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I like disc, but I love raid healing as holy. Echo of light makes things so easy for me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Use this guide:

Am I healing against Garalon or Tsulong?

Yes: Holy.

No: Disc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Currently, Disc is bringing more than Holy. Until 5.1, there isn't much reason to play Holy—even if you're raid healing.

Yeah but when this guild invited me they said they were looking for a Holy Priest and already had a Disc who had no interest in going Holy.... so I accepted the spot because after playing Disc the last 2 expansions on my previous Priest I am ready for a change.

I've been having a blast... and my HPS has been more than competitive.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Use this guide:

Am I healing against Garalon or Tsulong?

Yes: Holy.

No: Disc.

More or less this
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Go go 5.1 !!! I need a reason to play my Holy Priest!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
What are they changing about holy?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
They're increasing the amount chakras provide. Instead of +15% they changing it to +25%
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yea, I enjoy holy a lot more than disc. Hoping 5.1 gives more incentive to choose it over disc for most fights. Although considering my other two healers in the raid are a rshammy and monk, i kind of get stuck doing the tank healing. Making disc and almost must for me. Anyone ever use shammy or monk for tank heals, or is that just out of the question?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Get good with both. Approach each fight differently: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794980143

Don't have healing assignments in a 10 man. Tunneling causes more deaths at the heroic level. All three of you should be maintaining something on the tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Get good with both. Approach each fight differently: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794980143

Don't have healing assignments in a 10 man. Tunneling causes more deaths at the heroic level. All three of you should be maintaining something on the tanks.

Thanks, i actually have read your guide in extreme depth, and watched your videos on the fights. I subscribed as well =). I haven't played since wotlk so i wasn't aware that healing assignments were a bad idea now, thanks for informing me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]