Am I gemming right

90 Pandaren Warrior
Please look and discuss. I did what AskMrRobot said. what I am concerned with is my avoidance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warrior/protection

Enjoy

Any class, any spec, gems, rotation, glyphs, reforges.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Suggesting Noxxic when someone says they've done what AMR suggested is like suggesting someone uses gasoline when their house is on fire.

@OP: I wouldn't gem nearly that much stamina. Mastery's still an awesome stat, and you should still be gemming for that. Try match socket bonuses though, free stats are awesome and there aren't any really bad stats (Except crit/haste) for prot warriors.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Look, it's another LFR hero with stam gems who spends the entire run with 100 rage.

11/19/2012 07:03 AMPosted by Wushusword
Please look and discuss. I did what AskMrRobot said. what I am concerned with is my avoidance.

You don't get avoidance this expansion, sorry.
Edited by Severen on 11/19/2012 3:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Look, it's another LFR hero with stam gems who spends the entire run with 100 rage.

LFR heroes don't come to the forums to improve themselves.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. It's pretty cool that you're stacking haste before you hit 15% expertise, by the way.

Leave the guy alone. He's here to get better. You could do with some of that yourself.
Edited by Rijdot on 11/19/2012 5:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. It's pretty cool that you're stacking haste before you hit 15% expertise, by the way.

Leave the guy alone. He's here to get better. You could do with some of that yourself.

This.

He's asking for advice. Help him, don't tell him he's garbage. We're not EJ. We're the freaking tank board. If you can't come here for help, where can you go?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Thanks guys.....least the positive ones..LOL
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Just remember, being willing to ask for, and to listen to, advice makes you better than half the other players out there.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I switched to default mrrobot optimization after being sick and tired of the magic heavy fights where my mastery heavy mitigation is pointless.

My best advice, which I think all the theorycrafting boils down to, find a good balance between hit/exp, stamina, and mastery. Otherwise maintain two sets of gear for magic or physical damage.

The only fight I've been in which is almost all physical damage is the Spiritbinder. When you're tanking him trying to absorb his shadow attacks is pointless as they cannot be absorbed. Keep your shield up, and hope your mastery is high enough to keep the crit blocks up. When you're not tanking him switch to barrier to minimize voodoo doll damage.
Edited by Liquidity on 11/22/2012 2:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warrior/protection

Enjoy

Any class, any spec, gems, rotation, glyphs, reforges.

Noxxic still suggests seal of truth for paladins.

just saying
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Those 2 white hits and 1 SotR that got parried during an 8 minute boss kill really made the encounter difficult. Theorycraft all you want, I'll go by actual log data.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/24/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Severen
Those 2 white hits and 1 SotR that got parried during an 8 minute boss kill really made the encounter difficult. Theorycraft all you want, I'll go by actual log data.

The goal of hit/exp capping is to prevent the worst possible scenario from happening which would be a string of missed resource generators thus prolonging your time without AM.

Just because it hasn't happened to you yet doesn't mean it won't or hasn't happened to someone else.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/24/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Severen

I don't think you understand the purpose of haste gearing, or hitting hit/expertise thresholds.

Call no one bad when you're not maximizing yourself.
Edited by Rijdot on 11/24/2012 10:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/24/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Priapis
The goal of hit/exp capping is to prevent the worst possible scenario from happening which would be a string of missed resource generators thus prolonging your time without AM.

I don't think you understand the purpose of haste gearing, or hitting hit/expertise thresholds.

Call no one bad when you're not maximizing yourself.

I fully understand it, and it has no affect on my casual 25 man raiding guild. I am sorry that it affects your forum enjoyment however.

Haste gearing is to increase Holy Power generation, the only other purpose is a DPS increase.
Both of those happen when soft-capped, for myself, and the thousands of other paladins who stopped at the soft cap.

Last week I had 2 parries of HoPo builders in MV, across all bosses. My "string" of misses leading to a wipe just isn't coming. Math says I should be parried far more often, but I haven't been, so I have stayed away from hard capping expertise, because me, and my guild don't need it.

What my casual guild does need, is a bit more DPS to help carry our sub-50k folks, if I can help with that a bit, that's a good thing, as long as I don't present a risk to the raid, which I haven't so far. This may change as we move into heroic modes, I'll be sure to keep you updated.

edit: typo
Edited by Severen on 11/24/2012 9:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Last week I had 2 parries of HoPo builders in MV, across all bosses. My "string" of misses leading to a wipe just isn't coming. Math says I should be parried far more often, but I haven't been, so I have stayed away from hard capping expertise, because me, and my guild don't need it.

Not sure you understand statistics or Murphy's Law.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/24/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Slashlove
Not sure you understand statistics or Murphy's Law.

Fully understand them. Don't care, hasn't affected me in 8 years of tanking.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Funny. On 11/20 you had 12 CS parries and 2 HoTR parries.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/24/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Severen

I hear prior expansions are relevant when discussing varied stat weights and their effects.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
11/24/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Severen
I fully understand it, and it has no affect on my casual 25 man raiding guild. I am sorry that it affects your forum enjoyment however.

Your gearing itself I don't care about.

The fact that you berate other people when you yourself are suboptimal (read: doing it wrong), however, I do care about.

11/24/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Severen

It's a good thing that this expansion has seen a complete revamp of the way tanks tank, huh?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]