Top 5 DPS classe projected for PVP after 5.1

90 Night Elf Hunter
Eh?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Warrior, Mage, Hunter would be my guess.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/19/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Yarko
Hunter
LOL
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/19/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Melix
LOL

Honestly not keeping up w/my Hunter patch notes. Did they nerf that 'one shot macro' thing I kept hearing about?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
'one shot macro' thing I kept hearing about?

You mean the macro from BC? huehuehue
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The problem was not the "one-shot macro". It was a combination of bugs and cooldown stacking.

- They fixed a bug in arena that allowed pets to by-pass resilience.

- They corrected a bug where Spirit Beast pets summoned by Stampede where healing 100% rather than the intended 25%.

- To lower burst, they nerfed Lynx Rush by making it a stacking bleed debuff and increasing its duration from 4 secs to 18 secs. Sorry not positive if those are the exact numbers.

That probably would have been enough, but instead of making those changes and seeing how it played out they went one step to far by nerfing Beastial Wrath.

- Pets under the effect of Beastial Wrath are no longer CC immune.

THAT is the crippling change hunters are upset about.
Edited by Melix on 11/19/2012 11:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Shadow preists are still going to be OP even after the hybrid healing nerf,mages are still going to be OP after their nerfs and I'd assume wars are still going to be OP also.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Hunters will not be at the top at least in my opinion.

- Our burst will go down in 5.1 overall.
- During BW or Stampede our pets will be able to get CC's. Any class that has a aoe CC will surely be using this to there advantage.
- Our CC's can be dispelled by a lot of classes. Will be difficult setting up a kill.
- Scatter shot can be dodge. Trying scatter+trap will get more difficult as you have to land a scatter shot then correctly place the trap under your target for him to be CC.
- Hunter damage will only be dangerous when our CC are up. If you can survive the burst then you can really ignore the hunter since the damage isn't sustainable.

Long story short it's going to be difficult for a hunter in arenas and rbgs. Also in RBGs there won't be much of a benefit to have a hunter compare to our range classes.
Edited by Suddén on 11/19/2012 12:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Ele shaman #1!

You are listing top 5 burn targets right?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Hunters currently aren't even in the top 5 pvp classes.

Once the nerfs hit, they will be back down in the bottom where Blizzard dev's intend.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
11/19/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Suddén
- During BW or Stampede our pets will be able to get CC's. Any class that has a aoe CC will surely be using this to there advantage.

Just a bit of correcting for for the sake of getting this common misconception done away with. Stamped summoned beasts are and have always been cc able given BW never affected them. But come 5.1 our main pet will now be cc able trough BW giving any player the ability to completely negate our burst while we have virtually no way to counter this
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I could honestly care less about hunter nerfs cause im looking for something diff to play anyways.
Reply Quote
96 Human Paladin
Not sure about top 5, but Mage and Warlock will always be good in this game.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
11/19/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Prieto

Just a bit of correcting for for the sake of getting this common misconception done away with. Stamped summoned beasts are and have always been cc able given BW never affected them. But come 5.1 our main pet will now be cc able trough BW giving any player the ability to completely negate our burst while we have virtually no way to counter this

The stampede pets didn't even do close to the damage of the BW pet though(non bugged stampede) so they didn't even need BW. The fact that all cc works on BW is just silly. I could see if they made...just stuns but no other cc to include roots and snares. Stuns are usually on a cd and would be a choice. Now all you need to do is pretty much root/snare the pet twice. It's a stupid change and does not require any skill or a cd(in the case of disarming a bladestorm for example) and it guts BM's cd.
Reply Quote
97 Dwarf Hunter
The irony in the entire situation of hunters getting such high representation is that it was made possible by a combination of bugs, overlooks and horrible class design. These three attributes that normally hinder the hunter class, bringing us to the top, even for only a little while.

Hopefully blizzard can understand their failure with our class and make an attempt to fix it once and for all, now that their failure has broken us to become overpowered instead of underpowered. However it doesn't look like that is happening, instead of learning from their mistakes they just nerf BM into oblivion, band-aid fixing (more like band-aid breaking) all the mistakes they made that were a problem and not giving us anything in compensation to make sure we aren't pummeled into the ground.

One of the first signs that they didn't care about this class was that they made our 5th and 6th talent tiers dps abilities that didn't really do much else. The only additional effects were blink strike's charge, glaive tosses horrible 30% slow and powershot's unreliable knockback. Making such uncreative abilities was enough of a sign to me that they didn't care. Instead of giving us utility or abilities that actually changed the way we play, they just gave us 6 forms of arcane shot that had all different durations, cooldowns and cast times, and the worst part is that the hunter's overall dps was balanced around these abilities. So in the end these abilities constituted absolutely nothing to our class besides forcing us to press a different colored button every now and then.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
11/19/2012 09:12 AMPosted by Yarko

Six hefty nerfs to mages will not keep them "OP" for long.
Edited by Pewpewblast on 11/19/2012 4:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/19/2012 02:01 PMPosted by Xvi
Ele shaman #1!

obv.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/19/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Pewpewblast

Six hefty nerfs to mages will not keep them "OP" for long.

Hefty? Is that truly what you think the mage "nerfs" qualify as?

Let me put it this way, are you willing to bet that mages will not still be the #1 caster dps class for arenas even after these "nerfs"?

Name me one caster that will be better to have after 5.1.... warlocks? Only work as demo right now, and as for rep, probably one of their worst seasons ever. Not getting any buffs, burst damage from all classes that were an issue but hunters still going to be retarded (sorry hunters). Spriests? If they nerf pvp power on hybrid heals, that one nerf is easily twice the total combined mage nerfs. Balance druids? LOL melee smashed. Ele shamans? Really? ..... really?

So yea.... you're still going to be the best caster by a freaking mile. Stop whining you !@#$ing child.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
warr, hunter, mage and dk imo
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm going to throw out a combo breaker and say that it will be more or less balanced, with spriests and rogues a liiiiiiiittle higher but not much, with war/ferals/mages/locks/monks right behind them and the rest right behind those...but close overall.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]