The stressful life of Arena Healing

90 Pandaren Shaman
How stressful is MOP Arena healing these days? seriously first time Resto Sham Healing played Disco and Holy Pally in Cata both seemed far more relaxed.

I'm not sure, if its just cause I have to micro manage more macros or situational totems... they may be effective but they are hard work. Last time I checked weren't games supposed to be mainly about fun and relaxing lol not uber stress??

What do you think is the easiest Arena healer? and why?
Edited by Shàngdì on 11/19/2012 4:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
* Drops Spirit Link Totem (SURVIVES ANY BURST).
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Udeadbro

* Kill spirit link

Kills shaman
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
11/19/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Udeadbro

JK Demo Lock whole team dead.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
How stressful is MOP Arena healing these days? seriously first time Resto Sham Healing played Disco and Holy Pally in Cata both seemed far more relaxed.

I'm not sure, if its just cause I have to micro manage more macros or situational totems... they may be effective but they are hard work. Last time I checked weren't games supposed to be mainly about fun and relaxing lol not uber stress??

Shaman is BY FAR the easiest healer, a ton of room to make mistakes and ironically enough the least stressful healer to play due to constant healing through riptide/earthshield/healing stream totem every 30 secs
Edited by Imprøve on 11/19/2012 4:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
LOLZ
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Druid
Shaman is BY FAR the easiest healer, a ton of room to make mistakes and ironically enough the least stressful healer to play due to constant healing through riptide/earthshield/healing stream totem every 30 secs

Says the pally.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/19/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Popits
Says the pally.

Says the Druid.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/19/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Okay
Kills shaman

I lol'd, good one 10/10 my sides
11/19/2012 04:18 PMPosted by Shàngdì

Shaman by far. They are easy and extremely effective. They are essentially the 'babbie's first healer' training wheels set for getting into arena as a healer.
Edited by Rickrogers on 11/19/2012 5:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
HC
All this thread will breed OP is posters like some of the ones before me and turn into a self entitled CJ. You tried though at least :p.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/19/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Cepstral
Says the pally.

Says the Druid.

Says the Priest.

...wait
Reply Quote
93 Pandaren Shaman
11/19/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Sup

JK dispel Dark Soul, now you can't do **** for 2min
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Actually Spirit Link Totem is usually a death sentance. Smart teams will see you drop the totem, kill it, then kill the half health shaman with half the effort. I try to make sure I'm out of LoS or the other team is CC'd before I'd even -DARE- to drop it.

I find arena healing the most stressful on shaman (Because I'm the most mortal) and the least stressful as a druid, because druids can always get away.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/19/2012 05:25 PMPosted by Popits

Says the pally.

is your brain not functioning correctly?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Actually Spirit Link Totem is usually a death sentance. Smart teams will see you drop the totem, kill it, then kill the half health shaman with half the effort. I try to make sure I'm out of LoS or the other team is CC'd before I'd even -DARE- to drop it.

I find arena healing the most stressful on shaman (Because I'm the most mortal) and the least stressful as a druid, because druids can always get away.

Plz pity me disc priest most nerf
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Spirit link is very powerfull when you have a large health pools to balance out damage but for smaller overall health pools in 2's and 3's its very risky buisness.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
11/19/2012 05:58 PMPosted by Sadiie

JK dispel Dark Soul, now you can't do **** for 2min

JK AXE TOSS WEOOO
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm wondering if the reason why I feel Resto Shaman's are stressful is due to the fact that our instant casts Riptide, Earth Shield, Healing Stream are simply not enough to mitigate the instant pressure that melee classes can so easily apply.

Take for example MS Warriors, who seem to be doing pretty well as they generally always have done in Arena. Why is this? look at the dynamic of the Warrior, all of their abilities are instant cast and hit hard with the exception of slam which is not instant obviously. This allows Warriors to apply constant pressure, not to mention all the interrupts melee have, my little Warrior has 4 potential spell interrupts which can make Resto Sham hard cast heals a nightmare.

To put things in perspective, what would happen if Warriors main abilities were hard cast with no CD's like a Resto Sham's main heals? say on a 1.5 sec to 2.5 sec cast and could be interrupted for example?

Or perhaps another way to look at it, what would happen if Resto Sham's hard cast heals were not hard cast but instead instant casts with a CD? wouldn't that be far more relaxing and allow us to content more effectively with burst lol?

Its seems, that anything that is instant is going to have an advantage over anything that is hard cast and can be interrupted? what are your guys thoughts?
Edited by Shàngdì on 11/28/2012 8:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

Or perhaps another way to look at it, what would happen if Resto Sham's hard cast heals were not hard cast but instead instant casts with a CD? wouldn't that be far more relaxing and allow us to content more effectively with burst lol?

Its seems, that anything that is instant is going to have an advantage over anything that is hard cast and can be interrupted? what are your guys thoughts?

then a Holy paladin is perfect for you
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]