Blood Elves in the Horde

90 Orc Shaman
So lately I've been seeing a LOT of posts about the Blood Elves re-joining the Alliance, because of some meeting between Lor'themar and Varian.
Being on the Horde and the large amount of work it would take to make them Alliance or even neutral for that matter, I can't really see it happening.
But thats not what I'm trying to get across here.
I want to know why people want the Blood elves on the Alliance in the first place.
Why do you want another elf race to play?
Are Night elves not enough?
If your that desperate to play a Blood elf then just play one.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
We Blood Elves were made for the Horde! The Horde is family, after all.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
They feel WC3 nostalgia and get all up in arms about how the Blood Elves shouldn't be nice to the orcs since they fought in the second war and that the draenei made nice with the elves so they should join up with the Alliance in the LIGHT again.

I don't really agree
Reply Quote
62 Orc Death Knight
We don't even know if Lor was the one talking to Varian for all we know it could have been Aethas he seems pro alliance/neutrality( I am not denying the possibility of Lor talking to Varian I am just saying we have limited info to work with so it is all speculations). I believe that the Alliance want blood elves so bad because it is the second best thing to getting playable high elves. They want that Lord of the rings/warcraft 2 feeling with that said going by looks they seem to belong on the alliance because they look pretty however, looking at the blood magi and the Reliquary the themes and personallites of the blood elves fit the horde better. I don't see any thing wrong with wanting high elves, but I do believe the alliance should appreciate the elves they already have and stop trying to steal our damn elves.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yeah, I think it's mostly a Warcraft 2 nostalgia thing going on. I love High Elves, and some form of playable High elf would be sweet, but we really need more development on Night elves A side than have the Blood elves join us and have a monopoly on elves. I really don't see why Alliance players want Blood elves anyway. Blood elves have been jerks to the Alliance, and High elves are the ones who stayed loyal.

Blood elves belong more in the Horde, thematically.
Reply Quote
89 Undead Warlock
I am pretty sure Blizzard is trying their best to destroy relations between the Alliance and the Sin'dorei. The whole Theramore event was pretty much the blood elves' doing, on Garrosh's orders of course. Sunreavers are actively aiding the Horde, simillarily to how the Kirin Tor are helping the Alliance, despite both of their claims of neutrality. Now, Lor'themar is angry at Jaina, along with the Kirin Tor rejoining the Alliance, I am pretty sure relations are ruined.

And it should be, because now I believe the Alliance have screwed over the elves more than the Horde has.

Honestally, I kinda want High elves to bunk up with Stormwind, and leave Quel'Thalas Horde, to stop all of the Blood elves Alliance threads. I know, they still would proberly happen.
Edited by Ximothy on 11/17/2012 5:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
According to the posters here, they want the night elves to REALLY want to ditch the Alliance, so I imagine they'd need some sort of elf to fill the void.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
It's a nostalgia thing. People complaining remember High Elves being major players in the second and third war for the Alliance and even having a presence in WoW and think it's weird that they're not a playable option for the Alliance after being such a huge part of the faction for so long.

Admittedly it is sort of a bizarre fit for the Horde, but that's kind of the point anyways.

I don't think we should get too angry at the people complaining though... Horde players would likely be just as confused and annoyed if Blizzard had done the opposite and, for instance, given the Alliance trolls instead of the Horde.
Edited by Aureus on 11/17/2012 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Most people who want the blood elves in the alliance (or playable alliance high elves for that matter) almost definitely didn't play WCII and probably didn't play WCIII either. They just assume that high elves have to be the "good guys" and on the same side as humans and dwarves.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Let those who absolutely have to have their playable "good guy" high elves either continue whining about it here on the forums or they can eat EQ2 or Lotro. Since WC3, Warcraft has been your unconventional fantasy setting where orcs aren't strictly evil and elves side with them against humans and dwarves. If they can't take that and insist on a setting that's more Tolkien like, they can go somewhere else.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/17/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Omacron
Most people who want the blood elves in the alliance (or playable alliance high elves for that matter) almost definitely didn't play WCII and probably didn't play WCIII either. They just assume that high elves have to be the "good guys" and on the same side as humans and dwarves.

Or maybe they just want to play High Elves. Geez... I played WCIII and I would of liked to play a High Elf before MoP or anything but nothing can be done and...to heck with Tolkien and all that.

New=/ good

Warcraft is the exception but people need to latch off the idea of new always means good.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Lorthuron

Or maybe they just want to play High Elves. Geez... I played WCIII and I would of liked to play a High Elf before MoP or anything but nothing can be done and...to heck with Tolkien and all that.

New=/ good

Warcraft is the exception but people need to latch off the idea of new always means good.

You can play a high elf! They're called "blood elves". They're canonically the same race.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/17/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Omacron

New=/ good

You can play a high elf! They're called "blood elves". They're canonically the same race.

You can stop being obstinate.
Reply Quote

The option to play high elves is there, just not in the Alliance. Political affiliations change. Italy was once in the entente, then they were axis.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Maybe with this new neutral race thing going on, the high elves could become neutral playable race. With the lore it could happen. The sunwell was recreated which means theroretically, the blood elves could turn back into high elves. Now its probably never gonna happen, but it could work. With all this WCIII going on the high elves turned into blood elves when they left the alliance. 90% went with keal'thas and the other 10% stayed high elves. The humans treated them like crap so they will never rejoin the alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

The option to play high elves is there, just not in the Alliance. Political affiliations change. Italy was once in the entente, then they were axis.

Yeah and High Elves are totally Italians right?
Reply Quote

Yeah and High Elves are totally Italians right?

They had to be bailed out by the Alliance and then the Horde, just like the Italians during the world wars.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It's a nostalgia thing. People complaining remember High Elves being major players in the second and third war for the Alliance and even having a presence in WoW and think it's weird that they're not a playable option for the Alliance after being such a huge part of the faction for so long.

Admittedly it is sort of a bizarre fit for the Horde, but that's kind of the point anyways.

I don't think we should get too angry at the people complaining though... Horde players would likely be just as confused and annoyed if Blizzard had done the opposite and, for instance, given the Alliance trolls instead of the Horde.

Exactly. Other than humans, high elves were the most prominent Alliance race in both WC2 and WC3*. They're as iconic to the Alliance as trolls are to the Horde.

*The dwarves had a similar number of units in WC3, but they played small roles in the campaigns (through Muradin and Baelgun) and Khaz Modan wasn't visited. Quel'Thalas was heavily featured in the first undead campaign, and the second "Alliance" campaign revolved entirely around the blood elves.

On a related note, the Horde needs some playable ogres.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/17/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Omacron
They're canonically the same race.

Same race, different affiliations, and one could argue biologically different.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Blizzard got tired of the high elf threads on the forums so they made up the "Varian/BE negotiations FAIL FOREVER" story just for us.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]