Blood Elves in the Horde

100 Night Elf Druid
Every time someone mentions "subraces" I want to strangle a kitten.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/17/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Omacron

And every time I see you post nonsense I want throw a Hozen at you.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
and they have absolutely no where near the numbers to justify fielding a player race.

I don't think that's a real issue though. I mean, the Shang Xi academy really can't have more than a few hundred graduates, but that's where all the Pandaren player characters, both horde and alliance are from.

11/17/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Omacron

What's wrong with subraces?

Yeah, high elves as a subrace seems a bit weird, but in other cases? I don't see any real reason why, for instance, Forsaken elves should be unplayable.
Reply Quote
91 Goblin Mage
Subraces I MIGHT be okay with, because at least then you can bring in things like Vry'kul for human offshoots, Mag'har as an orc variant, etc. All those different types of trolls that people can play as.

That is really the only way I'll ever be okay with high elves as a completely separate playable race. Right now, we have two playable elf races. That's honestly more than enough for any MMO. Anymore and it becomes World of Elfcraft, or EQ where you have for or five different varieties, when the franchise holds humans and orcs as its centerpiece figures. If you absolutely MUST have new elves then I think new orcs and new humans should come first, and probably new trolls as well.

Honestly though, I find rehashing currently existing races into new models to be stupid and lazy. If there is a new playable race in the next expansions, let it be something new and original.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
11/17/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Mathogg
I want to know why people want the Blood elves on the Alliance in the first place.

I don't. They're a bunch of dime a dozen, two-timing, backstabbing rats.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
11/18/2012 02:49 AMPosted by Vyrin
I don't. They're a bunch of dime a dozen, two-timing, backstabbing rats.

Which begs the question, Vyrin why did you create a Blood Elf on an RP server?

And another question, how the fruit cakes is your level 25 blood elves nearly friendly with The Black Prince?
Edited by Ximothy on 11/18/2012 2:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
11/18/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Ximothy
And another question, how the fruit cakes is your level 25 blood elves nearly friendly with The Black Prince?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7e0777z7AY
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/18/2012 02:53 AMPosted by Ximothy
Which begs the question, Vyrin why did you create a Blood Elf on an RP server?

Ambiguity.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Blizzard could, theoretically, do a fresh lore pass for BElfs (and Draenei, they're stuck in the BC time capsule too) which splits the faction, having the Horde BElfs remain in Silvermoon and, after parking it someplace that won't cause a ruckus, have the Alliance BElfs go to Dalaran as their capital. This would require the BElf starting area to be totally re-done or need a totally new, non faction specific starting area to be created like the Wandering Isle. When rolling a BElf you would start neutral, then pick a side at an appropriate level like the Pandaren.

The problem is, the Horde would need a new race specific to them to preserve faction balance (Ogres perhaps?) and alliance players would whine about getting a recycled race instead of a 'new' one.
The advantage is all the WC2 fans who want to RP High Elves get what they want, and Blizzard only has to manufacture a full set of lore for one race instead of two, while at the same time advancing the plot of a race that has been pretty static for a long time.
It's doable, and the lore at the moment has the potential to swing towards a split in the faction, but it probably won't happen and if it does it will take until a major expansion to do it and would require a model update (which is in the works from what I hear, but that will be a long way off).

Is it a good idea? Maybe not, but I certainly wouldn't mind. I don't think Azeroth can hold too many more sapient races anyway.
Reply Quote
62 Orc Death Knight
Blizz is not going to make blood elves neutral to satisfy those people who want high elves. The horde shouldn't have any race go neurtal to satify the allaince player base and vise versa. There is too much bad blood between dalaran and the blood elves for your neutrality plan to work. Thankfully Blizz seems to want to drive a massive wedge between the alliance and the blood elves. As I said before if a horde race were to go neutral it would be the tauren. I am not going to complain if the alliance want high elves because I see were you guys are coming from however, trying to steal one of our races is were I draw the line.
Edited by Kazgro on 11/18/2012 6:59 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]