I want my Cata Disc back...

90 Draenei Priest
Disc was just fine in cata, why change it? Mop completely destroyed all that disc was known for.

1.Dispelling, disc in cata was a dispel bot. Why take that away from us? Our healing isn't that great, dispelling was one of a few abilities that made us viable for pvp.

2.Mana Burn, another well known ability for priests. Myabe take it away from spriests but for gods sakes why take it away from disc, we have terrible mana regen, this ability is crucial in arena for a win. Seriously Bizz wth.

3.Offensive healer, in cata and prior, disc was an offensive healer. Able to dispell and attack with a small amount of burst via mind spike and mind blast to finish off an enemy, blizz has not robbed us of these abilites. Main issue, we now only have holy spells such as smite, pennance, and holy fire which if interupted lock us out of healing, a utterly idiotic mechanic. Really blizz, we need to cast damage spells to heal, and you allow us to be completely locked out in the procces gj.

Conclusion, Blizz completely destroyed this spec by making it a useless back burner pve spec. Who the hell is going to use spirit shell in pvp? We have a hard enough time casting heals anyway why give us an additional shied that requires casting? Holy dumb !@#$, for stupid. Take away everything that disc was known for. Take away everything that made disc fun to play. What do you get? A spec that is no longer played. What have you learned blizz, absolutely not a %^-*ing thing, "Disc is fine".

!@#$ off Blizz

Sincerly,

A priest who wants his disc back.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
As much as I love shadow right now Im building a disc set in the rare chance blizzard will revert disc to its cata state. Such a solid and unique healing class, really shocked me how it ended up performing so poorly in mop.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
And interesting is that...our only advantage now is that we do a little bit more damage than holy for ours atonement heals...and what we will get in 5.1? A nerf to our damage via PvP power change!!! HA HA HA HA ha ha nice blizz...ty to destroy our only difference right now. We will be a real punch bag with only focused will.
Reply Quote
72 Tauren Druid
<- lvling a druid..and I hate everything about the druid class..and I aspecially hate, cats. LOLCats, real life cats, wow cats, thundercats and the word cats itself.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Last time I checked we are boss as dispelling - you just got to get better at positive and negative dispels.

It is basically a mana burn button. But you have to concentrate on doing both positive & negative spell dispels for any of it to actually be effective.

It's fine the way it is.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Last time I checked we are boss as dispelling - you just got to get better at positive and negative dispels.

It is basically a mana burn button. But you have to concentrate on doing both positive & negative spell dispels for any of it to actually be effective.

Wut and wut? We have mass dispel which costs a ton (39k mana) and has a 15 second CD, and you have defensive dispel with the 8 second cd. And mana burn <> dispel, so I don't even know how those two got put together.

Anyway yeah I want my cata disc back too. I got depressed about it and went holy for a bit, and shadow, then got slightly inspired by the changes in PVE and pulled my pvp healy gear out of the bank and did a BG or two, or three as disc again. I'd like to stick with it, but my gosh using my pre MoP reflexes I go OOM so fast it's unbelievable.

The irony is, my horde priest is still 85 and I don't have this problem at all. I almost don't want to level her!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Disc does feel pretty gutted compared to my druid, we lost mana burn , spammable mind control , shadow damage spells as disc so we can throw dmg while locked out/mind control while locked out or force a kick on mind control then heal, lost Focused will * it is agreed this was a crippling mistake as we are getting it back in 5.1 * .
You know they threw in a hot fix a few weeks ago that buffed disc, why didn't they just put focused will in that hot fix also. I don't know why they would mini buff disc but not just put in all the intended buffs
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest

It's fine the way it is.

Ummm... Resto shaman have an offensive dispel as well. However, theirs removes two buffs instead of one.

The bosses of offensive dispelling are resto shaman now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I agree with everything except number 2. Manaburn should have never existed in the first place.

this ability is crucial in arena for a win
..wat? No it isn't.
Reply Quote
34 Night Elf Priest
11/19/2012 08:37 PMPosted by Jessqt
I agree with everything except number 2. Manaburn should have never existed in the first place.

Mana burn was in the game because priests have always had terrible mana regen in comparison to the other healers.

With its removal, the mana inefficencies of the class are laughable. No priest will ever outlast another healer in a mana war.
Edited by Lureilyia on 11/19/2012 9:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
11/19/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Lureilyia
With its removal, the mana inefficencies of the class are laughable. No priest will ever outlast another healer in a mana war.

To be fair,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ8a2KGdKnY
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]