What do I do when...

90 Tauren Death Knight
I found someone hacking/cheating/botting but at the time was unable to utilize the Report feature?

I was on my 85 cruising through Jade Forest when I saw the darnest thing, another 85 flying (well not really flying, more like falling but resetting themselves up after they fell a bit). I know 85s can't fly in Pandaland, and have seen this before. It took me a bit to click on this sketchy/skippy fellow and when I was right clicking to bring up the Report, he/she went out of range. I couldn't follow him, as my 85 can't fly, and I'm not going to wander aimlessly through Jade Forest in order to find and report.

So, what do I do?
(I have heard submitting tickets get the generic "There is a Report feature, use it" response)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I found someone hacking/cheating/botting but at the time was unable to utilize the Report feature?

I was on my 85 cruising through Jade Forest when I saw the darnest thing, another 85 flying (well not really flying, more like falling but resetting themselves up after they fell a bit). I know 85s can't fly in Pandaland, and have seen this before. It took me a bit to click on this sketchy/skippy fellow and when I was right clicking to bring up the Report, he/she went out of range. I couldn't follow him, as my 85 can't fly, and I'm not going to wander aimlessly through Jade Forest in order to find and report.

So, what do I do?
(I have heard submitting tickets get the generic "There is a Report feature, use it" response)

If you caught the name - open a petition.

Report that as a probable compromise, and that you saw the character 'flying' in Pandaria at 85. I'll almost guarantee you....it has about a 97% chance of being just that, a stolen account being abused.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
So if you put in a ticket what are the chances it will be looked at when you get the standard 'there is a report feature' response?

As the OP said there are times you cannot access that feature. I use tickets when I cannot use the report feature hopeing that they will be looked at. Please understand that there are so many times the report feature cannot be used in reporting cheats.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Rogue
Chances are that it was me testing out my new goblin glider.

:D
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I had this happen to me before on an alt, the guy vanished into the ground as well, and disappeared before I could report him via targeting. I said that in my ticket, and didn't get the generic "please use the report system."
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
97% chance eh, sounds to good to be true cuddly, sleepy panda!

In addition to what Ayrthrina said, maybe if there was a report feature that you could bring up, and put in the character's name if they are unable to get right clicked on, due to a distance issue. Have it only be used if you and the character being reported are in the same zone?

Edit:
Hey there sleepy panda bear! I just got a response, and well, you were correct. You can probably bump that 97% up to a 98% too. ALSO the response was quite fun to read :D
Kudos to that GM, who shall remain unknown, in the shadows...
Edited by Deffknight on 11/17/2012 6:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
If you caught the name - open a petition.

Report that as a probable compromise, and that you saw the character 'flying' in Pandaria at 85. I'll almost guarantee you....it has about a 97% chance of being just that, a stolen account being abused.

The only problem is that the reply from You (read: Blizzard) will be "Use the in-game report feture, moron."
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I've reported 2 people doing that already. One was not on a mount and they looked like they were "skipping" in the air. I guess what it looks like when someone lags? They stopped and then mounted up and continued on like they were blinking/skipping in mid-air. The second one was on a mount doing the skipping thing.

Both times I saw something wasn't right and clicked on them and then right-clicked their name and reported player for cheating. I hope that doing my duty in reporting all that is evil in botters helps make the game more enjoyable. :P

edits; because I just woke up and maths isn't working my brain right now

grey text----v
Edited by Liqiu on 11/17/2012 7:21 AM PST
Reply Quote
i had to report 2 people who were doing this type of behavior the whole flying at 85 thing and it wasn't the hang glider...

though i can hope blizz finds out the program they are using, break and ban wave em all.
Reply Quote
10 Undead Warrior
11/17/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Gistene
though i can hope blizz finds out the program they are using, break and ban wave em all.

Unlikely. I was hoping that not being able to fly until 90 would slow the mining and herbing botters down.

Looks like that is not the case.

What was going on in Uldum was past the point of ridiculous. Oh well.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I call it "Multi Moon Jumping" from my old Super Mario Bros. 3 Game Genie days......

I've reported a handful of these players, still seeing them, same characters.

Daggerspine- m,-'''''''-,m NOBODY CARES.
Reply Quote
96 Gnome Warrior
I had this happen to me before on an alt, the guy vanished into the ground as well, and disappeared before I could report him via targeting. I said that in my ticket, and didn't get the generic "please use the report system."

I am very clear in my tickets and I still get the form letter responses. They are fairly insulting to be honest. The situations where you can right click someone for the report option you want are very limited. If you could do it via the combat log, or through emotes, or even the AH that would be handy.

edit: The bg scoreboard would be handy too! Hard to take the time to right click an enemy portrait when they are trying to kill you.
Edited by Quinten on 11/17/2012 9:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
This is a very common abuse of game nowadays. If you're in Jade Forest near any ghost iron or herb nodes, you will see a lot of these doing their farm and air-skip.
Reply Quote
Instead of assuming, do the ticket.

Btw, I've had to report things without the report feature. Sure, I get something about using it. But I also read the whole thing. Because in there is also that he will address the issue and take all steps necessary.

In the mean time, I have taken note of the player and we will be looking into their previous actions. You will not be notified of any actions taken against them in order to protext their privacy.

This was right in the middle of it.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Hunter
Instead of assuming, do the ticket.

Btw, I've had to report things without the report feature. Sure, I get something about using it. But I also read the whole thing. Because in there is also that he will address the issue and take all steps necessary.

In the mean time, I have taken note of the player and we will be looking into their previous actions. You will not be notified of any actions taken against them in order to protext their privacy.

This was right in the middle of it.
I don't get that, just the standard "Please use the report option. Thanks for trying though, sorry we couldn't get to you in person!" I've been trying to report a player's full account of VERY sexually filthy names and thus far nothing has happened, but I'm 3 tickets in and I'm tired of reporting with no action being taken.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
seen the same thing twice always a lvl 85 toon with no acheivments and low lvl gear and flying on a basic flying mount in jade forest or the valley of the four winds farming ore. like they use the scroll of reserection and just started ore farming 24 hours a day. getting tired of them.
Edited by Gronksmash on 12/5/2012 11:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
Gronksmash, instead of posting in an old thread in the CS forum, follow the advice given by the Blue in post #2.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I have been reporting and opening tickets aswell as adding them to friends list. thats how I know they have been kicked
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
lol I report open ticket and add them and get others to come see and report just figured I would add my 2 cents in the forem found 3 so far and got 2 banned
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]