Really, Horde? Have to be -that- rude?

90 Night Elf Druid
I have toons on both Alliance and Horde on Maelstrom. Being the mostly live and let live person I am, if I happen across someone trying to kill a rare and struggling, I will often stop and assist them, regardless of faction. When i do this on a horde toon, I usually get a smile and a thanks from the Alli I helped, and we move on.

However, when I am on an alliance toon, more than half the time my help is accepted... and I am thanked with a shadowbolt to the face as soon as the mob is dead. Despite going out of my way to help, -and- avoid AoEs and cleaves.

Yes, I realize this is a PvP server. Yes, I know that by stopping to help anyone I run the risk of this happening. However, I find the complete lack of common decency between people in this game rather appalling. No good deed goes unpunished...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
so wait you left out the part where who cares.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
people in diplomatic immunity sure do complain a lot!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Woe
people in diplomatic immunity sure do get ganked a lot!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Lol. I never said I -lost- when attacked. And Woe, we've killed you folks plenty, so keep talking out your rear ends. Simply trying to make a point that courtesy and manners don't exist anymore, and it's pathetic. Somehow people think purposefully being a prick is an admirable quality, when, really, it's more of a sign of how alone you feel. And if you don't care, don't comment. :) Why waste your time and mine?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
because i think you're cute and im too scared to admit it

you caught me!
Reply Quote
Welcome to Maelstrom. I do the same thing and most of the time I get attacked.

At least some Horde have the balls to stick around when a fight breaks out.

P.S. I was at Halfhill today killing players. Where was Woe?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Woe
P.S. I was at Halfhill today killing players. Where was Woe?

We were too busy spending time with our families, after all. What are you, some sort of nerd that does nothing but play this game all day?

11/18/2012 11:46 PMPosted by Aniyka
Somehow people think purposefully being a prick is an admirable quality, when, really, it's more of a sign of how alone you feel.

Hey, look, it's more armchair psychology from Maelstrom's carebear community.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
i am just.....so alone............
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
You're mistake was rolling on this server. I would have killed them for the rare mob (as I have done several times already). The best times is wiping a Major Nanners group and taking him out as they watch from the air with res sickness.

11/19/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Antipodus
Hey, look, it's more armchair psychology from Maelstrom's carebear community.

11/19/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Sprots
i am just.....so alone............

They've struck again! Oh god now I feel alone...
Edited by Balanor on 11/19/2012 11:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Woe
We can all be alone together.

Nanners is my favorite too, because for some reason everyone fights him at the edge, which is perfect for typhooning people off. I've had the item since day 2 of the expansion, it's just so fun to gank people doing them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I have toons on both Alliance and Horde on Maelstrom. Being the mostly live and let live person I am, if I happen across someone trying to kill a rare and struggling, I will often stop and assist them, regardless of faction. When i do this on a horde toon, I usually get a smile and a thanks from the Alli I helped, and we move on.

However, when I am on an alliance toon, more than half the time my help is accepted... and I am thanked with a shadowbolt to the face as soon as the mob is dead. Despite going out of my way to help, -and- avoid AoEs and cleaves.

Yes, I realize this is a PvP server. Yes, I know that by stopping to help anyone I run the risk of this happening. However, I find the complete lack of common decency between people in this game rather appalling. No good deed goes unpunished...

I hate to say it but there are dicks on both side, to me the alliance players are more like a summers eve and yes I have a toon on that side also.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
you have people like that sadly. im like you, if i see someone doing a daily or something that they might need help on, regardless of faction (with the exception of certain guilds like NRU and fires of trisfal). sometimes your greeted with a smile and sometimes a sword to the face. all you can do is keep being a good player and person and hope others will follow the example. so +1 internets for you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
11/18/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Aniyka
I have toons on both Alliance and Horde on Maelstrom.

Get out.

Being the mostly live and let live person I am, if I happen across someone trying to kill a rare and struggling, I will often stop and assist them, regardless of faction.
Aww, how generous of you. You should get the "Total Sap" achievement.

When i do this on a horde toon, I usually get a smile and a thanks from the Alli I helped, and we move on.
Of course they thank you. Because they know you are true alliance scum like them.

Of course your help is accepted. If they were to attack you immediately they could very well die to the rare and you together, leaving the rare for you to win.

The fact that you think the someone's decision to attack or not attack you has anything to do with "common decency" tells me that you truly live in fantasy-land.

Let me be serious for a moment. I've been on this server for six years. I've killed alliance unprovoked. I've ignored them peacefully. I've assisted them with mobs. I've /love /cry /mourn /thank /whistle /wave /point /no /hug /kiss /growl /sigh and /cannibalize 'd them. And then afterward, killed them or not killed them. So really, I'm not criticizing you for how you choose to deal with the opposite faction. But its pretty pathetic that you would project your moral expectations to the other side, and come here and whine about the Horde in a thread.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Fat Cobra suspects that you do not actually have diplomatic immunity! Instead, you must FIGHT!

HA HA HA!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I think the funniest thing is the horde pride. I would feel like such a nerd if I ever felt like the opposite faction was "scum", isn't this a game? Or has this evolved to something more important than images on a screen?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/22/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Bravadó
I think the funniest thing is the horde pride. I would feel like such a nerd if I ever felt like the opposite faction was "scum", isn't this a game? Or has this evolved to something more important than images on a screen?

Yes it is a game and you just so happen to be on a rp-pvp server where part of that game involves killing other players and roleplaying the part of an enemy. Now go carebear somewhere else.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRG8NNqqeqE

Stop helping Horde. You are Alliance. That is the opposite of what you are supposed to do.
Reply Quote
I never watched that show but late 80's and 90's cartoons had the best intros.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I have toons on both Alliance and Horde on Maelstrom. on a horde toon, I usually get a smile and a thanks from the Alli I helped, and we move on.

when I am on an alliance toon, more than half the time my help is accepted... and I am thanked with a shadowbolt to the face as soon as the mob is dead. No good deed goes unpunished... by horde

Connected the dots! Alliance probably would thank a Horde for rare mob help while the Horde are much much more mean!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]