Really, Horde? Have to be -that- rude?

91 Human Monk
12/02/2012 07:20 AMPosted by Krzysztof
Should have rolled on another realm if you saw population differences between factions as a problem.

Except it didn't used to be nearly as bad as it is now, the Horde has always outnumbered us, but we had enough people, generally more skilled than the Horde had, to fight back. Now most of those players have either gone to the Horde, to another realm, or quit. Currently 87% of the active 90s on the realm are Horde, that's a nearly 9:1 ratio. Skill kind of goes out the window when they can just keep coming at you till they kill you and proceed to camp you.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
My fail attempt for trolling...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior

Except it didn't used to be nearly as bad as it is now, the Horde has always outnumbered us, but we had enough people, generally more skilled than the Horde had, to fight back. Now most of those players have either gone to the Horde, to another realm, or quit. Currently 87% of the active 90s on the realm are Horde, that's a nearly 9:1 ratio. Skill kind of goes out the window when they can just keep coming at you till they kill you and proceed to camp you.

Again with this outnumbered crap? 87 percent? 9 to 1 ratio? WHERE are these numbers?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Yeah, uh, I don't beleive for a second that Alliance are outnumbered 9 to 1. Provide me with proof. Outnumbered? Yes. 9 to 1? Not a chance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I must be really fortunate to often be by myself with 2-3 Alliance milling about nearby with a Horde to Alliance ratio like that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
i just recently faction changed over, pop ratio is very horde heavy

major horde city in pandaria is packed, just a shade under the /who search cap at non peek hours

go on over to the alliance one and hover above the guards and you guys count how many alliance you see.

the faction representation in the new continent is very very very horde heavy

but this is nothing new its just how pvp servers are, pve servers are always alliance heavy its just how things are
Edited by Nevruc on 12/4/2012 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
just forgot orgrimmar is flooded with horde but stormwind only has around 20-30 guys
Edited by Nevruc on 12/4/2012 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
It's no where near 9:1. I would say somewhere near 2.5:1 or almost 3 at peek hours. Most Alliace are either doing BG's, heroics, dailies, or playing/leveling their Horde main/alt.

The factions are pretty unbalanced at peek hours but that just means more WPvP for us.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's no where near 9:1. I would say somewhere near 2.5:1 or almost 3 at peek hours. Most Alliace are either doing BG's, heroics, dailies, or playing/leveling their Horde main/alt.

The factions are pretty unbalanced at peek hours but that just means more WPvP for us.

i had to go alliance it was slim pickings horde side
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
WoWProgress tracks every 90 that has killed at least one raid boss on normal mode (I believe), and they say Maelstrom has 2,466 90s with a 1:.38 H:A ratio. GuildOx says there are 4240 90s with a balance of 65% Horde to 35% Alliance. Going by WoWProgress there are 2.632 Horde for every 1 Alliance. Going by GuildOx there are 1.857 Horde for every 1 Alliance. Either way, Maelstrom is a pretty small server and the idea of there being enough players to cause an almost Mal'Ganis or Illidan level of faction imbalance is pretty laughable.

9 horde for every 1 alliance would be a 1:.1111... ratio, btw.

fake edit: wowprogress' criteria:
* Population - amount of level 90 characters that meet any of the two conditions:
- The character is from a guild and the guild killed something in Tier 13 content
- The character killed something in Tier 13 content
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
12/04/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Surprises
WoWProgress tracks every 90 that has killed at least one raid boss on normal mode

Well that rules out 99 percent of our crap server.
Reply Quote
Why does this thread still exist?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
12/05/2012 02:01 AMPosted by Canxopener
WoWProgress tracks every 90 that has killed at least one raid boss on normal mode

Well that rules out 99 percent of our crap server.

Maelstrom would have to be -really- bad to not have more than 5 people that killed a boss in normal Dragon Soul.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Ya those ratios are pretty steep (even if a single one of them is accurate). Though considering how many people are on this server period now it's hardly overwhelming.
Edited by Balanor on 12/6/2012 7:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I was doing the Wilds dailies the day before yesterday where you are in the mine... So many Horde. I sware if any more of them were undead I would have thought it was a zombie invasion. Couldn't walk 5 feet withouth getting hit by either a mob or an AoE spell. I was fighting for mobs more so than I was when MoP first dropped.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]