Android HTC Wildfire S (cellphone)

90 Human Mage
My friend is selling a phone and I need one now, long story short I basically lost my old cellphone+sim card.
Im not one of those hardcore phone users who needs to check twitter/facebook/youtube every 10secs or play games, it's just basically for texting, emergency calls and pictures here and there.

He's asking for $80, I hustled him down to $60 but I don't know anything about phones so I don't know if $60 is good or bad. I dont need to buyout a contract or anything like that.

The thing is, im buying the phone without a SIM card, so, what do I do? The transaction isn't complete yet since he wont be coming home until another 2 weeks so I can easily change my mind.

Anyways, I bought a cellphone without a SIM card and tried finding the answer on google but couldn't find the it, does anyone know what I have to do?. I know need to get a SIM card, but how much do they cost and what store can I buy them at. I live in Canada so I dont know if thats an issue
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Mage
Is the phone you bought the HTC Wildfire S ?

It looks like the HTC Wildfire S is locked to Bell and or Virgin Mobile. So you need to go to one of those carriers and get a sim card for you phone. You can either get a pay as you go sim card. Of a montly plan for voice and data access. If you can find someone who knows how to unlock your phone. Then it might be possible to then go to a another carrier.

Since you already own the phone you don't need to get into a 1 or 2 or 3 year contract.

Also the last official OS release for your phone is 2.3.5. However there are custom roms that will upgrade it to 4.0 if you know someone who can set it up for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]