Shaman totems nerf 5.1

91 Orc Shaman
Hey, just spreading the word of the nerd hitting us next patch. I know alot of people love shamans on this server. So here is the change...

All totems are now considered spells, and summoning totems can be prevented by silencing effects. Searing Totem, Magma Totem, and Fire Elemental totems fall into the Fire school, while all other totems fall under the Nature school.\

I'm personally not happy about the change, but there isn't anything I can do about it. I'm more surprised than anything else. I think this nerf is really random. What do you guys think?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
i mean if u get locked you shouldnt be able to spirit link / healing tide if others cant bubble or do anything either, sounds right
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
((I feel this is a completly uneccessary nerf.

Shamans, imho, already have a bad enough time on the pvp side of things. Dps specs have very few tools to keep someone off of us/staying alive. Not being able to drop totems while silenced just makes it harder on us. Really dont feel like being full feared and blanket silenced by a destro lock for a free chaos bolt just because i cant tremor and ground it. Not cool

To me if this goes through, they take away what makes our class unique and pretty much make our class real squish, possibly not viable for serious arenas or rbgs.

Just woke up, may have put a little more in-depth talk on this, but this is my 2-cents off the top of my head))
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Shammy forums that way

------>
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
You guys do know that blizzard loves to make shamans crap, don't you watch WORcrendors videos?

"Blizzard has nerfed shamans for the hundredth time."
Edited by Ruvin on 11/19/2012 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/215534904_gcGiH-L-2.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You guys do know that blizzard loves to make shamans crap, don't you watch WORcrendors videos?

"Blizzard has nerfed shamans for the hundredth time."

I've seen that!!!
Reply Quote
89 Tauren Druid
Meh, it seems like they're moving shaman away from special snowflake status so that they'll be easier to balance, for better or worse. Being able to use a variety of cd's when silenced is pretty strong. Maybe you'll see some buffs in other areas as a result.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Don't worry! We still have our 4-piece bonus giving us 5 seconds of silence/interrupt immunity when we use spirit walkers grace. Oh !@#$! I just remembered, that is still broken, never mind.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Ah, no expansion is complete without a debilitating nerf to dps shamans.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I'm not sure why Blizz does these things...

Perhaps, this nerf is because a Blizz developer watched his fav toon get punted off a cliff because he thought he had the Shaman silenced.

Perhaps, this is because Blizz, rationalizing the labor costs of keeping game developers on the payroll to the toons at the top of the feeding chart decided, "here, shaman class, tweek them, nerf them, buff them, do something that will get the players in an uproar so we can show the suits that you're 'doing things' down here."

Perhaps...Blizz just doesn't care anymore...who knows.

What I do know was for the longest time Shaman's were god mode, then the paladins came, and shaman's weren't the sh*t anymore...then came a time when they got beat down by the nerf bat so bad that playing a shaman was akin to leveling a casual holy priest with out ever grouping for quests or dungeons. Then they were on top, then in the middle...and now they're screaming to the bottom again...the way I look at it...at least we're not ret pallys.

In the past a ret would stride through a crowd and it was swing that way, "dead." Then swing this way, and "dead."
Now, it's "tickle" here, and "tickle" there, and the pally is screaming at his screen as he watches his target casually heal through the damage, and we're all thinking, "Look, are you going to kill me, or just tickle me till I run of mana or bandages?"

Overall, I think Blizz has gone Monty-hall with their game...still a good game, pvp wise, and such, and great ideas...but...how they're handling HP, gear, and such....really...it's just a form of Oprah's favorite things, "You get a blue, and you get a purple, and you over there, have a legendary!"

I think the overall problem isn't with the "they nerfed shamans, AGAIN!" rather it's a problem with where they are going with the game...and tbph...they're kind of heading towards a console-like game.

tl;dr Blizz has lost sight of the purpose of their game, and their moving it towards a console-like game structure.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Anokh
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/215534904_gcGiH-L-2.jpg

That comic was made moreso because we kept Kurtz alive with a gang of healers.

Yeah, I was there.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Frinkls approves of the shammy nerf, If I silence you you shouldnt be able to ground my chaos bolt.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
11/19/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Frinkls
Frinkls approves of the shammy nerf, If I silence you you shouldnt be able to ground my chaos bolt.

OOC

I will enjoy grounding chaos bolts until 5.1 then. Cuz damn boii, you hurt. :(

Makes my knees weak.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
((I feel this is a completly uneccessary nerf.

Shamans, imho, already have a bad enough time on the pvp side of things. Dps specs have very few tools to keep someone off of us/staying alive. Not being able to drop totems while silenced just makes it harder on us. Really dont feel like being full feared and blanket silenced by a destro lock for a free chaos bolt just because i cant tremor and ground it. Not cool

To me if this goes through, they take away what makes our class unique and pretty much make our class real squish, possibly not viable for serious arenas or rbgs.

Just woke up, may have put a little more in-depth talk on this, but this is my 2-cents off the top of my head))

HAVE IT BAD ENOUGH?

WHAT?!

WHAT?!?!?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Shamans are THE NUMBER ONE HEALER

BAR NONE

BY FAR.

Go back to your corner, and congrats on the extra chromsome.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Man you kids are some real babies, shamans are the BEST pvp healers in the game right now, anyone that thinks otherwise is just complete trash...

Accept maybe in RBG's....
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Needed change.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]